Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

THE VOYAGE SINISTER - Gothic Anime Vampire jRPG (With Original Art and Cute Girls!)

S.torch

Arbiter
The-Voyage-Sinister-COVER.png
HANDLE3.png

TRAGEDY IN THE SNOW! A HUNTER HAS WENT ASTRAY!

After embarking on a journey from his (barely civilised) homeland, the young Demon Hunter, Valdrich Wolfranov, has gone lost in the deeps of the untamed Roswickan Tundra! Where the best that can happen to a man is be eaten alive.
All kind of beasts, critters, foes and even fiends wait for the unwary here!

However, as he wanders aimlessly in the wilderness trying to find his way back to Civilisation, he realises that a
Horror deadlier than Death hides in the Shadows...!

HANDLE7.png

The Voyage Sinister

HANDLE5.png
Kazia-Features.png
HANDLE1.png

Destiny's far, but Death is near!- Roswickan saying.
Roswick it's known for many things, none of them good. This vast realm of the far-north is considered uncivilised by everyone, except themselves. Reason: most of it is a monster-infested wildland.

Our protagonist has three objectives: One, to survive this dangerous wildland. Second, to reach safe haven at the Church of St. Huldra. Third, take rest and continue his journey. Everything is going badly enough with him being lost in God-knows-where, just to turn worse when a dreadful encounter happens in the tundra.

HANDLE2.png

The Voyage Sinister it's a Gothic story with an investigative and mystery element, set in a Victorian-inspired world. While a jRPG at its core, the game is also a mixture of Visual Novel and Adventure Game.

Explore, talk to characters, and interact with the environment to find your way out in this creepy adventure.

Use your cunning and skills as a Demon Hunter to resolve the Mystery and protect the Church of St. Huldra.
HANDLE7.png

The Voyage Sinister

a19M2Y.png
Wpo4nZ.png
HHHNvn.png
TWvvZU.png

S.torch

Arbiter
Well guys, you know the drill. Download the game, play it, tell your opinion!
Maybe I went a bit overboard with this layout, tell me if something more normal would be better.

You can download the game at the beginning and at the end, it's on Itch.io. You just download and extract, nothing else. It's free (with option to donate).
P.D: Oh, and it may have some bugs. Please report those you encounter.

S.torch

Arbiter
Spent a good portion of the day hunting a bug that wouldn't let the player progress the investigation in the church. Fixed it I think.
Remember to report any bugs you find, bros. I'm here to fix them. :M

This is an adventure game? Is there combat?
Kinda. It's a jRPG, with sections that are similar to Adventure games where you have to gather clues, and segments that are similar to a visual novel.
The game is inspired by old japanese games of the PC-98, so it has a bit of everything.
Numberinos and battle captures below.

Looks great, S.torch!

Thanks, Rean :hug:. It's still a work-in-progress, though. So careful.

BTW, if someone already downloaded the game before this update (1.11), and played a little, try downloading and replacing your files. That way you wouldn't lose your progress. Sorry for the chore, but it will be that way until I'm sure there are no game breaking bugs in a soon-to-came stable version.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Hey, is this your game S.torch?

If so, you should get a codex-mandated dev tag so other people can know you belong to a superior class.

S.torch

Arbiter
Hey, is this your game S.torch?

If so, you should get a codex-mandated dev tag so other people can know you belong to a superior class.

I'm the one who does the eventing, overworld design and chase general bugs. Lilian does all the pretty things like drawing, CGs, dialogs, animations, and all that. This game was created from a looooong roleplaying session we had. So I also help editing dialogs or story stuff sometimes. But I prefer to remain anonymous :M(wouldn't mind the devtag for codex credit though.)

S.torch

Arbiter
Habemus Update! :necro:

DEVLOG 2: MY FINAL FORM!

wzj9Y5.png

The new and probably last big update of the game is here! Or at least, the last big update in this entry of the story. Of course, implying that Lilian will survive until further ones, that is. They say bad pennies always turn up, so who knows.

Let's get to the new things:

• Every single Sister inside the Church has received their own original hand-drawn portrait. The Sisters are an important part of the game, so I couldn't go further without giving them their own. Besides, I find all very cute and I enjoyed drawing them.
  • All items received icons and now display more information. New items were added, and others were modified for better balance.
sjWfiy.png

• All encounters were rebalanced to be more challenging while still remaining fair. The same applies to some skills. An example of this is that now Guard ability recovers MP.
  • A more visual investigation. Some people commented to me they felt lost exploring the different areas of the game. So I added cute visual signs to help you go around and get to the points of interest faster.
  • Other small details like new dialogue and findings were added!
Remember that even if this is the Final Version, we're not exempt from Bugs & Other Fiends. Report any Bug so we can get rid of these evil monsters!

Also I remind you that I receive any comments: Good, bad, ill, sane, insane, logical or nonsensical. If you happen to use Discord, here's a server for the game: THE VOYAGE SINISTER Discord Server. You can join and tell me what you feel about it. If you enjoyed it, or if it caused you any pain. Especially the later.

The display of more information for items and shops is thanks to Ace Item Menu & Ace Shop Options, both scripts by Yanfly.

Until next time. - Lilian

DOWNLOAD LINK

As promised, here's the update. More cute girls and some other things. Game download link at the bottom of the devlog or in the first post. I will be on the watch for any reports and that stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom