Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
"Long-term fans" means fanboys because no fan would think the stories involving yennefer and ciri are actually decent. The whole setting is single handedly brought down by them.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
How's nobody talking about the next Witcher game staring Geralt again?

Because it's not what's written in the article.

director Sebastian Kalemba has promised that The Witcher 4 will be a great “entry point” for new fans. “I believe I can say it'll be an excellent entry point for many players, without forgetting the long-time fans who still wish to follow Geralt's adventures.”

Everything else is speculation
Yes, if CDPR had any sense they would be three years into development of a make-your-own-witcher Open World RPG, to fully steal the audience abandoned by Bethesda Softworks. :M

moon knight

Matt7895's alt

director Sebastian Kalemba has promised that The Witcher 4 will be a great “entry point” for new fans. “I believe I can say it'll be an excellent entry point for many players, without forgetting the long-time fans who still wish to follow Geralt's adventures.”

Yes, if CDPR had any sense they would be three years into development of a make-your-own-witcher Open World RPG, to fully steal the audience abandoned by Bethesda Softworks. :M

make-your-own-witcher is gonna put them in a lose-lose controversy situation.

Allow to make a female witcher, you break the lore and piss off core fans. Don't allow to make a female witcher, you piss off a huge chunk of people and get into a massive controvesy on social media, don't know if they can afford it after Cyberpunk (the cucks at ResetEra are still banning discussions about it)

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2

Allow to make a female witcher, you break the lore and piss off core fans. Don't allow to make a female witcher, you piss off a huge chunk of people and get into a massive controvesy on social media, don't know if they can afford it after Cyberpunk (the cucks at ResetEra are still banning discussions about it)
You mean they have banned the entire discussion about the game this whole time? :retarded:

Gerrard

Arcane

That's free marketing win though.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
About to start a replay of Twitcher 3. Last time I played it, neither of the two big DLCs had come out yet, and I never got back to play them.

When is the best time to start the 2nd expansion (Tuissant)? After the main quest? Before? What about the 1st expansion (Hearts of Stone, or whatever)?

Modron

Arcane
When is the best time to start the 2nd expansion (Tuissant)? After the main quest? Before? What about the 1st expansion (Hearts of Stone, or whatever)?
Well I remember the Heart of Stone expansion adding locations to the base game that were basically level 70+ areas (you could go in earlier and clear them of course this was an action game after all but there would be a lot of tarded rolling involved) and Blood and Wine came out after that so whenever you get to the 70 range would probably be the right answer unless BaW is secretly scaled to your level and can be started at any time.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Finish the main quest and whatever side quests from the base game you feel like completing, then complete Hearts of Stone (which occurs in the Novigrad region), finally do Blood & Wine which occurs in a new region (Toussaint). The journal includes level indicators for the expansion quests (as for the base game quests), which will serve as a guide to avoid being underlevelled.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Can't you start those DLCs without playing the main game? Much better choice than grinding through mind numbing main content for dozens of hours just to play DLCs. HOS is worth the wait but B&W is more of the same base game stuff so don't burn out on base game before getting to it.

Ryzer

Arcane
Can't you start those DLCs without playing the main game? Much better choice than grinding through mind numbing main content for dozens of hours just to play DLCs. HOS is worth the wait but B&W is more of the same base game stuff so don't burn out on base game before getting to it.
I think there is an option to start either Blood and Wine or Heart of Stone when you click "new game".

Falksi

Arcane
About to start a replay of Twitcher 3. Last time I played it, neither of the two big DLCs had come out yet, and I never got back to play them.

ASAFP to get away from the garbage main game.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I'm replaying the whole game from scratch, it brings back memories of simpler times... The controls and camera still suck even on a controller, but hey, it's Twitcher!

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I wanted the next Witcher universe game to have a custom character.
Would be more fun for us to make some rookie that gets inducted into a failing witcher order, and climb our way into relevancy and restore it.
Hadn't CDPR said earlier that this was Geralt's last game? Didn't we leave him an old man, at his vineyard, with his wife and daughter, winking at the camera?

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'm genuinely curious whether CDPR resists the gravitational pull of the woke hole for the next Witcher.

Or whether we get the standard American hodgepodge, the Northern Kingdoms being all kinds of black and brown, black king of Redania, brown queen of Kovir, women in witcher orders, nothing matters anymore, all coherency and character of the world out of the window. Immersion zero.

For any other game by any other developer it'd be fabulously optimistic to expect anything else than a woke goulash but this IS Polant's national treasure, maybe they'll mark it as a special case.

racofer

Thread Incliner
I'm genuinely curious whether CDPR resists the gravitational pull of the woke hole for the next Witcher.
They already caved.

maxresdefault.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
I am experiencing the "can't tear myself away from the game when it's time to go to bed" syndrome which is the most important mark of a good game.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I wanted the next Witcher universe game to have a custom character.
Would be more fun for us to make some rookie that gets inducted into a failing witcher order, and climb our way into relevancy and restore it.
Hadn't CDPR said earlier that this was Geralt's last game? Didn't we leave him an old man, at his vineyard, with his wife and daughter, winking at the camera?
Yes, the next Witcher game should occur earlier in the setting's timeline, be an Open World game, and feature a customizable character, in both appearance and stats. The Witcher series already has something of a tripartite division between sword/combat skills, magic skills, and alchemical skills, which would be a good basis on which to construct a skill system with a wider range of options, so that instead of the game requiring the PC to be a swordfighter with some magical ability and alchemical knowledge, it would be possible to focus on magic or alchemy. It's already been 8 years since The Witcher 3 released and 12 years since Skyrim released, which gives CDPR the opportunity to steal the latent audience for a fantasy Open World game that Bethesda has relinquished through inactivity.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom