Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 1 Thread

Burning Bridges

Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk
Yes I have german version, play with english language pack though, dunno if this makes a difference.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Don't know if there is a better way in the deutsche EE Version but here is one way to dirty little pics: Open journal, check character list, click the lady in question and there should be a heart somewhere. Click.

Burning Bridges

If you look 6 posts upwards, german retail with english language. Which means the cards are censored, according to your link .. Well, what the heck.

Frau Bishop

Erudite
Really? I assumed my link says the European versions are all uncut regarding sex. That should include the English version or language pack..hehe. But, yea, what the heck, most of them are ugly anyway.

Burning Bridges

I played until chapter II and must say this game is fucking amazing. My only concern now is the game's too easy on normal. Is it a good idea to switch to hard or will it get frustrating later on?

Ok turns out Frau Bishop was right, the hearts now appeared, but for some reason there was none for Triss, so I thought the feature was disabled. My bad.

One more question concerning language packs, I'm thinking about getting some Eastern European language more befitting to the vampire / superstition theme, I know Polish is good, tho Czech sounds cooler in my ear, can anyone recommend me something?

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Frau Bishop said:
Really? I assumed my link says the European versions are all uncut regarding sex. That should include the English version or language pack..hehe. But, yea, what the heck, most of them are ugly anyway.

This. I got the UK version and it works.
But apparently GE has solved his problem, so no problem there. USA version has the sex cards too, just with censored nipples.

DraQ

Arcane
GlobalExplorer said:
I played until chapter II and must say this game is fucking amazing. My only concern now is the game's too easy on normal. Is it a good idea to switch to hard or will it get frustrating later on?
Nah, it's a good idea.

One more question concerning language packs, I'm thinking about getting some Eastern European language more befitting to the vampire / superstition theme, I know Polish is good, tho Czech sounds cooler in my ear, can anyone recommend me something?
I'd go with Polish:

1. It's the original language version.
2. Czech is fucking weird, as any Pole can tell you. ;)

Suchy

Arcane
My only concern now is the game's too easy on normal. Is it a good idea to switch to hard or will it get frustrating later on?
Yeah, change to hard. There will be some tough moments and you'll need to refer to alchemy rather often, so the game will be actually challenging.
My first (and the only so far) playthrough was on hard and it felt just right in terms of difficulty.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but the game is most disscussed by the Dark Bitcher. Polish pricks surrendered to his unquestionable arguments
Na, they just gave up. It's like trying to convert a taliban.

FPP mod, yay! Here comes my second playthrough.

Burning Bridges

Yeah I am playing on hard now. It was a bit boring to play through chapter I again, but I could now plan my character development ahead, and it was definitely not too hard, maybe even still a bit easy.

Still enjoying it immensely. TW is becoming one of my favorite games. The balance between action and exploring seems just perfect for my taste, and there are a lot of great ideas. As to 1st person action rpgs I would say this is in the same league as VtM.

Kz3r0

Arcane
LOL, by number of views this is the most MAJESTIC thread in this section, not that the others are any better.

MCA
What was so "confusing" about the story? I didn't read the books but it was pretty clear. Late game could have been better structured and the end game was pretty derpy for me butI had no problem regarding clarity.

made

Arcane
Idk about confusing, but I thought the game would have been better off without the whole Alvin business, just focusing on the Salamandra and the elf/human conflict.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
What was so "confusing" about the story? I didn't read the books but it was pretty clear. Late game could have been better structured and the end game was pretty derpy for me butI had no problem regarding clarity.
I recall Geralt talking a lot about things and events that hadn't happened yet because I did a lot of stuff out of its intended order. Probably that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom