Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Top Six Reasons F3 is better than F:NV (article)

someone else

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
His tastes are different, he wanted orange.

CreamySpinach

Educated
I think Fallout 3 was almost better than Fallout 1. But it was too short for a game that seemed so long. ( I thought Liberty Prime was only the beginning of an almost final fantasy 10 length game.

Fallout Tactics comes in second for being a rather marvelous take on Fallout. FOT only failed because of GameSpy Arcade not being as good as it is today. For a rushed and unfinished game it is probably the best.

Fallout 1 was the best in its time. Definitely a requirement but what we see in Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3 is undeniably a better path in many ways.

Fallout 2 came too late and wrongfully is thought as better than Tactics. Fallout 2 is good but it doesn't stretch like a sequel should. It felt lke Fallout 1 but with not fully realized additions. (yes I have played Killaps mod too)

New Vegas comes in last for me. It is what Fallout 3 should of been, minus the interesting settings. Reasons six and three illustrate what I mean.

It might be possible to put new Vegas in front of Fallout 3 if they release a true FOT like gameplay DLC. Unquestionably it would have to affect the main game in some ways too.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
SPINACH BRO YOU ARE HURTING MY HEART NOW YOU HAVE TO BE A TROLL

ALEX BRO YOUR SHIT SEEMS RIGHT ON I HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME EITHER BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT EVENTUYALLY

ANYWAYS I THINK LONG TERM THE FUTURE FOR THE TASTES OF MOST CODEX BROS IS IN INDIE SHIT

BROS YOU KNOW HOW DIRTY ASS HIPPUIES WITH STRUNG OUT SKANKS THAT SMEEL LIKE PATCHOUILLE CREAM THEMSELVESA FOR INDIE MOVIES IN TRENDY FAGGY CITTIES WELL WE ARE LIKE THEM WITH MORE OF A BO SMELL THAN PATCHOULLE IF THE GAME MARKET GROWS ENOUGH MORE MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE VOGEL WILL GET THERE SHIT ON WITH THINGS WE LIKE

Jaime Lannister

Arbiter
49.gif

BIG BRO

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I would like Fallout 3 better if the quests didn't all suck. new vegas is just so empty.
I think Fallout 3 was almost better than Fallout 1.
Honestly stop posting here. It's not, and as stupid as this forum is they understand that's not true by miles.

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
BLOBERT said:
SPINACH BRO YOU ARE HURTING MY HEART NOW YOU HAVE TO BE A TROLL

ALEX BRO YOUR SHIT SEEMS RIGHT ON I HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME EITHER BUT LOOKING FORWARD TO IT EVENTUYALLY

ANYWAYS I THINK LONG TERM THE FUTURE FOR THE TASTES OF MOST CODEX BROS IS IN INDIE SHIT

BROS YOU KNOW HOW DIRTY ASS HIPPUIES WITH STRUNG OUT SKANKS THAT SMEEL LIKE PATCHOUILLE CREAM THEMSELVESA FOR INDIE MOVIES IN TRENDY FAGGY CITTIES WELL WE ARE LIKE THEM WITH MORE OF A BO SMELL THAN PATCHOULLE IF THE GAME MARKET GROWS ENOUGH MORE MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE VOGEL WILL GET THERE SHIT ON WITH THINGS WE LIKE
codex_heart_blobert.png

CreamySpinach

Educated
kingcomrade said:
I would like Fallout 3 better if the quests didn't all suck. new vegas is just so empty.
I think Fallout 3 was almost better than Fallout 1.
Honestly stop posting here. It's not, and as stupid as this forum is they understand that's not true by miles.

You are being pretty harsh. I actually would like to see a fallout section on this site. But where were you before now? I think you can be on your way now.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Well, point 5. is valid and points 1. and 2. are matters of preference. Only points 6. and 3. are completely retarded.
I'd have expected worse.

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey, DU... wait... no... you're not DU! :x

BTW. Sorry guys for finding this article... I wanted to find a solution to my problem in F:NV (I couldn't teach Jack recipies).

Achilles

Arcane
BLOBERT said:

Indeed. As years go by and the last of the Great Ones leave to join the others beyond the Rim, the only ones left behind will be the lesser races who grow up being taught to worship the Popamole. It will be up to the indies to carry the torch of incline.

Avonaeon

Arcane
Developer
I think I just died a little from reading that article,, and the comments..

I have no faith left. Why has God forsaken me?!

Cassidy

Arcane
Alex said:
I don't know. I still haven't played New Vegas (saw it at a friend's house but still haven't gotten around getting time to play it), but this article basically complains about everything the Codex (or at least the old Codex, tastes seem to have changed around here) was asking in RPGs. I know it is the Codex way to complain, bitch and (if one is inspired and has nothing better to do in the afternoon) write a long post to explain why the article's writer is wrong, is a dumbfuck and should never write again.

But maybe the real issue here is that most people simply don't care so much about RPGs? Maybe what this writer is saying is: "Ok, Obsidian added all these features that lend themselves to a specific gaming style, but I really don't care about this style. I want the old Fallout 3's style which got me hooked up".

If I understood Obsidian's idea, this New Vegas game is trying to appeal to two different user bases, one being the people who liked Bethesda's Fallout 3 and the other being the people who liked Black Island's Fallout 2.And they actually seem to have succeeded in this endeavor. It seems that this game has sold a lot and, at the same time, seems to have been approved by most of the Codex. But is this really a sustainable situation? I mean, it seems to me that, if you have two different design priorities, then one will inevitably get in the way of the other.

Maybe I am just being stupid, I probably should play the game before commenting about it, but I do think it would be better for us if companies saw CRPGs as a niche genre separated from whatever Oblivion and Fallout 3 were. And I don't really mean to be elitist. It is just that this worked really well for indie PnP RPGs, and for the OSR movement, maybe it could work for us too?

So, what I am trying to say is that, maybe, it is a good thing this article appeared. And maybe it would be good if other articles pointing the differences in playstyle between FO3 and FO:NV appeared too. Because maybe then companies would see they can't simply make a game that muddles the differences between playstyles and cash in. Instead, they would be forced to cater to niches, with games that have a strong design philosophy.

Unfortunately most of the Codex prefers the watered down dialogue with choices in shitty first person shooter/popamole action game tailored for Xbawks model Obsidian has followed so throughly as of late instead of real CRPGs. Ultimately, having the AAA titles completely abandoning any pretense of being CRPGs would be much better than having these shitty "cinematic experiences" marketed as "RPGs", leaving at last a vacuum in the always niche market to be filled by smaller developers and indies.

Of course that does not mean the vocal minority of the mainstream market that actually cares enough to write an opinion in the Internet isn't made exclusively of complete idiots.

In any case:

IF MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO ENJOY REAL CRPGS WEREN'T BUYING OR SHOWING THEMSELVES SATISFIED WITH ONLY SHITTY CONSOLE PORTS DUBBED AS RPGS THINGS WOULD CHANCE FOR BETTER MUCH SOONER

10/10, would rage again.

What's scary, that there is a big chance that author wasn't trolling. For example of Halo gen of consoletards one can only look at Kotaku commenters, which often write even more stupid shit than him.
2uDjUl.jpg

Joghurt

Augur
What the fucking fucked up fucking fuck is this shit?

I'm 60% sure this dude is trolling. If he's not then...oh wow...

Oesophagus

Arcane
Well, point 5. is valid and points 1. and 2. are matters of preference.

Well, I agree, but that doesn't change the fact the guy's an imbred moron consoletard. I can understand "opinions", but goddamn...

deuxhero

Arcane
grotsnik said:
I guess the biggest problem with Fallout New Vegas is the fact that you get to choose your enemies. Which is an interesting concept but goes against the purpose of the game–to shoot things.

More from the Editor laying a smackdown, all from the same post;

Makagulfazel, or whatever your name is – being that you obviously have to hide behind a pseudonym and, hell, you don’t even have the courage of your convictions enough to provide an email address (which I otherwise would happily have replied directly to thus allowing me to take you on personally).

the fact that you had to hide behind a pseudonym and provide no mail address says volumes about you as a (lame) individual.

On the site you’ll find a contact form. Mail me directly via that, my friend, let me take you on personally if you’re man enough (no mail address indicates you’re not, right?).

Makagulfazel – I expect you mail to me direct via the contact form. Let’s deal with this man to man, unless, of course, you wish to hide (as you have done here).

Makagulfazel – look forward to your mail, stop hiding, let’s talk.

Sounds like he really wants that email address.

"Train tickets, bitch!" six comments in...more proof that the site is the twisted shadow-twin of the Codex?

Find one of those "deleted after 48 hours" email adress things, then tell him your comments were for the author of the article, not the sites editor, and the author should stop hiding behind editor guy and respond himself. For best effect, use as many of editor guys own wordings.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Alexandros said:
BLOBERT said:

Indeed. As years go by and the last of the Great Ones leave to join the others beyond the Rim, the only ones left behind will be the lesser races who grow up being taught to worship the Popamole. It will be up to the indies to carry the torch of incline.

The awesome thing is that indie developers have shown they can compete with the big boys in production areas like graphics and sound. I mean, look at Zeno Clash... one of the best looking games to ever come out if you ask me and it was made by three South Americans in a fucking basement. Dead State looks about as good as an isometric RPG ever would need to as well.

Dirk Diggler

Scholar
Why does he comment that Roswell should be in the game because it takes place in Nevada? New Mexico is like three states away...

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
CreamySpinach said:
I think Fallout 3 was almost better than Fallout 1. But it was too short for a game that seemed so long. ( I thought Liberty Prime was only the beginning of an almost final fantasy 10 length game.

Fallout Tactics comes in second for being a rather marvelous take on Fallout. FOT only failed because of GameSpy Arcade not being as good as it is today. For a rushed and unfinished game it is probably the best.

Fallout 1 was the best in its time. Definitely a requirement but what we see in Fallout Tactics and Fallout 3 is undeniably a better path in many ways.

Fallout 2 came too late and wrongfully is thought as better than Tactics. Fallout 2 is good but it doesn't stretch like a sequel should. It felt lke Fallout 1 but with not fully realized additions. (yes I have played Killaps mod too)

New Vegas comes in last for me. It is what Fallout 3 should of been, minus the interesting settings. Reasons six and three illustrate what I mean.

It might be possible to put new Vegas in front of Fallout 3 if they release a true FOT like gameplay DLC. Unquestionably it would have to affect the main game in some ways too.

Hell yeah my negroid, I support this good shit

roll-a-die

Magister
Serious_Business said:
CreamySpinach said:

Hell yeah my negroid, I support this good shit
KUUUUURRRRRUURRRRRRURRRRRURWA

reason 6 and 3 are explained as bethesda sucks cocks.

The reason the brotherhood had a stronger presence in 3 is because bethesda didn't make the fucking religious nutcase assholes like they were supposed to be. The reason the enclave is there is because bethesda Retconned them back into existence, because "herp derp, fallout better wit sam factions even if sam faction is posed to be dead. W' ave no creaturvity to coom uup with own faction so w' retardedly fuck up our predecessors. " The reason bethesda's game seems to be bigger is because this game takes a more focused approach, there's still plenty of fucking quest's you'll never EVER see if you follow the main quest and just blindly do so. There's plenty of routes to quest you'll never discover in one play through. Something bethesda has managed most likely fucking once in any game since Morrowind.

You know what I'm going to put on my point by point had with the beer cans and straws. Let's get this fucking party started.

Reason six has already been covered above.

Reason five,
Bethesda's game was more buggy for me than any Obsidian or Troika game I've EVER PLAYED. You haven't seen bugged until you've seen how shitty fallout 3 is in that department. AI BUGS, PATHFINDING BUGS, VATS BUGS, MOD BUGS BROUGHT ON BY BETHESDA'S STUPIDITY, DIALOGUE BUGS, EQUIPMENT BUGS, PHYSICS BUGS, SCRIPTING BUGS. Now New Vegas corrected some of these, but left most of them there. There's actually less bugs for NV than there were for Fallout 3. BUT Since it was a fucking Obsidian game every retard with a keyboard has to point out the bugs that were there in FO3 like the fucking retards they are.

Reason four,
Oh my fucking GOD, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU FORCE REPLAY VALUE. This guy is fucking retarded. Either something has replay value or it doesn't there are no modifiers to that aspect. You can't force replay value, you have to design it in. KURWA, ok ok, so let's answer this rationally, he complains about there being multiple paths in the game, this is to me a good thing, but he's probably coming from the mindset of a console, I need to be able to play through this and achieve one hundred perceing in a weekend, my gamerscore will suffer should I not get call of world of ammo, duty and dead gears next week mentality. He's a retard, this point is retarded, this is the only rational conclusion.

Reason 3 is addressed above.

Reason 2,
le sighing starts now, huhhhh, this is moronic, he's complaining about a superflous feature, that merely ate up development time on a fucking RETARDED NPC. Now I'm not saying new vegas doesn't have retarded NPC's I'm just saying if you put the 4000 they probably spent on Three Dog's lines and put it into an actual competent writer to write a few quests, then fucking hell, it would have been better. Three Dog was an annoying fuckwit, he complained and complained and more over, HE DOESN'T FIT IN THE FUCKING FALLOUT SETTING.

Reason 1, FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING LITTLE CUNT DANGLING BITCH MONGER, WHAT THE FUCK ARE 13 WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN CARE, THERE'S SPEECH CHECKS, SURE, BUT FUCK, YOU CAN STILL BEAT THE FUCKING GAME WITH SHITTY STATS IN SPEECH, YOU ARE A FUCKING PEDANTIC RETARDED IDIOT WITH NO FUCKING REDEEMING VALUE WHAT SO EVER INSIDE THE GAMING COMMUNITY BEYOND THE INCREDIBLY CLICHE WHAT'S COMPANY IS HOT OR NOT. FUCK YOU YOU LITTLE BITCH BOY.

All of the above was directed at the author of the article and anyone who supports this article out right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom