Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
We really, really, need a Court Intrigue RPG. So many possibilities. If you get Obsidian to do it, take Avellone's high school RPG idea and the influence system and crank it up - what you wear, what you say to NPCs, managing your retinue, etc. Or Larian could do it Dragon Commander style where you are an army general and you need to manage politics in the camp and back home. Or a more Sim-genre title and tie it to a historical figure like Rousseau or Richelieu. Heck, you could do it indie/kickstarter style, since you'd just need some well drawn backgrounds and a robust system under the hood rather than a full 3D world...

:(

Lord Andre

Arcane
That's not politics. Politics is about intrigue, patronage and interests. The Pagans, Hammerites and Keepers are ideological sects, not political factions.

The closest Thief came to dealing with politics was the whole Sheriff Truart subplot in Thief 2.

I don't agree but whatever.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Anyone know about this toolkit video? Link got removed and video set to private. ;(
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/33472-redkit-new-video/

Okay, missed this post.
I was the author of the video and I only posted it in the beta forums with "link only" and not published for everyone, because everything the beta participants do is still confidental. I set the video to private now. So if the one who started the thread was the one who copied it from these forums, then please don't do it again or I might get into trouble. I guess I'll have to set every video there to private now. ;)/>

Promising comments though.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey: http://en.thewitcher.com/patch3-3/

Patch 3.3 adds modifications to Aard and Quen. The modifications are applied when a relevant shrine is found and used in game and they can be disabled in DLC settings in Options. It also adds auto-detection of the controller.

Activating a relevant shrine changes Quen into Solar Quen adding a 10% chance for an attacker to be incinerated when hitting Geralt.

Activating a relevant shrine changes Aard into Ice Aard adding a 20% chance of freezing opponents hit with the sign.

The controller (gamepad/keyboard+mouse) is detected automatically.

What is this, Bioshock?

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I played the game a long time ago, so I don't remember correctly....where are shrines in the game? What are those?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
wow that's crazy. they kept adding new stuff to their games. Next thing you know, new sex cards incoming.

Angthoron

Arcane
Huh, I should update and replay. Haven't played since "vanilla", seems I've missed out a lot.

Right after I replay TW1 though. Is savegame transportation working properly now?

Black

Arcane
Huh, I should update and replay. Haven't played since "vanilla", seems I've missed out a lot.

Right after I replay TW1 though. Is savegame transportation working properly now?
It is, but it's not worth it unless you enjoy TW1 immensely.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Activating a relevant shrine changes Quen into Solar Quen adding a 10% chance for an attacker to be incinerated when hitting Geralt.

Activating a relevant shrine changes Aard into Ice Aard adding a 20% chance of freezing opponents hit with the sign.

I see CD Projekt is being influenced by Jeff Vogel's "Make your game easy--then make it easier" school of thought.

Cromwell

Arcane
Meh, dont like that. Not only is there already a fire sign, its not ehm very witchery to be a living torch, or freeze opponents.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

I see CD Projekt is being influenced by Jeff Vogel's "Make your game easy--then make it easier" school of thought.

I'm pretty sure Jeff didn't intend the "make it easier" stage to be almost two years after the game's release.

Angthoron

Arcane

I'm pretty sure Jeff didn't intend the "make it easier" stage to be almost two years after the game's release.
Well, looks like this roll-playing game has just improved the to-hit bonus.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I just finished TWitcher 2 a few days ago. Good game. Reasonably challenging throughout for me, which was good because the first game was way too easy. Still not sure if I preferred it to the first one or not. TWitcher 1 definitely had a better soundtrack, interface, and I miss the boobie cards. :( Despite being a rolling simulator, TWitcher 2 combat was fun and a definite incline IMO.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Would gamepad or keyboard and mouse be recommended?

Personally, I played with KB&M and felt that it worked pretty well. The combat is console-ish, sure, but not to the point of requiring a controller - i.e. it's not as bad in that regard as, say, Dark Souls.

DraQ

Arcane
I just finished TWitcher 2 a few days ago. Good game. Reasonably challenging throughout for me, which was good because the first game was way too easy. Still not sure if I preferred it to the first one or not. TWitcher 1 definitely had a better soundtrack, interface, and I miss the boobie cards. :( Despite being a rolling simulator, TWitcher 2 combat was fun and a definite incline IMO.
Pretty much this.

TW2 is both visually beautiful and good from storyfag perspective. Combat is a bit formulaic (because rolling is pretty much the ultimate defensive action and has no associated cost, so you'll spend more time rolling than walking), but overall more fun than in TW1.

OTOH music is poor, interface is shit (though not nearly as shit as in Skyrim), item inflation is in and is shit, alchemy got castrated and animated flashbacks/cutscenes are a fucking crime, especially compared with TW1 paintings.
Also QTEs and needless cinefaggotry. Blood also mostly looked better in TW1.

I don't miss boobie cards because they were derpy.

Would gamepad or keyboard and mouse be recommended?
Works pretty well on KB+M although the controls aren't fully reliable.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Music is poor? I beg to differ.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9a-DmxpXhQE

But the sex parts of the game aren't really my thing either. Did anyone else get the narrator to call you a playboy even though you never romanced anyone in the witcher 1?

And they took the feedback on the qte's on board for the Witcher 3, they said in an interview that they scrapped them alltogether.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I don't know, the second soundtrack one was far more memorable to me personally. But tastes differ of course.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
W2 soundtrack sure has a couple of tracks that are very good, but overall it's just bland pompous dullfest.

BTW, Full Combat Rebalance 2 is should be released this week. So if someone is just starting to play the game, might as well wait it.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/255

BANAN said:
One of the most prominent modders of the first Witcher, Andrzej Kwiatkowski (modding scene nickname – Flash), who’s currently working with us as a Gameplay Designer, is finishing his own mod that tweaks the combat and alters some parts of gameplay of The Witcher 2. Here are just a few features that his upcoming mod will include:

- overall purpose of the mod is to increase Geralt’s responsiveness and mobility
- Geralt can parry attacks while he’s walking and running (new animations)
- Geralt reacts faster to keyboard/gamepad buttons
- active block was replaced by active Quen
- during heavy battle Geralt uses pirouettes and focus (new animations)
- difficulty levels were rebalanced
- Geralt does not “bump” away from opponent’s swords when his attacks are parried which allows quick continuation of the attack sequence
- opponents explode when particular attacks are used, e.g. Igni causes opponent explosion, just like in The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition intro
- elixirs have negative influence

Flash said that he will release this awesome mod in the next two weeks. Personally, I can’t wait!

Flash posted today:
Flash said:
Update on mod status.
All the features for the mod are finished. I can release source code and assets but moving the mod from editor to the game requires time consuming trial and error cooking process. I need to optimize installation size, now it weighs 8GB :(

I tested all the features on the arena but I don't have time for a playthrough now.

I'll take a look at this problem with controls.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom