Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Apparently the industry doesnt work this way.

First priority of a big company is profit and not catering to those who got you there. With consoles their profit is 3 or 4 times bigger.

MasPingon

Arcane
CDPR admit it at last. We could have a beautiful game, but then "next gen" consoles happened. This is so fucking sad.

/ooops, Perkel was first

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
It would make us seem like we’re incapable and that next-gen is not as next-gen as people would think.
:whatho:

Well, this isn't exactly unexpected - all AAA developers succumb to mental debilitation given enough time. It's a natural process; thermodynamics teaches us that entropy always wins in the end. But CDPR has set a new world record, I think. From moderately competent to a bunch of total retards in just 4 years? Wow.

Firstly, it will probably run on my shitty computer: this makes me glad.
You're jumping to conclusions, mate. Shit gfx doesn't mean low system reqs.

Last edited:

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I love how much faith you guys have for an anonymous internet "fact", which strangely surfaced the day said game got positive reviews.

BTW I'm really a red bearded dwarf and I ate baby ponies for breakfast.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
So, Witcher fans brought this on themselves now that their game failed to stay on the bleeding edge.

No, it's CDP who brought this on themselves, because they pushed the graphix with TW 1 and 2 which were on PC, if they would stay on PC W3 would be the benchmark for todays graphics, which fans expected because of the previous games, but they betrayed their audience and went consoles.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
z17905474V,Coz-mozna-powiedziec----Niebo-a-ziemia--Zwroccie-u.jpg

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
For the record: I don't think there was a downgrade. There's no need for conspiracy theories. I bet the PC version is just a crappy console port. It's happened before, it'll happen again.

And their E3 demos were just bullshots, like all E3 demos. Strictly PR stuff, nothing in common with the actual game.

Last edited:

bussinrounds

Augur
Next patch will feature a cross-platform performance improvement. Forget framerate drops. Forget hangups. Forget choppiness. Here is an exclusive screenshot from the patch's beta testing team. The patch will feature two different graphical detail settings, for added incl00siveness!

Ulttra:
advanced_dungeons_and_dragons.png

Hey...D&D on the Intellivision !

Treasure of Tarmin was the better AD&D game on the system though. :obviously:

fxpU79j.jpg

Perkel

Arcane
Hm, that puts things into perspective a little more. Do you guys think that the devs should have built a seperate build just for the PC, so it can look better on it, even though they didn't have the manpower and budget for that? Isn't that a little unrealistic to ask for?

No from budget side of things having 3 different pipelines for each console/pc is not really an option for small studio.
They basically had to choose XBONE as default and build around that performance. So they started to downgrade when they realized XBONE has shitty power.

This naturally collides with "PC first" attitude they want to sell.
Basically PC players which were the biggest audience for TW games sponsored now console game ported to PC.
Good job CDRED.

Imo they are doing same thing exactly what Bioware and Betsheda did for DAO and OBLIVION and Crytek with Crysis2

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Next patch will feature a cross-platform performance improvement. Forget framerate drops. Forget hangups. Forget choppiness. Here is an exclusive screenshot from the patch's beta testing team. The patch will feature two different graphical detail settings, for added incl00siveness!

Ulttra:
advanced_dungeons_and_dragons.png

Hey...D&D on the Intellivision !

Treasure of Tarmin was the better AD&D game on the system though. :obviously:

fxpU79j.jpg

Too much graphics. We're trying to save the framerate here, remember?

MasPingon

Arcane

Above comparision is fail. Both screenshots are from the build right after downgrade. This 35 min presentation, from where the first screenshot is, was one of the first shared materials where it was very noticeable.
So what is the below picture? Someone recreated TW3 in TW1 mod tools?

What differences can you see besides range of view and lack of sharpening filter on the second one? It's the same build. How proper PC version looked like you can see on Novigrad gif above.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Above comparision is fail. Both screenshots are from the build right after downgrade. This 35 min presentation, from where the first screenshot is, was one of the first shared materials where it was very noticeable.
So what is the below picture? Someone recreated TW3 in TW1 mod tools?

What differences can you see besides range of view and lack of sharpening filter on the second one? It's the same build. How proper PC version looked like you can see on Novigrad gif above.
You need better glasses. I can also see weaker textures, much worse foliage, crappier sky, worse water and so on.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hm, that puts things into perspective a little more. Do you guys think that the devs should have built a seperate build just for the PC, so it can look better on it, even though they didn't have the manpower and budget for that? Isn't that a little unrealistic to ask for?

No from budget side of things having 3 different pipelines for each console/pc is not really an option for small studio.
They basically had to choose XBONE as default and build around that performance. So they started to downgrade when they realized XBONE has shitty power.

This naturally collides with "PC first" attitude they want to sell.
Basically PC players which were the biggest audience for TW games sponsored now console game ported to PC.
Good job CDRED.

It's almost like they're following in the steps of Rockstar, which did EXACTLY the same.

GTAIII - TW1 (PC first: great game, rough but innovative)
GTAVC - TW2 (PC first: kept the first game formula, improved everything improvable)
GTASA - TW3 (Console first: PC players get a shit port, running fairly mediocre graphics shittily)

That said, if TW3 is 1/10th as good as GTASA is, sign me up.

WhiteGuts

Arcane
It's certainly looks less sharp and blander.

I'm more annoyed by that Twitch video aoutplaying every time I refresh the page than by graphical downgrades.

Yeah I dunno how to turn the autoplay off, so if anybody knows how to do it please enlighten me niggas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom