Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 new trailer

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
All this stuff was already present in the Gamescom presentation. So much for 'new trailer'.

But oh well, TITS!!1111

dragonfk

Erudite
Well I wasn't on Gamescon and the version available before had too poor quality for me to bother watching it.

spekkio

Arcane
Thanks for the link, dragonfk, I haven't seen it before.

Game looks interesting, espcecially boobs.

:thumbsup:

hoochimama

Liturgist
What? She covered up her tits, that's the opposite of a reward!

Looks terrific.

Eyeball

Arcane
Looks like Witcher: Arkham Asylum and, I must admit, pretty stylish. I had enough of the clickclickclick combat and shoddy inventory and leveling systems in W1, though, and won't get this unless it's on big sale.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Looks pretty good, guess I'll have another game to look forward to in the upcoming months, besides Arcania.

Phelot

Arcane
:lol: at the 3:04 were he runs into the guy, but he doesn't notice...

Anyways, it really does look like Arkham Asylum and hopefully they really did get rid of the horrible combat from TW1.

But still, after all the love affair for TW1 which is essentially a mediocre game at best, I can't get too excited for this bullshit yet.

Murk

Arcane
If the combat/gameplay is at all like this is implying - which seems to be a mix of Thief/proper hack'n'slash style without the stupid QTE shit, I am going to love Witcher 2.

1eyedking

Erudite
Narrative and dialogue definitely took a hit.

Feels more like a movie now, rather than a tale.

We'll see.

ironyuri

My panties are so wet right now.

The Witcher 2 will save the cRPG genre for ever! ITZ HEAVAN

Inziladun

Magister
I like the visual style a lot better in this one. But it is a bit odd to see all the characters look completely different than what they did before, despite looking better.

Also Poland cannot into english still. The conversation is very clumsy.

made

Arcane
Polish is a very rich and complex language, not easily translated into English. Expect many fucks and shits in a vain attempt to replicate intricate Polish insults.

StrangeCase

Educated
Much as I hate to echo 1ek, he's right that they're definitely going the "cinematic experience" route. Maybe they'll be able to pull it off, because I thought the trailer presented itself rather well. On the other hand, look at where it's taken gaming as a whole over the past several years...

CrimHead

Scholar
Looks like it'll be more of what was in the first Witcher. Shit combat, inventory, roleplaying, quests, dialogue, voice acting, BUT HOLY SHIT CHOICES AND CONSEQUENCES GOTY ALL YEARS

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Stealth? That's interesting. I hope the game delivers, but if it turns out to be shit at least the codex will have something to talk bitch about for a month or so.

Also, tits.

:thumbsup:

zeitgeist

Magister
I don't understand how the Witcher series isn't multiplatform. The first one looked, played, and felt just like a console "RPG" (action/adventure) ported to the PC, complete with clunky mouse/keyboard controls for combat that would work much better with a gamepad. This one seems to be more of the same + the combat system taking even more cues from currently popular 3rd person action/adventure console games. What's the point of a PC-only release for such a game? Have they ever officially commented on this?

DraQ

Arcane
zeitgeist said:
I don't understand how the Witcher series isn't multiplatform. The first one looked, played, and felt just like a console "RPG" (action/adventure) ported to the PC, complete with clunky mouse/keyboard controls for combat that would work much better with a gamepad.

Sorry, my retard buffer overflowed at this moment, and I had to drop the rest of your post so as to prevent possible execution of retard code in my brain.
:smug:

Joghurt

Augur
So it looks like even PC RPG without any firearms are getting cover system these days. That's kinda fun.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Joghurt said:
So it looks like even PC RPG without any firearms are getting cover system these days. That's kinda fun.

To be fair, it reminds me more of Thief 3 than any modern shooter cover systems.

Angthoron

Arcane
Do want. It better be good though, or I will never eat potato again. Maybe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom