Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition

FugueLah

Scholar
I have been reading the books recently and am hyped to play this again. Is W3EE Redux all I need?

Yosharian

Arcane

FugueLah

Scholar
Okay so after a period of procrastination, I have finally got around to installing the thing, which was not as simple as I expect a modern game to be to mod. Now, I am confronted with a myriad of options. Are the default Redux settings fine, or are there some options you guys recommend I tweak?

Frozen

Arcane
They could literally print money if they only used their own toolkit to make another sequel.

But no, let's try to copy Bethesda and make a derpy first person "RPG" in one generic cyberpunk city.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Great news, but why only now, and not a few years earlier.
:negative:
They know that a new game (especially new Witcher) is still many years ahead and they need a stable source of income until then. Witcher 3 has always been a solid seller, but it can always be better.

Also they want to keep interest in the IP high. And decent modding scene massively prolongs the longevity of a franchise - just look at the Elder Scrolls, without any new game since 2011.

Frozen

Arcane
You want more income?
Fire all useless women from the company.
That would cut costs by 50%

pff. cowards. Here I was hoping for custom char. I bet they'll do Geralt and Ciri again but this time it'll be 50% or mainly Ciri/W3 reversed, alan wake 2 style.

And Ciri will have to keep saving his ass because Geralt is too weak and "getting too old for this shit". Also a dumb male that will make some stupid decision that Ciri will have to lecture him about.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
How's nobody talking about the next Witcher game staring Geralt again?

Because it's not what's written in the article.

director Sebastian Kalemba has promised that The Witcher 4 will be a great “entry point” for new fans. “I believe I can say it'll be an excellent entry point for many players, without forgetting the long-time fans who still wish to follow Geralt's adventures.”

Everything else is speculation

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom