Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info The Witcher 1.2 patch and demo dates

The Internets

Scholar
Phantasmal said:
According to their forums, on top of the issues already stated here, they're working on improving sword sheating during fights and some inventory stuff as well. Not sure exactly what is meant regarding those but any improvement on the inventory would be nice, hopefully more distinguishable items somehow.

But on a sour note, a restart is going to be required for some of the changes to work properly which is a total bitch. Hopefully that's just for some of the minor things they're working on not including the autosave function.

The first part makes sense when you consider many animation cycles don't blend. For example, you can sheath your sword when running or walking, but not in between those two actions. That makes combat really clunky at times.

I'm sure they'll also improve other blending, like switching between your steel and silver swords which feels positively glacial in a tense battle.

Finally, it does suck to need a restart, but if it means I'll get a enjoy an already great game even more, I'll deal.

A user named cat

I never really noticed that. I think the only real irritation regarding sheathing comes from the torch. It's basically useless in dark areas because Geralt automatically puts it away after looting or after a short brief period of time. You should be able to keep it equipped as long as you like so you don't have to rely on cat potions. Of course that's not an animation problem, but a gameplay thing that should be fixed.

As for restarting, I don't know about doing the swamp area again - sounds like a complete hassle. Didn't really like that part and doing the whole sephirot collecting/placing.

Dabrinko

Educated
One thing I hated with the investigation was that, at least in my run, you could ONLY explose Raymond if you did the autopsy correct. You're supposed to get another option by going to the graveyard and find a body in a crypt, but you can't get in the graveyard without clearing Thaler as a suspect and you can only clear him if you do the autopsy correct.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
Dabrinko said:
you can't get in the graveyard without clearing Thaler as a suspect and you can only clear him if you do the autopsy correct.
Actually, you can clear Thaler before the autopsy. Just believe everything he says you. Vincent also gives you permission to enter the cemetery if you are done with suspecting him.

Dabrinko

Educated
Re-heally?

Well, that's probably me and my "explore every dialogue option"-thing then.

Madman

Novice
Dabrinko said:
One thing I hated with the investigation was that, at least in my run, you could ONLY explose Raymond if you did the autopsy correct. You're supposed to get another option by going to the graveyard and find a body in a crypt, but you can't get in the graveyard without clearing Thaler as a suspect and you can only clear him if you do the autopsy correct.

if you talk to right people and confront what you hear with suspected person, you can clear him also. ex. mysterious man near thaler's house around midnight;)

suleo

Scholar
Dabrinko said:

Actually, in my 2nd run I was able to clear ALL suspects *before* doing either the autopsy OR going to the cemetery. If you explore all dialogue options AND if you make the choice in Ch1 that doesn't get a guy killed at Ch2, you actually have a shot at this.

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
suleo said:
If you explore all dialogue options AND if you make the choice in Ch1 that doesn't get a guy killed at Ch2, you actually have a shot at this.
There is still a way to clear Vincent even if the elves execute the drugdealer. Hint: talk to a generic guard.

Dabrinko

Educated
Sequel.

The end movie (just great btw) hinted at something brewing in possibly Zerrikania.

And, We've only been in Temeria, we have Nilfgard, Zerrikania and the elven and dwarven cities to visit.

Ausir

Arcane
And the rest of the Northern Kingdoms - Redania, Kaedwen, Aedirn, Lyria, Kovir, Creyden etc.

dragonfk

Erudite
Another urban drama: Novigrad!

Human and elven city, all in one. Though there is not much left from elven city, after humans conquered it. :o

Herbert West

Arbiter
Give d0rfs! I want to see Mahakan that'll put to shame what Peter Jackson did with Moria, or at least as good, but alive with dwarves.

Ausir

Arcane
dragonfk said:
Another urban drama: Novigrad!

Human and elven city, all in one. Though there is not much left from elven city, after humans conquered it. :o

And halflings!

dragonfk

Erudite
Herbert West said:
Give d0rfs! I want to see Mahakan that'll put to shame what Peter Jackson did with Moria, or at least as good, but alive with dwarves.

I must dissapoint you, you wont find any Balrogs in those caves, in Mahakam. Though there are some funny cratures which if drunk with vodka are pretty much like Balrogs :lol: . I must admit that it would be nice to see dwarven mines, from CDPR perspective( I've yet to see TW :) ). I only know how they might have looked like from a MUD. And I can assure you that graphicaly it was nothing special :wink: .

Hümmelgümpf

Arbiter
What about the patch, though? Thought it was due before the demo.
Apparently, it was all rumahs and speculashun. However, the devs did mention that the patch is almost done and they're testing the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom