Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The third testament... KICKS ASS!!! - Let's Play SMT2

Black Cat

Magister
Between tomorrow and the day after i will update. I'm sorry for the delay but a lot of things piled up and my emo dark half took control, so i wasn't in the mood to play anything but, like, a whole lot of Hellsinker. And i totally fail at Hellsinker, so my mood wasn't impressed.

I thank you for your patience.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Hellsinker ? I think Jasede just had an orgasm. Anyway, welcome back to this wonderfully awesome and retarded place called codex. I'm close to finishing replaying SMT1 and SMT2 comes next , so get on with it !

Black Cat

Magister
Hellsinker is pure gnosis in videogame form. And, like, Ghostdog's videogame culture continues to amaze me and stuff. Is there an obscure game you don't know at least by hearsay? :? Next you will tell me you won Gearbolt or something.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Well, even though I know of Hellsinger, it's not really my kind of game (It's been years since I've been burnt by Gradius On my nes) . I just always have an urge to search for obscure games and lost gems. See? now you've made search for this gearbolt thing.

Black Cat

Magister
Chapter the fourth, Miss Faith Goes Hawaiian.

Last time we met was a long time ago, but since the web is not Black Cat and has an amazing memory you can just go back to the third chapter and read it again if you forgot what happened then. Meanwhile, I actually was surprised i had a Dverger on my party and had to go back to the Center Bishop to ask again what i had to do and where i had to go, meh. Before leaving the Center i return to the Virtual Battler to see if i find Steven with more gifts, without luck. Then i go to the bar, and the Temple Knight here has some new dialogue for us.

shinmegamitenseiii011.png

All of the commodities we need to survive are produced there.

Since this is JEWtopia we are talking about dark secrets and evil stuff lurk everywhere, and The Factory is no exeption as we will discover through the game. After that little chat i leave the Center, but my plan is to visit Holytown again before going to The Factory to see if people already came back. As we walk to the corresponding passage a new development surprises us! The screen shakes violently, and then...

shinmegamitenseiii016.png

This happens again as soon as we reach Holytown, and will do so every now and then from now on. We explore around but the place is still deserted. While killing thingies i loot an Athame Knife that Gailah can use and is better than her Queen Butterfly, the weapon she's actually using. An Athame is a small, double edged ceremonial dagger used by those fake witches from that Wicca thingie. While Gerard Gardner said it was the main magical tool of the imaginary secret coven he allegedly was initiated into, the name Athame is actually a corruption of Arthame, the name given in some editions of the Clavicula Salomonis to either the penknife, Artavus in latin, or the ritual dagger. Swords and daggers are usually representative of the patterns corresponding to the element of Air in its aspects of Clarity, Balance, and Cold. It also represents the witch's focused power and will. Among serious witches and sorcerers only those with a love for theatrics and parafernalia actually use the bleeping thingies, the rest just understands the symbol for what it is and moves along with the stuffy stuff, improvise something similar on the spot, or look for an item or artifact having a stronger bond with those meanings and subtexts in her personal worldview. Most people is not serious, though, so they all have, like, collections of double edged daggers and swords they don't really know what the bleep are supossed to mean, translate into, or be used as beyond some passing mention they read in some cheap book or, like, something.

As an amusing anecdote i will tell you most of those ritual implements and proceedings originate from translation errors, or from posterior editions looking to add dramatics and fool's errands to either veil the true proceedings, weed out the undeserving by frustrating them, obscuring the true meanings of the symbol, or add glamour and romance to it all in the eyes of the uninitiated. One of the more funny is related to the already mentioned Artavus, the penknife. Mentions of this item became, after several translations and interpretations, a mention of both a Scimitar and a Scythe, so where the original would read a penknife some later versions would read a scimitar and a scythe.

In some cases even perfectly clear thingies get confusing or totally wrong because of one screwed translation or interpretation. To give an example related to Shin Megami Tensei that i discovered just a short time ago while refreshing my demonology, do you guys remember Datenshi Andras, from the previous game? It is usually mentioned as one of the few demons from the Ars Goetia that will betray the witch if given chance, but this also comes from a mistake made somewhere in the long line of translations and biased interpretations. Originally it said he would, like, kill the master, the servant, and all assistants. And the tarot card closer to him is the Ten of Wands, known also as the Lord of Oppression and showing a figure not only bearing a burdening task but becoming a prisoner of it, ideals and dreams becoming sour or becoming chains. So one, closer at least to truth, interpretation of Andras is not that he will kill the Witch for the lulz if given the chance but that he will, like, free her of that burdening her by means of killing her Master (and thus freeing her of the rule of law and from duty), killing her Servants (and thus freeing her from being responsible both of their care and of their mistakes), and killing her peers (and thus freeing her from social expectations and jugdements). This is, naturally, a way of speaking: Just as what needs to be removed may be people it may, like, be other things. Just don't ask Andras for subtlety when dealing with whatever the problem was. The thing gets much more complex if we go a bit deeper, but this was just a quick explanation for your entertainment. Maybe i'll make that for future Datenshi and Maou so you can later brag of knowing pretty rare thingies on demonology and stuff, nya.

And hey, you just got a free Kuroi Neko teaches darke magicks, nya!, so i hope you are happy. All that obscure stuff and thingies aside, Gailah equips her new weapon and i keep looking around Holytown for demons to recruit, but all i wanted to recruit from there seems to have gone home or something. At least i find two new demons to show you: Machine Iron Maiden and Kijo Hag.

machineironmaiden.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii032.png

kijohag.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii034.png

So we return to the center and this time take the path to The Factory. Along the way we find the usual patrol of Temple Knights and a door with a keypad where we use the code the Bishop gave us. The industrial district of Millenium awaits us, and it isn't pretty at all. This will also introduce use to a new element of this game, so look closely to the next image regardless of how totally not cool the place is.

shinmegamitenseiii040.png

See those two slightly raised square thingies, one at the south and one at the north of the entrance? Those are NPC encounters who aren't in a location deserving its own graphic, so we just walk there and have a chat with them. First to the south...

shinmegamitenseiii041.png

It's where we produce all the commodities that the residents of the city need to survive.

... and then to the north.

shinmegamitenseiii044.png

shinmegamitenseiii045.png

The people of this area are working under the influence of the song being broadcast from there.

If we try to keep going north we find that the gate leading to the mentioned watchtower is closed and locked, and it is not going to open for a while. We go East, to where the church and the main area are located, and along the path we meet three new enemies: Demonoid Slave, Mesian Butcher, and Akuryou Depth. The sprite of the last one is one of those blinking on and off, so i couldn't get a good screenshot.

demonoidslave.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii049.png

mesianbutcher.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii059.png

depth.jpg

Fighting those i get some Headsmashers, a melee weapon for Koneko that's better than the Slicer he was sporting, so we switch weapons. Then we enter the church to save, heal, and replenish MP, then the town thingie.

shinmegamitenseiii060.png

The first place we visit there is the Bar, where we meet more talkative people. First one in line is a male laborer acting so suspiciously i can think of nothing funny to say about it...

shinmegamitenseiii065.png

machine parts. But since demons have been showing up down there, I can't risk continuing. It really sucks not being able to work.

... second in line is a female laborer informing us about the Demi-Nandis...

shinmegamitenseiii068.png

meat and mil in the western farms and ranches in the Area. But recently the Nandis have been getting violent and attacking anyone that comes near.

... third in line a drunk laborer acting like every single laborer i have had the misfortune of meeting actually acted...

shinmegamitenseiii072.png

I'm thuh epith... epit... epitomy of a laborer!

... and finally someone who also thinks a bunch of laborers who aren't, like, uneducated, loud losers totally undeserving of freedom and rights and life and breath that get their sweaty, disguting, bloated selves drunk on cheap wine and say rude things to girls walking by seems not only strange but unnatural.

shinmegamitenseiii074.png

Do they really enjoy working that much...?

We leave and go to the gun shop, where i spend what little Makka i have on an M16 and Nerve Bullets for Koneko, then to the armor shop to upgrade his armor with a Frog Helm, Jamming Armor, and Aero Jets. After playing some Imagine on a friend's house during Halloween i can now truly say, without fear of being mistaken, the Frog Helm is probably just that: A Helm looking like a Frog or something. There are far stranger things passing as armor in Post-Apocaliptic Tokyo. We also sell all our junk while there, and before leaving back to the overworld map we meet more chatty people: Another suspicious laborer, then a Mesian Priest.

shinmegamitenseiii082.png

shinmegamitenseiii083.png

Those who believe will all be saved! Blessed is the man that toils. God extends his hand in salvation to all those that work hard!

We leave the town thingie and go west, to where the ranch and the mine entrance are located. You can see both of them in the next image: Former one to the north, later one just below it. We go to the ranch first to solve the stuff with the Demi-Nandis and are welcomed here by a laborer woman.

shinmegamitenseiii090.png

shinmegamitenseiii091.png

Ah! You'd better not get close, it's dangerous here!

Aaaah! They're back!

deminandi.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii094.png

A demonic cow lookings like the leader thingie of this stampede charges against us. I have both the Messiah, now wielding an assault rifle loaded with nerve bullets, and an axe wielding dwarf maniac with me so in less than two turns we are all having burgers and beef and milshakes and stuff.

shinmegamitenseiii112.png

We really owe you one!

After she thanks us we go back to the world map but before doing anything i return with her so we can get more background on The Factory.

All the food for everyone in Millennium is produced here in the Factory. That's why we have to work so hard... Everyone is relying on us!

By now i am pretty low on both MAG and Macca so after visiting church to recover we Transmit ourselves back to Valhalla and go straight to the slums, where we walk in circles and kill thingies until i'm back feeling comfortable about the status of my account. I return to The Factory and this time i go straight to the mine but before long Dark Elf manages to get killed by a Messian Butcher and i must attend church services to revive and recover. Before going back down i buy an M16 and Nerve Bullets for Galiah, and i also upgrade her armor: Now she's wearing Iron Bunny Ears and a Lion Tang, and it is at times like this i, like, totally hate Japan. We return to the mine and this time manage to do the first two levels without no one messing up. After a while we come back outside in some kind of terrace or, like, thingie.

shinmegamitenseiii133.png

shinmegamitenseiii135.png

We enter the new section of the mines and keep going, finding an Stamina Incense and a bunch of stuff along the way. This second section is populated by new types of demons: Gedou Chris the Car, Jaryuu Worm, and Shiki Workaholic. I also find a Datenshi Gagison i can't recruit because when i went back to the church to revive Dark Elf i recruited a new Jack Frost, sob sob.

shinmegamitenseiii137.png

chrisok.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii139.png

workaholic.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii141.png

As you can see when i told you the game was going to get weird really fast i wasn't joking. Gailah manages to get herself killed during a battle so we go back all the way to the church for revival and recovery, then all the way back to the dungeon. This time we break through into another terrace-like thingie with an entrance leading to a new section of the mines and a path going east. Since we Nekos are curious and, like, stuff we ignore the entrance and go down the path. We find an entrance here but the Temple Knights guarding it do not allow us to enter, meh.

shinmegamitenseiii147.png

shinmegamitenseiii149.png

shinmegamitenseiii150.png

We return and enter the third section of the mines. In this last area there are also Youma Mercurius and Jaki Ogre among the enemies: The former we already met. The later is, like, an ogre, and i don't think he has art so it will have to be enought with his sprite.

shinmegamitenseiii151.png

Exploring the last couple of small levels we also get a Power Incense and find... the ark of covenant!

shinmegamitenseiii155.png

Or, well, one ark of covenant, if that's even possible. These are called Magic Boxes, are everywhere, and have gems in them during certain phases of the moon or, like, something, but they are empty if you open them at the wrong time. I didn't find anything on it, but maybe later i will return for another go. Then, and before entering the last room, i use the Stamina Incense on Koneko and keep the Power one for later. We venture forward, ready to face this chapter's Boss in a mortal duel for the triumph of justice and love and friendship and warm feelings everywhere.

betelgeuse.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii159.png

Meet Datenshi Betelgeuse, nya. What can i say about him, really? Any joke i could make would pale in comparison to the fact The Messiah is fighting bloody Betelgeuse in the mines of JEWtopia. He is the only demon that has two forms, as far as i remember: He has a boss form, this one, and a random encounter form that we will face later and can be recruited, fused, and all those other thingies. I don't really know why he is one among the Datenshi, other than it could be a reference to the original movie script, which was pretty dark and had Betelgeuse true form being that of a demonic winged beast or something. Please share if you know something more about it. Let's fight it, now.

First round is opened by Gailah shooting Betelgeuse with her M16 for two hits, doing 22 and 26 damage. Unicorn bashes for 7 damage, and then Koneko shoots for another two impacts, doing 24 and 20 damage. Dverger uses Hellfan for 27 damage, Betelgeuse attacks him in retaliation for 31 damage, and then it's Dark Elf and Wending turn to cast Jio and Bufu for a meager 7 damage if put together, meh.

Second round is again opened by Gailah, who decides to dispel any doubt we could have about her being one of the five legendary Temple Knights: She shoots Betelgeuse for 4 impacts, doing a total of 88 damage. Then unicorn tries to kick the demon but is dodged, and Betelgeuse answers by dancing to the beat, a pretty weird attack that makes most of my party blissful and thus at risk of losing rounds. Only Koneko remains with a clear head, but while Wendigo and Dark Elf lose their rounds at least Dverger does his Hellfan thingie for 26 damage. Koneko then shoots for two impacts, doing a total of 44 damage.

Third round Gailah casts Media. Then Betelgeuse again dances to the beat, enveloping in happiness both Koneko and those who had freed themselves from the effect between rounds. But not even bliss can stop the feline messiah: Koneko shoots Betelgeuse and sends him back to the Abyss. We get 1920 Macca, 960 MAG, and both Gailah and Koneko get 576Exp. A worker comes out of hiding to thank us. He then goes back to work but we decide to bother him some more just out of spite for his hard work ethic.

Thanks for taking care of Betelgeuse. Now i can finally work at full strength!

:roll:

shinmegamitenseiii227.png

Recently I even dug up the Jupiter Pillar! I'll keep digging, and find all sorts of new things!

The jupiter pillar will become important later on, but for now there is nothing more to do here so we return to the surface, attend church to recover, and then Transmit ourselves back to the Center to report our success to the Bishop. But instead of him we find Daniel is waiting for us at the Control Room.

shinmegamitenseiii233.png

citizens of the city. Thanks a lot, I don't know what we'd do without you!

By the way, there's something I've been meaning to show you for a while. Head to the Arcadia Area.

Arcadia is an experimental area of the city we've been working on to try and create an ideal world for the coming of the Thousand Year Kingdom. It's got special enviromental controls, technology, and... well, you should see for yourself.

Anyhow, Sarab is there. Do you remember him? If you still can't, you should go see him. Maybe he'll jog your memory! You can get to Arcadia from the eastern gate in the Center. The passcode to get in is 9103.

And so ends this update. Next time we meet we will visit Arcadia for the first time and then, if memory does not fail me, the plot will begin to thicken. We will also meet Mekata, the two remaining named characters, and find what was beyond that door we couldn't get past while in The Factory. Stay tuned!

@ lightbane
He's still around as a physical, material being as far as i remember, though don't ask me how he did it. Actually, if we follow the theory that Imagine is set after Shin Megami Tensei II he will still be up and kicking or, like, not kicking much, much later. And given how crazy is Shin Megami Tensei II i'll say the theory about those being the Zone's stalkers is pretty much possible and will become my official one from now on, nya.

spekkio

Arcane
Yay! Finally an update.
Thank you for your tl;dr Black Cat.

I'm finishing my first playthrough of SMT3: Nocturne ATM, great game. Monsters design is top-notch as always, even after transition to 3d.

lightbane

Arcane
At least! An update!! Good and loony art these monsters have (seriously, a daemonic zombie worker? WTF??)

Black Cat

Magister
@ Sovy Kurosei

Shin Megami Tensei takes place in 199x and in 199x+30. Shin Megami Tensei II takes place in 20xx. Imagine alsto takes place in 20xx.

Shin Megami Tensei II is already in deep water with the cronology. At most, SMT2 can begin in 2099 and, as early, SMT1 can begin in 1991 and end in 2021. So in those 78 years the survivors of the apocalipsis have gone from being a rag tag bunch of irradiated scavengers to live in the futuristic, colossal megalopolis that is Tokyo Millenium. And, like, in 20xx Tokyo Millenium has been already functioning for some time. Also, consider the first colosseum champion was Shin Megami Tensei's main character, so let's say Millenium has been a functional supercity from, what? 2050? 2060? At most, and the idea itself is delirious.

In Imagine they have a diferent Megalopolis, by the name of Shinjuku Babel. Some said Shinjuku Babel was suposed to be what The Center was before the construction of Tokyo Millenium, but Shinjuku Babel is in Shinjuku while Tokyo Millenium is said to be in the site of the Cathedral. This city functions thanks to the efforts of a caste known as The Inocents, that are somewhat completely diferent to the Demonoids and yet do the tasks the Demonoids should do. Also, they have three underground cities known as Homes and two aligned cities by the names of Souhonzan, where the Gaia Church is based, and Arcadia, where the Mesian church is based. Those are build in the places the original headquarters where: Souhonzan in Ueno, Arcadia in Shinagawa.

So the time really, like, doesn't work no matter how you see it. Some among the fans say Imagine is suposed to be a sequel to Shin Megami Tensei, kind of an alternate universe to Shin Megami Tensei II. Some other fans, like, say it is really a sequel to Shin Megami Tensei II, since if you can try to squeeze Imagine in those 78 years you can do it the other way around, too.

And there are many other small details, like in Imagine both the Mesians and the Gaians being in fighting form and constantly under attack from each other, etc. I would say the Alternate Universe theory thingie is the one closer to the truth, and Imagine would be a kind of modernized Shin Megami Tensei II. We don't really know for sure yet since only two of Imagine's plot chapters have been released so far.

@ Ghostdog

Imagine is that free, microtransaction and publicity based MMO thingie i told you guys in the previous Let's Play. It has been translated, and in matters of the plot the western version is in the same place as the eastern one, because Cave has been reaaaally slow with the plot updating.

Some friends of mine have been playing for some time, and i know of at least one citizen of Fair Codexia who plays it, or used to. I gave it a couple of test runs with my friends, and have a bunch of low level characters for visiting the friends i made inside and go on runs with them and stuff. It is pretty fun for an MMO, and it is pretty hard if you don't spoil the game for yourself by doing your Acts, the story quests, with uberparties of level 80 characters and stuff and thingies.

Most players really suck, though. My friends and I have been making young males everywhere feel humiliated by a bunch of girls because the main strategy for them seems to be open the door and charge. Then, if they are low or normal level for the dungeon, they die and start making bad jokes. If the are of a way higher level than the dungeon, nothing can touch them and they believe that's playing well and begin throwing cheesy one liners. But most of the time they just die with all their level 40 and moneystore equipment and is up to the two girls, level 10 and 19 with common drops at most, to solo a Silver dungeon without being as much as grazed by the enemy and rescue everyone while telling them how much they suck. Once we just left them there and went shoping in Babel because they were trying to hit on us while we where, like, trying to focus on fighting things that could kill us in one hit to rescue them because they suck.

So Imagine is a pretty cool game as long as you have friends to party with or are lucky with the random people you befriend while playing. Since it is microtransaction based, though, the only way to get the really pretty dresses and weird things is to save a lot of macca to buy it in player-owned bazaars, farm a lot of white plasmas to get a lot of macca and buy it in player-owned bazaars, or fork the real cash to buy AP with which to pay the thingies.

Coolest moment in the game is using Datenshi Decarabia as a mount. The weirdness can't be described in mere words, it has to be seen. I should make a thread or something to see how many citizens of Fair Codexia are playing.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Oh sorry, you're right of course black cat. I was thinking of SMT if...

Black Cat

Magister
Next update will be here tomorrow or, at most, the day after. Sorry for the delay. Things seems to be calming down for me so maybe it'll pick up again in the speed department, though i don't promise anything on that.

dragonfk

Erudite
I just noticed this thread today and I must say that you're doing a great job here Black Cat with this LP. I just read everything in one go. Do continue! :)

Black Cat

Magister
Almost done. Now i only need to resize the screenshots, look for the demon art in my collection, and upload everything up so as of late tomorrow it will be done. I'm sorry about the delay, next time i'll try not to get baited until after finishing the thingie, nya.

Black Cat

Magister
Chapter the fifth, Et In Arcadia Ego.
In which many interesting thingies happen. And some stufft stuff, too. And much Nya is, like, written.

Ohayou, citizens of Fair Codexia, and welcome to another delayed chapter of Let's Play Shin Megami Tensei II, nya! Last time we met Koneko, also known as The Messiah, once more saved Tokyo Milenium from demon-spawned chaos, and stuff. Upon returning to The Center for debriefing he was asked by Daniel, a legendary Temple Knight, to visit the Arcadia district and meet with another one of his old, now forgoten, friends.

To get there The Messiah leaves The Center by the eastern passage. After walking through a small dungeon without anything of interest our heroes go through the local checkpoint of the Temple Knights, use the code Daniel gave them to open the gates, and...

shinmegamitenseiii014.png

... find something unusual, a terminal protecting Arcadia's entrance. Upon indicating his desire to enter the district the terminal explains the procedure to The Messiah:

"Please connect your Arm Terminal to the port in front of you and access the computer for authorization."

So the party does. They are then accepted into Arcadia, a place of green forests and blue rivers and pretty people and stuff and thingies in the otherwise devastated land that was once Tokyo. The first guy they meet there, though, it's kind of a retard, though.

shinmegamitenseiii017.png

shinmegamitenseiii018.png

"It is only fitting that such a strong, beautiful man such as myself be chosen to live in Arcadia! Look! Look at my beautiful body! My rippling muscles, my exquisite face... aah!"

Like, okay. Whatever you say, off we go to explore Arcadia. And it is a pretty small place, which just four houses and stuff. The four are, like, totally identical inside, without even the slightest variation in the floorplan. There we also have the chance to meet with three citizens of this place, and they tell us some random stuffy stuff.

shinmegamitenseiii024.png

"and it's all thanks to Lord Sarab! Lord Sarab is truly our Saviour."

Wouldn't that really be, like, me, nya?

"Lord Sarab is in the mansion at the end of the path that runs through the trees."

This is a pretty important bit of information, since the game is pretty totally not nice here and there isn't really a path running through the trees as much as an area of trees lacking in collision detection. The next citizens put us up to date with the local thingies and, like, stuffies. For some reason it seems they aren't just christi... Messians, but hippies too. Look at their clothes!

shinmegamitenseiii030.png

"This is truly an ideal world!

shinmegamitenseiii038.png

"worrying about any of the tragedies or disasters in the outside world. However, we still cannot escape death. If we can find the secret of immortality, then we will have nothing left to fear."

shinmegamitenseiii044.png

"we can live here happily in complete freedom. However, there are still some people here that crave immortality. Human sure are greedy! They always want something more. Me, I'm pretty happy as I am."

After speaking to anyone willing to speak we return to the initial area and go past the church and towards the trees beyond, and I hope what you'll see next is being kept as evidence for the day the developers of this game find themselves before Saint Peter.

shinmegamitenseiii049.png

shinmegamitenseiii050.png

shinmegamitenseiii051.png

I mean, like, what the bleeping bleep where they thinking? In any case, inside the house in that clearing we finally find Sarab, another one of the characters we got to name. The building itself, meanwhile, is nothing, like, special, being identical to all other Arcadian houses.

gimmel2.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii052.png

"It's been quite a long time, Koneko. It's me, Sarab. Do you remember me?"

Silent protagonist here, nya.

"So, what do you think of the Arcadia Area? While you were gone missing, I was put in charge of this area, and have built it into a microcosm of a future utopian world."

I don't think that wordy word means what you think it means, Sarab. :roll:

"As I'm sure you already know, Millenium is trying to bring the Thousand Year Kingdom into reality. The Arcadia Area here is an experimental test case in an isolated enviroment, to see what kind of world we can create once the Thousand Year Kingdom becomes reality. So far it's been a great success. Here there are no demons and hence no need to fight, and interpersonal conflicts between individuals have been eradicated as well... Everyone lives in peace and harmony. Once the entire world has been made like Arcadia, we really can say that the Thousand Year Kingdom has come!"

I have never figured out if it was me reading too much into thingies or there really was a very subtle foreshadowing of later developments and, like, stuff in this small text, because as long as the players has at least a basic idea of how that Thousand Year Kingdom thingie works some stuff should be obvious.

"Koneko, if you like it here, you can come back whenever you desire. You are always welcome here in the halls of Arcadia.

All right then. Please go back to the Center and tell Daniel that Arcadia has been an overwhelming success."

We go back through the forest, then to the Church we passed before. Here we record the Terminal and then, like, use it to return to The Center with Sarab's report. Once the procedure is finished we step out into the corridor, take a step and...

shinmegamitenseiii077.png

... the thingie hits the fan, and stuff. Man Eaters are totally not nice and pretty hard to kill, so we retreat after a turn or so to save resources. The residual magnetite scaner is now, like, going from yellow to red so demons must everywhere. We decide to go straight to the elevator and, then, to the Command Center to find Daniel, but we actually find him along the way.

shinmegamitenseiii080.png

"I haven't got time to explain, go talk to the Bishop!"

Those indications i follow, going straight to the elevator and then to the command center thingie. The Bishop is waiting for us and quickly puts us up to speed.

"The demons have finally managed to break into the Center! And what's worse, the Anti-Messiah has also shown himself! This false savior is deviously manipulating the innocent populace! If we let him continue, Millenium will surely fall into a state of utter chaos!

We have been receiving reports of the Anti-Messiah's activity from both Holytown and Valhalla, but we don't know exactly where he is at the present time.

For what reason is he claiming to be the Savior? Please, try and find out."

We go back to the main floor, and then to the bar. Along the way we come across Temple Knights doing what, like, Temple Knights do. Once inside we discover even when in a crisis as extreme as being overrun by demons some knights have the time to be drinking and waiting for the Messiah to drop by for a chat and some rumors.

shinmegamitenseiii093.png

shinmegamitenseiii094.png

"And of all the times to appear and start causing trouble, now, when the Center is being overrun with demons!"

The other guy has nothing interesting to say, so we leave and explore a bit around the level to see if anything more changed because of the attack. We found some more Temple Knights screaming around, lots of demons asking to be banished the hard way, and amidst the chaos and stuff an old man that decides that being of use to the Messiah is the better way to get on Saint Peter's good side.

shinmegamitenseiii100.png

All the while we go around exploring and talking we, as i said above, are geting jumped by demons, including many new ones like Youjuu Nue and Youki Hannya. The former one, an old acquaintance from Shin Megami Tensei, is a japanese monster thingie related to some legend about an Emperor or something, totally not my area of expertise, and known to look like a tiger with a monkey's head and a snake in place of tail. He still has no art work of his own in this game.

shinmegamitenseiii101.png

The later one i don't remember who was suposed to be and i am unsure this artwork is for her or for another demon of who she's but a palette swap, nya.

hannya.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii105.png

We leave the center, but before going to Valhalla to look for the Anti-Messiah i decide to get to the Holytown area to record the Terminal and stuff. The Center's overworld, though, is also invaded by demons, and thus the long and boring walk usually hapening between the tower thingie and the district entrances is no longer boring, but full of bleeping demons, and so are the small dungeons linking the districts. While going through the one leading to Holytown we find our first Yama Nightmare, another old, like, friend.

shinmegamitenseiii107.png

And as soon as we hit our destination we get jumped by a new kind of Gaian agent, the Onmyoji, who are practitioners of a pretty weird japanese occult tradition and, as far as i remember, are always part of the Gaian Church in the Shin Megami Tensei games where they appear. Both the practices and the philosophies they are based upon are heavily influenced by Buddhism, Shinto, and Taoism as well as taking several elements of japanese culture that greatly separate it from chinese sorcery and occult traditions, like the use of paper dolls and images as summoning foci and vessels for, like, artificial entities and stuff. It is a pretty cool system, but almost imposible to find a serious, like, student to learn from in the west, and totally imposible to get translated texts about. Also, if i do remember it right Imagine's Ogami, who must be the very best Chaos character in the story of the megami tensei universe and the whole reason i would have my hair bleached white now if my dad were not to exile me to live under, like, a bridge or something if i tried to, is a very powerful Onmyoji... And then she resurrects Commander Gotou and becomes his earthly vessel, raising her level of badass to, like, over nine thousand and she's totally megacool.

onmyojii.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii114.png

And this time, though, we notice people is already coming back to Holytown, and now there are events to find around and talks to be had. To begin with, in the area around the mall thingie that all the districts but Arcadia have we find two guys and a priest wanting to chat with us.

shinmegamitenseiii116.png

"They wanted to build a huge church and get everyone to move here. The area was a colossal failure though.

Eh? Why did it fail? Well, why listen to boring sermons nonstop here in Holytown, when you could live in a place designed to make life fun like Valhalla? People chose the Casino and Colosseum over church services in overwhelming numbers."

And they allowed it while they have shown they have no qualms about executing heretics and apostates on the spot? I smell Jew Conspiracy, nya.

shinmegamitenseiii124.png

"again."

shinmegamitenseiii127.png

"people have moved here and we have been able to create a new town. Now i have people i can spread the Mesian religion to! Thank you so much!"

It's part of the job description, nya. But does this means not everyone in Millenium is really a Mesian, but instead they are just potential ones? The plot, like, thickens! And stuff. Next we go to the Holytown Disco, much more crowded than Valhalla's one for strange it may sound. Most of the people here had nothing useful to add, mostly comenting on how fun it was to dance and, like, how much they like going to the disco. A girl and a guy, though, told us seemingly inocent information that later will become very useful.

shinmegamitenseiii139.png

"Check out my Magic-power 9 dance! I'm gonna be the star attraction at the next rave party! I can't wait until the next full moon!"

shinmegamitenseiii145.png

"the pillars" or some crap. Wonder what the hell he was talking about? He was probably just insane... He said he was a messenger from the planet Jupiter, too!"

He is referring to the same pillars we have been hearing about every now and then, one of which was found in The Factory's mines just before Betelgeuse's attack. And, as we have been just informed, the Messiah will have to get them all before the end of the game. We leave the disco and keep exploring the Holytown mall, coming across some more talkative locals.

shinmegamitenseiii174.png

"Valhalla! I was so relieved!"

shinmegamitenseiii178.png

"I hear you've been really sticking your neck out for the city! I hear you're going to Valhalla to take out that false Messiah!"

The game is, like, totally unsubtly telling us to go to Valhalla and advance the plot, but we'll keep ignoring it for a little while longer. We visit the local Junk Shop, buy some basic thingies, and as we are leaving something unusual happens...

shinmegamitenseiii183.png

"in thanks for your patronage. I hope you come back if you ever need anything else!"

... and then he hands The Mercury Pillar to us. Not visiting this particular Junk Shop can leave you walking in circles for days, as once happened to me because i had forgotten this guy gave it to the party as a gift and i already knew the game well enought as for basic medicines to be totally useless. So, like, remember this guy if you ever play the game. Next in line is the local Bar, and as soon as we enter we see an old friend of our Heroine, who goes all *SQUEEEEE* and, like, mushy-mushy.

shinmegamitenseiii189.png

"I haven't seen you before... or have I? My name is Louis Cypher. Pleased to make your acquaintance... I've heard a lot about you, Koneko. They say you've been quite proactive in working for the city. I came here to Millenium to see what kind of town the Mesians built... But they sure are strict at the checkpoints. I wanted to go into the Center that you live in, but they wouldn't let me past the gate."

This game is actually diferent than the previous one in that if you pick to ally yourself with Chaos at the, like, two thirds mark later Louis himself will join your bloody party for the final dungeon. Pretty cool stuff if you like the character, and you also get to see more of Gomory, who will appear later for a little while, in that path. Back to the Bar, now, we speak with the other characters present, who are, like, totally pedestrian in comparison to Lou-Chan.

shinmegamitenseiii200.png

"How about you? You here looking for fame and fortune too?"

shinmegamitenseiii202.png

"the Underworld... But those Stalker guys won't let anyone use the tunnel in the Great Church, so nobody can get down there to see! Damn!"

He is talking about that passage the Stalkers were blocking earlier, which is one of the entrances to Tokyo's Underworld. Later, once the plot has advanced enought for the Stalkers to leave the passage alone, we will be able to use it to access the second of the three main 'areas' of the game.

shinmegamitenseiii206.png

"all the maggots and the bottom-feeders came swarming into the area. Goddamn selfish bastards, only looking out for number one!"

:? Neko does not really understands what's wrong with this guy, so nya. We leave the mall thingie and go to the previously frozen screen nearby. This time the news we hear are about ourselves and the false Messiah, whose identity i hope by now you already know if only because there is just one named character still to appear.

"There have been a great many reports lately of a hero running throughout Millenium, saving the people and performing valiant deeds. Many suspect that he may be the Messiah. He is currently at Valhalla Colosseum, and hopes to fight Koneko, also rumored to be the Messiah, in order to prove that he is indeed the Savior of prophecy."

We also just discovered that the Messiah and the Anti-Messiah will have to face each other in mortal combat in the Colosseum while retards of all ages watch the battle and cheer their favorite pretender to be the son of God, nya. Only in a japanese game could this happen, and the totally wrong and suspicious smell that has been floating around all the events currently developing in this city gets worse and worse and worsity worse by the minute. We decide it is time to go to Valhalla and put and end to this, but as we return to the mall we are again jumped by Gaian forces.

jiraiyac.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii218.png

Meet the Gaian Jiraiya, who as far as i know is a kind of heroic ninja sorcerer from japanese folklore so i guess those soldiers are named after him or something. In a story called Jiraiya Goketsu Monogatari he falls in love with a beautiful princess who is also a sorceress, and must fight against his old apprentice, who turned into his rival after being twisted and corrupted by the dark magic he tried to learn. We transmit to Valhalla, now. Our target is the Colosseum thingie, but first we go visit Okamoto since he is along the way.

shinmegamitenseiii222.png

"What's this I hear about you stepping into the ring again!? Where did this decision come from all of a sudden... ? You could have let me know..."

Awwww, *pets,pets*. Now we go straight to the arena and are received by the very same Colosseum Worker that welcomed us last time, and i guess he gets paid to be, like, Mister Exposition on the side.

shinmegamitenseiii235.png

"You're gonna fight Koinu here in the ring. You know all about it, right?

No, I don't have the least idea of what's going on. I mean, it's not like someone actually asked me about this before organizing the even or, like, stuff, nya.

"Ok then, I'll fill you in on the details. Rumor has it out one the street that Koinu is the true Messiah that the fatcats in the Center have been talking about all these years. He himself claims to be the Messiah, and to prove it, he says he wants to fight you.

Since both of you are rumored to be the Messiah, to have you duke it out in our ring is a profitable story for us. So we set up a special match for you to decide things once and for all right here!

Got it?"

Yes, and I just want you to know that you are all soooo totally going to hell for that it's not even funny.

"All right then, go on in. Koinu is already inside waiting for you."

So, like, there you have it. The Messiah and the Anti-Chri... like, Anti-Messiah thingie because we don't, like, want to get in trouble with any particular denomination and stuff, are going to solve their diferences once and for all in a very, like, mature and grown up manner, yay. And i guess it's going to be on TV and stuff and thingies, too. Thinking about it i guess the later fate of Valhalla is, like, well deserved, nya.

Then a pretty angry voice welcomes us to the arena, as we enter: "So, you've finally dared show yourself, Koneko! How dare you decieve the people the way you have, extending a false hand of salvation to the people! Just like the prophecy foretold, you are indeed the Anti-Messiah! For the fate of the world, and the fate of humanity..."

And, by the power of the moon, i will punish you!

"... I cannot let you live!"

Close enough, nya. What follows is almost identical to the dungeon match we fought against Red Bear at the begining of the gamey game, and actually uses the very same map thingie so there is no new equipment to loot. The demons, though, are not the uber weak demonoids we got before, but neither is there any new one so, like, meh. As we are closing to the place where the battle will take place people starts shouting and stuff: "Look! That's the impostor! The false savior, the Anti-Messiah!" I hope Koneko is writing the names of those, like, faithless apostates down for later divine retribution, nya. Then we reach the middle ring thingie and meet with the Anti-Messiah himself, Koinu-chan!

antimessiah.jpg

antimessiah2.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii260.png

"when you could have run like a scared dog so easily."

Oh, teh ironya! :roll:

"But it is God's will that you be struck down!"

Then, like, what good would do me to run and stuff and thingies? You should study your, like, theology more, minimessiah-chan.

"Prepare yourself, Anti-Messiah!"

shinmegamitenseiii264.png

The battle is opened by Koinu letting out a shockwave that does 30 damage to Unicorn, 14 damage to Gailah, 26 damage to Dverger, 24 damage to Dark Elf, 17 damage to Koneko, and 29 damage to Wendigo. Then Gailah shots him twice, for a total of 42 damage to him. The attacks also makes him fall asleep. Then Dark Elf attacks the sleeping prince for 14 damage and Koneko shoots him for 18 damage, finishing the battle.

shinmegamitenseiii284.png

"In the name of the Messiah, I shall defeat you!"

So, like, you will defeat me in your name? Have you ever read what the good book has to say about, like, pride and stuff and thingies? :roll:

The second minibattle opens with Gailah shooting Koinu for, like, massive damage. She wounds him four times: First time she does 24 damage, second time she does 22 damage, third time she does 26 damage and puts him to sleep, fourth time she does 2 damage and defeats him. Some antichrist guy this one is. :roll:

shinmegamitenseiii298.png

Since Koinu's starting to notice The Lord is not, like, backing him up a whole lot he turns to the dark side and decides to hit us with plot and thingies, and what follows is the usual stuffy stuff that follows when plot gets involved in a key battle: Evil guy auto-hits Koneko for massive damage, leaving him eighteen pointy points away from death. "You're pretty tough!", he says as the party, struck with the powerful status effect known as cutscene paralysis, watches impotent how he charges up his next attack. Gailah screams for us to look out and jumps between Koneko and Koinu as the later unleashes the legendary scriptblast attack. Cue a white ball of kaboom, as the one seen in the first fourty seconds of, like, this video but much smaller and totally not really animated and stuff and thingies. It's all very fast, around five seconds or so and i couldn't take any good screenshots. Then Gailah is removed from our party before the next, and lasty last, round thingie begins. You all know what that means, right? :cry:

shinmegamitenseiii303.png

"woman as a shield!"

The last combat thingie begins with Koinu raising his sword, some kind of special attack thingie that does 33 damage to Unicorn, sends the already weakened Wendigo back to the COMP, and does 29 damage to Dverger. Unicorn then casts Media to heal the party a little bit, Koneko uses an Orb on himself to recover all his HP thingies, Dark Elf attacks but is dodged, and Dverger uses his Hellfan attack for 27 damage.

The second turn begins with Koinu letting out another shockwave and doing 35 damage to Unicorn, 17 damage to Koneko, 25 damage to Dverger, and 27 damage to Dark Elf. Koneko then shoots Koinu once for 22 damage and Dark Elf attacked him for 5 damage, defeating him.

shinmegamitenseiii344.png

"I'm supposed to be the savior, yet I lose... How can it be ......?"

The game then asks me if i want to finish him off, to what i answer no since by now it is pretty obvious he was being manipulated by someone else. Who, you ask? Wait a little bit more and it will become painfully obvious, nya. Right now, though, is tear jerker time.

shinmegamitenseiii352.png

"It's... too late... for me... so... I want him to live... and... you, too... ...... My purpose is to save... you... ... It was only a short time, but... b-being with you... made me very... hap... ppy..."

And then she dies. :cry: Then Koinu escapes after telling us he will never, like, forget this, and with lots and lots and lots of dots, too. Then we notice many people is starting to get closer and surround us, lead by no other than the Center Bishop himself. I knew i was, like, smelling something totally awful.

shinmegamitenseiii368.png

"Savior for himself, has been defeated! Just as God foretold, the Anti-Messiah had appeared, and was defeated by the hand of the true Messiah! Koneko is the true Messiah! At last, at long last, God has given to us a savior!"

Then they all start going on and on with "Long live Koneko the Savior! and stuff and thingies. When it's all over we are back at the Colosseum's hall, and a child is waiting for us with a message.

shinmegamitenseiii375.png

The note he gives us is signed by no other than Mekata himself, and reads as follows: "I need to tell you the truth about what's going on. Come meet me behind the Gaia Temple on the first floor of the slums and I'll tell you everything." We decide to go there straight away, only stoping to attend church for healing, recovery, and revival. Our party now has Unicorn, Dvergar, and Dark Elf in front, and Jack Frost, Koneko, and Wendigo in the back. Without anything of note interrupting our short journey to the slums we at last meet Mekata, nya. Or, like, we meet him again, since he turns to be that guy with white hair and a nice suit appearing in all our memories of that lab-like place, and stuff.

shinmegamitenseiii400.png

"It's me... but you don't remember me, do you? I've heard quite a lot of rumors about you and your exploits. You are even more powerful than i had thought you would be. Have you regained your memories? No? I thought not. In a way that's a good thing.

No, don't worry, I'll explain everything. About you, who you a are, why your memories are gone... the truth about everything. As difficult as i fear it may be, you need to know, and the time to tell you has come.

... But first, I have a request of you."

Some things never change, nya.

"Do you remember the woman that came from the Center to find you? She has been imprisoned and is being held in the Factory. Would you please free her? Since she left the Center to look for the missing child, she was convicted by the Center of going AWOL.

Please, Koneko, rescue her... break her out. Once you have done so, bring her with you and come to me. I will tell both of you everything... she will need to hear this too.

Security is extremely tight at the Factory, and the holding cells are cut off from most of the rest of the area, so you will need to go through the Underworld to get to where she's being held. Go to the road connecting Valhalla and the Center, and talk to the man guarding the western intersection. He will know to let you by.

Please, you're the only one I can ask this of..."

So ends this update, not so much because i want to stop it there since i was going to do it until the second fight with Koinu but as because, like, japanese doujin action games are really bad for your keyboard's health and one of those plastic thingies that keep the little iron thingie that balances the space thingie and stuff in place just, like, totally broke while i was taking a break and playing stuff so writing those last paragraphs has been a total pain you know where, since now my space thingie only works if i press in the middle, and i usually press it on the sides so, like, epic fail for me.

So next update as soon as i get a new keyboard, i promise! Then we will face Koinu in another Messianic duel, crawl some dungeons, change Daniel's mind about stuff and thingies the Shounen Anime way, rescue Mariah from the Factory's prison camp, and witness the true face of JEWtopia. Stay tuned for it, nya!

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Good... now I may start SMT2. If I ever get to finish SMT1 that is. I always abandon it at the cathedral where I get sick of the huge amount of battles.

lightbane

Arcane
At least, and update! Good work!

PS: Because you will not follow the Chaos path and thus we'll not see Mr Lucifer in action, do you know at least which skills/attributes/whatever it has? Just for curiosity, to know how powerful he's.

Black Cat

Magister
@ Ghostdog

I feel your pain, nya. The Cathedral is truly brutal, and i doubt anyone who hasn't, like, felt it in her own flesh can understand how much epic rage it spawns with all the reflect demons, the mudo spaming demons, the four random encounters every other step... Sobity sob, and stuff. But the concept in itself is amazing, and it is, like, a shame we are never going to see a full reproduction of The Cathedral with free movement and, like, not entirely made of generic tiles and stuff and thingies.

Here! To, like, inspire you to complete it i went to Shinagawa on Imagine and took a bunch of screenshots of The Cathedral. It is a pretty amazing thingie, and the Mesian city is my favorite place to, like, hang around with friends and chat and stuff and thingies in part because the Cathedral in the distance is so cool and uber and nya and stuff.

smtimaginecathedralthin.jpg

And now that, like, i'm looking it from this angle it kind of reminds me of the Megido Ark, so now i'll not be able to sleep until i decide they are the same thingie or, like, totally not the same thingie, nya. :cry:

Edit: It would, like, be supercool if they actually were the same thingie, though. :P

@ lightbane

Oky oky, i'll look around for his sheet and stuff.

@ deuxhero

If you visit Holytown's disco during full moon you get to participate on a dance competition and stuff, but, like, you always lose until you reach the point in the game where you actually need to win to advance. When you do win, though, you get one of the pillar thingies, whose function is already known by then, nya.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
WHat the, i don't know whats this is but I have a sense of dejavu, you get to see the cathedral in imagine? Well anyway don't mind me I'm a bit drunk nowbut I'll probably use some fuma bells or shit and finish that game. Fuma bells rock. yeah. keep it on and stuff.

Black Cat

Magister
poster01.jpg

(Because random Shin Megami Tensei official art can't get more random than this, nya.)

Chapter the sixth, surprise surprise :roll: The Center is evil.

Last time we met The Center was invaded by demons and Gailah died to save The Messiah's life, who defeated the Anti-Messiah and then finally managed to meet with the much mentioned Mekata, a scientist of the center gone rogue who promised to tell him all the truth once he has rescued Mariah, held in a labor camp located somewhere in The Factory after leaving without permision to look for the boy Mekata was said to have abducted before disapearing. As we rejoin The Messiah and his merry band of demons, devils, and fairies they are preparing to use the side entrance into the Underworld Mekata told them about to reach the prison thingie. First, though, they go into the Virtual Battler for another meeting with our heroine's favorite disabled stalker!

shinmegamitenseiii427.png

"I would imagine by this point you might be feeling that the number of demons that you can stock in your memory is a bit low. Therefore, let me give you this upgrade to the demon summoning program. It should allow you to stock up to nine minions. I was able to work out a compression algorithm to reduce the size of minion data within your computer. Using it you can stck more demons in the same amount of space."

Do you really mean i'm, like, turning my demons into RAR files or something? I'm so dead if they ever notice that, nya.

"I'm still tinkering with the algorithm, and I think I can compress the data even more. When I do I'll give you the upgrade, so look forward to it."

Now we can stock nine minions instead of six, which is actually pretty cool and stuff. From there we go straight to the entrance Mekata mentioned, which results to be the very same one we visited once before but were not able to use because of the guy guarding it. As Mekata promised, though, the guy is informed we are coming and does not only let us pass, now, but also gives us some crucial information.

shinmegamitenseiii440.png

"Just so you know, there are three passcode protected doors beyond here. Their passwords are 1213, 1834, and 9192. I don't know which door has which password, but i guarantee that those three are correct."

Between this point and the elevator leading to the small, isolated area of the Underworld we will be using to reach the prison camp some pretty harsh random encounters are to be found, including a couple of totally out of deep ones that by this point you are lucky if you can run away from, nya. During a random encounter including two bunches of Yama Nightmares, one of five and one of six, Wendigo was defeated and went back to the COMP, so i summon Furiae to his place. I don't remember if i posted her sheet before, so i'll do so now.

shinmegamitenseiii454.png

Also, while exploring this small but dangerous area we found a box with a De-Stone on it. This item heals characters and demons that have been turned to stone, and while usually i don't list the loot we find outside of Incenses and, like, really important or cool thingies, but this De-Stone will come in handy very, very soon.

So first we go down a flight of stairs that lead us from the first basement to the second one, and then we take an elevator to the seventh basement. The place is old and, like, totally run down and abandoned, with cracked walls and stuff. Not far from the elevator is a door, protected by no other than the Anti-Messiah himself!

shinmegamitenseiii459.png

"Time to pay you back for what you did to me at the Colosseum!!"

What I did? I'm starting to regret being, like, too nice and civilized to cut his head when i had the chance, nya.

The battle this time begins with him attacking Dverger for 36 damage. Then unicorn bashes into Koinu for 10 damage, Furiae uses her Wing Flap for 7 damage, Dverger the Hellfan for 23 damage, Dark Elf attacks for 16 damage, Jack Frost casts Raku-Kaja to raise the groups defense, and Koneko shoots Koinu for three hits and a total of 51 damage.

Second turn begins with Koinu attacking Dverger for 19 damage this time, thanks to Jack Frost's Raku Kaja. Furiae then casts Dia on the dwarf, Dark Elf attacks for 13 damage, Unicorn does so too for 9 damage, Dverger uses Hellfan for 27 damage, Koneko shoots Koinu but the screenshots all came out badly so how much damage he did will remain a mystery, and Jack Frost casts another Raku Kaja.

Third turn begins with Koinu raising his sword and doing 32 damage to Dverger. Then Furiae casts Dia on him and Koneko shoots at Koinu for three hits and a total of 47 damage. Then Dark Elf attacks for 17 damage, Jack Frost casts more Raku Kaja, Dverger uses Hellfan for 21 damage, and Unicorn's attack is dodged.

Fourth turn begins with Koinu casting Deka-ja to disperse our Kaja. Then Furiae attacks him for 9 damage, Jack Frost keeps casting Raku-Kaja, Koneko uses an Orb to heal Dverger completely since Furiae is a pretty lousy support caster and her Dia was not enought to keep up with both the damage he was suffering and the HP cost of Hellfan, and Unicorn attacks for 9 damage. That ends the battle, nya.

"Dammitall!! You'll pay for this!! I'm still not giving up yet!" says to us Koinu as he runs away, leaving behind the Mars Pillar. We also get 1472 Macca, 184 Mag, 552 Exp.

The area beyond the door he was protecting is small and stuff, with only a magic chest being of mention. We also find a new demon, the Yuuki Ghoulette. As the name should make obvious she is a ghoul girl or, like, some thingie along those lines, nya.

shinmegamitenseiii000.png

From there we can leave to the overworld map of a small section of the Underworld totally isolated from the rest, but my demons are eating through my Magnetite stores like african children left to their own devices in an unguarded McDonalds or stuff. Understanding my magical energy thingie is not enought to force my way through a dungeon i go back the way i came and then to Valhalla's slums to walk in circles and kill thingies until i have around ten thousand units of Magnetite. Given i had only three thousands that chapter of my adventure is as entertaining as it sounds and will be, like, left aside.

Once we have ten thousand units of Magnetite we attend church, save in the local terminal, and return to the Underworld. Leaving the very very small dungeon in which we fought Koinu we catch a first sight of the world beyond Tokyo Millenium.

shinmegamitenseiii001.png

As it is, the Underworld is, like, the wasteland that was once Tokyo, and don't ask me how it works but Tokyo Millenium is not just build on the site of the Cathedral but it is build literally ABOVE the ruins of Tokyo. As far as i can deduce from some dialogues we will get later the Underworld is like a pot shaped crater or something, and Tokyo Millenium is like that thingie you use to cover the pot and stuff. It doesn't make a lot of sense but since this is Shin Megami Tensei it doesn't really need to make a lot of sense, nya. Just say Hai Hai and go with it.

We take a couple of steps and come across a new demon, the Majuu Cu Sith. His name means, literally, Fairy Dog, and it is said to be a green dog as big as a cow or horse that the Fairies used as hunting hounds and to attack those who the fairies disliked and to abduct the families of farmers who weren't respectful and nice to the Aes Sidhe to use as slaves or cattle, and i am totally not joking about that last thingie. While the doggie could move, stalk, and kill in absolute silence it also has a powerful magic bark thingie that when used thrice in a row either paralized its prey, killed it outright, or stole its soul, depending on which telling we are taking our information from. Abbadon ate my screenshot, though, so only art this time.

cusith.jpg

Being a fairy fan i try to set a contract with him, but fail pretty awfully when he takes what little tribute i gave him and runs away with my party chasing behind but totally not being able to catch up with him, nya. We keep traveling through this petite wasteland until we come across a sight so strange it deserves further investigation: A small Shinto shrine stands amidst the ruins! We close to study the thingie, and when prompted we choose to enter.

shinmegamitenseiii013.png

shinmegamitenseiii014.png

shinmegamitenseiii015.png

Inside we found an statue of Kunitsukami Kotoshironushi, whose identity is going to require a pretty long explanation.

The first part refers to which of the two big groups or clans of Kami this guy belongs to. The Kunitsukami, or Kami of the Earth, are one of the two main types of Kami to be found in Shintoism, the other being the Amatsukami, or Kami of the Heaven. The later term refers to both those Kami that reside on Takamanohara, the High Heaven, and those among their descendants that went to reside in the land of Japan after their conquest of it. The former term refers to those Kami that inhabited and ruled the land of Japan before the descent of the Amatsukami, as well as the spirits of powerful rulers and heroes from their age.

The second part, Kotoshironushi, is his own name, though the full one would really be Yahe Kotoshironushi, which means Master of the Eightfold Word, for he was wise and of profound understanding, and his advise was often asked and his words respected and stuff. He is the son of Okuninushi, Lord of the Reed Plains.

When Takemikazuchi, a kami born from the blood that covered the sword with which Izanagi killed Kagutsuchi and who was one of the envoys sent by the Amatsukami to the lands of Japan, came before Okuninushi and demanded he pledged his land and himself to the Amatsukami or, like, some thingie like that, Okuninushi left to his son to decide what answer should be given to him. Kotoshironushi gave his allegiance to the Amatsukami and, with a clap of his hands, made an isle of leaves and stuff to grow out in the sea, where he then left to live.

He is considered the Kami call upon for both oracular knowledge and insight in the often confusing will of the other Kami, and it is said at times it is he who makes known the will of the Kami. As a small footnote i'll add his art comes from the Shin Megami Tensei artbook instead of the one for the sequel.

kotoshironushi.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii016.png

The game then tell us this is really Kotoshironushi petrified and if we want to turn him back to normal. I pick yes and so Koneko looks around his pack for a De-Stone. Finding one he proceeds to free this guy.

shinmegamitenseiii022.png

"petrification! But I'm still having a little trouble moving around... I guess I haven't fully recovered yet."

So, like, thank you for helping me but come back once the plot has decided we need to talk, nya. We leave the shrine and keep going in the direction we are not coming from until we find an entrance into the mountain or cliff or, like, crater wall thingie itself.

shinmegamitenseiii026.png

Inside is a pretty big dungeon, at least for what we have seen so far. We start in a very small and isolated area with nothing more than the entrance and the first door protected by code. We use the 9192 code and the door opens, allowing us access to another area which is also small and almost devoid of exploration but is where we find a repair garage, a gaian temple, and stuff.

In this section we find a lot of really bored angels in random encounters. Since they are bored when we try to talk to one it gives us a chance to pick something we want to do to entertain her, like dancing or singing or kissing or stuff. I always pick dancing or singing because, like, imagining the Messiah and his miniarmy doing MoMusu covers and coreographies, or maybe on of those Idolm@ster thingies, was somewhere between totally crazy and, like, totally amazing. The angels must be alts of those citizens of Fair Codexia in the anti-kawaisa and, like, totally anti-fun party, though, since they always thought it was painful to watch us and tried to kill us and we had to pew pew and smack smack them for being so serious and boring and stuff, meh.

We also meet our first Tenshi Archangel, nya. As i told you previously, the Archangels are the hardest to define of all the angelic orders since the christian hierarchy has two uses, and at times even more, for the word Archangel. The common, and some say outright wrong, use of the term is that of the second order of the third sphere, being the chiefs and leaders of the angels, here used as meaning the third order of the third sphere. At the same time, and like in the Jewish Hierarchy, Archangels are all those angels, now meaning any divine being from the nine orders and the three spheres and stuff and thingies, to whom The Lord saw fit to give an individual identity, character, and will, for all angels but those are nothing but extentions of The Lord's will and mind, like automatons or stuff like that.

This, then, can get pretty confusing because, like, while those of the Order of the Archangels are chiefs to the angels but in turn of lower rank to all other angelic beings, the Archangels as in named angels are all of higher rank than the nine orders of the three spheres put together, and are usually thought to be, like, totally outside the hierarchy and obeying only the commands and will of The Lord itself and its many aspects.

In Hebrew lore, though, it is simpler to understand the place of the Archangels, as in named and unique members of the heavenly host, because they exist outside the hierarchy as their roles and powers and individuality are unique to them. In the Shin Megami Tensei games those are usually named Seraphs or Great Angels.

archangel.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii052.png

Also, Archangels are bloody tough. Several times through the dungeon i had to return to the Garage for healing and revival after a negotiation with a bunch of them went, like, totally south. And they like to ask you questions where both the affirmative and negative answers are wrong depending on, like, their mood or something, and then they either go biblical on your party or leave because you are not worthy of their presence, meh.

Before the next code protected door we also find a Gaian Temple, but we are not welcome in there since as always i, like, ended totally Mesian without even trying, nya.

shinmegamitenseiii059.png

"Then begone!

... or so I'd say, but i will allow you to enter if you give us a sufficient donation."

Notice that Angels and Archangels were being a pain and i had gone Law! I don't want to know how much of a bloody bleeping bother they would be were i, like, Chaos or stuff. The game then asks us if we want to donate one thousand macca to the Gaian cause. I answer that i, like, totally don't want to, and then...

"If you will not donate to our cause, then begone!"

So we leave. The next door opens when we introduce the 1213 code, allowing us access to the main segment of the dungeon. There we have a little choice: We can go straight to the next code protected door, introduce the last code, have a boss fight, and take the elevator to the underground entrance of the prison camp or go down a side path, crawl a big dungeon, loot many incenses, do stuff and thingies, and finally use a side entrance to the prison camp. Since i am a dungeon crawler Neko at heart i pick the side door, nya.

In this area we can also find a Jakyo Manor, so after a bit more pew pew and stuff i can finally fuse Furiae and Wendigo into a Kyoucho Gurulu, who you might remember as being on of the demons in the Cathedral's overworld map in the previous game. This time he is level twenty six and as you will later see he kicks copious amounts of butt.

shinmegamitenseiii081.png

I also fuse Jack Frost and Unicorn into a Majuu Nekomata, who seems to be a pretty good all around demon with Media for AUTO dungeon crawling, Raku-Kaja for boss thingies, and a couple of other thingies for emergencies.

nekomata.jpg

So now my party is Gurulu, Dverger, and Dark Elf in the front row and both Nekomata and Koneko in the back one. Soon afterwards i also manage to recruit one of those very bored angels i mentioned before. First, as always, i pick a friendly stance. The game tells me the angels look pretty bored and asks what i want to do to entertain them. I decide to indulge my inner Idoru and sing to them. Epic Fail.

"That's the best i can expect from a manchild... That won't work against us angels. I shall take your soul!"

The game then channels Captain Obvious' immortal soul and mentions the angels look annoyed, yay. I try to Pacify them and then accept to give her the thingies she asks of me, for a total of one hundred and forty one macca. Then...

"Thank you! I am Tenshi Angel. I pledge my loyalty to you as your guardian from now on."

Let's have a look at her sheet. She has Media, Pen-Patora, and Hanma making her a pretty nice to have around support demon and we put her in the last spot of the back row. She also gives us free passage through all those groups of bored angels and, more importantly, Tenshi Archangels supported by Tenshi Angels. Yay!

shinmegamitenseiii114.png

Pressing forward we find...

shinmegamitenseiii115.png

... a locked gate we can't yet open, so we keep going deeper into the dungeon, looting boxes for extra MAG, Macca, and many incenses, and finally, almost at the end of our little side trip, we come across a small room inhabited by a pretty strange demon.

nadja.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii141.png

Meet Nadja of the Yousei Clan. I don't have the slightest idea of who this girl's suposed to be, so feel free to post any information you may have about her. Naturally we accept her offer of joining us, nya. There's always space for an extra fairy in our Heroine's party.

shinmegamitenseiii152.png

And more so when she is a pretty strong one, second only in this one game to the big name fairies Oberon, Titania, and Cu Chulain. Medirama heals the entire party for a whole lot of damage, Ricarm revives a fallen character or demon, Posum-Di and Parala-Di heal the Poison and Paralisis status ailments. Then she also has Jionga coupled with a nice MAG stat and lot of both HP and MP. Now our front row is made of Gurulu, Dverger, and Nadja.

"Tee-hee, you'll let me become your minion? Thank you!

You want to go to the labor camp, don't you? Well let me give you a juicy tip then!"

She then teleports us to the door before the barred corridor. Before going through, though, i want to finish exploring the dungeon so i go back to the third code protected door 1834, the only remaining code. Beyond we find a small dungeon segment with nothing but an elevator being of note. Protecting this we meet this dungeon's boss, whose name i don't remember since there is no way to fight him, or her, or it once you get Nadja in your party.

bossthingie.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii162.png

"That stupid guard! Don't waste your time with a big lummox like him. This way, this way!"

So we return to the barred corridor. "You can get to the labor camp in he Factory through here." Nadja tells us, and then asks us if we do want to do that right now. We do, so she clears the passage for us. On the oposite end we find a new elevator, which we take to B1. Once here i notice my memory was, like, again playing tricks on me, since this isn't the labor camp beyond the door we found guarded by Temple Knights in a previous update but a small and almost abandoned prison camp in an usually isolated area of The Factory, lower in height than even the lower terrace thingie we previously visited.

We begin searching the cells, but they are all empty. While doing so we come across a pretty strange patrol group, including a new kind of Mesian agent, the Mesian Executioner. It's, like, weird and stuff. And thingies, too. As an important note, when the battle ends Angel, Gurulu, and Dverver have been Closed and they can't use magic at all until the status ailment is healed. Pretty funny, since Angel is the only demon among my current ones, both summoned and in storage, that has the spell needed to heal the Closed status. :lol:

executioner.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii177.png

We pew pew them and keep searching the small prison. When we arrive in front of the last remaining cell Daniel is waiting for us, and he is totally not happy.

shinmegamitenseiii179.png

"Sorry, but I'm not going to let you free Mariah! Mariah left the Center unauthorized, and for this crime was put in jail. I understand her reasons, but she broke the rules, and the rules are absolute. All of the rules the Center made must be followed. Breaking them is a crime. All crimes must be punished. Therefore, Mariah must be punished."

I, like, want to free her even less than you want me to do so, nya.

"If you too want to break the rules by freeing her then i must fight you. I do not want to disobey the orders of the Center!"

So now Daniel and Koneko are going to have a philosophical debate the Shounen way. For those of you blissfully ignorant in the ways of the most retarded target demographic, like, ever, in Shounen when two characters have a philosophical diference they go the Ad Baculum way and begin throwing punches, fireballs, asteroids that were just floating by, and, like, all manner of named attacks and stuff and thingies to each other. Then one of them falls to his knees, obviously weakened and tired and defeated, and dramatically says something like does this power comes from your enlightened convictions? and I saw the truth of your words in the passion filling your eyes! and, like, thingies and stuff and more thingies. Then the main character and the enemy he just defeated get to be best friends, like, ever and go fight against the next philosopher in line until they have befriended all the nice ones and killed all the evil ones, nya. Every now and then they throw in someone who is convinced by the main character in a really dramatic encounter and switch sides just in time to die saving the party or someone who was a real, real jerk so when he sees the truth in the hero's, like, megaphilosophical fireball attack he charges all fury-like against him but in the last moment lowers his guard, dies to the hero's desperate attack, and then he says he deserved no less and now can finally rest in peace, everyone cries, etc. :roll:

And that's exactly what's going to happen there, nya. * facepalm * Only with some cool unforeseen consequences later on, yay.

shinmegamitenseiii188.png

Daniel begins this moral debate by attacking Nekomata for 25 damage and Dverger for 33 damage. Koneko then shoots at him for three hits and a total of 65 damage. Gurulu uses his Claw attack for two hits and a total of 42 damage. Nadja casts Jionga but is dodged. Nekomata casts MeDia to heal the group and then Angel slaps Daniel for 16 damage. Finally Dverger uses Hellfan for 22 damage.

The Messiah's counterargument begins with Gurulu slashing Daniel with its claws for two hits and around 50 damage, then Angel slaps him for 17 damage. Daniel answers to this by using a round thingie kick or something, hiting Gurulu for 12 damage and Koneko for 19. Nekomata casts Raku-Kaja to raise our defense, then Koneko shoots Daniel for two hits and 45 damage. Nadja then casts Medirama and heals all the team to Max, yay! Then Dverger uses the Hellfan thingie to do 21 more damage.

Last round begins with Daniel going poetical justice and using Hellfan on the little guy with the beard and the axe thingie for 40 damage. Gurulu then gets back at him with his claws for two hits and 48 damage, and finally Koneko shoots Daniel for 11 damage and wins the discussion. Pachi, pachi, pachi nano desu!

And here we go... :roll:

shinmegamitenseiii244.png

"I guess that's to be expected, after all you're the Champion of Valhalla."

And the bloody Messiah, nya.

"You certainly seem to be resolute in your decision to free Mariah. I guess I can see where you're coming from. And seeing your resolve in that fight has convinced me, too. All rules must still be followed, but any rules that are wrong must be corrected."

We have created a monster, ladies and gentlemen. This small thingie with Daniel will make lots of ripples later on, up to leading to the most amazing and epic and, like, supermegacool and totally gnostic plot twist and ending ever if we go the Law path. I'm tempted to go down that one just so you can see the pure and, like, sheer awesome that's the Law ending, nya.

"The Center's motives are right, but the way they do things is wrong. I won't follow them when they go too far. As for you, you should free Mariah. But I need to warn you, she's not in her right mind. I think it'll be harder to get her to leave than you might think."

He leaves and we enter the cell, yay. Inside is Mariah, acting all weird and stuff.

shinmegamitenseiii257.png

"Koneko? I don't need anything from you, go away.

Here the game gives us the option to give up or force her to come with us. Seeing Mekata will not colaborate without her being present, freeing her is the next plot event trigger, and we already doomed this world getting here, i choose to force her.

"What are you doing? Stop it! I want to stay here! Stop it!"

Nadja then decides having to rescue the worst dressed warrior nun ever is not painful enough for me and decides to help a bit.

"Is this lady your girlfriend?"

No, of course she is not!

"But you like her, don't you?"

I despise her and every she stands for. She's a testament from a time before the Shin Megami Tensei universe grew out of the young japanese male idiocy and into one of the series with some of the best female characters, like, ever, to the point almost all memorable characters since IF have been girls. And she's, like, the worst of all the characters we got to name. If they, like, wanted twisted romantic tension and stuff they should have gone with making Koinu your bloody romantic interest, and, like, actually having The Messiah and The AntiMessiah being all romantic and lovey dovey and stuff and thingies and fighting together against everyone else would have been a pretty good twist for the neutral path, yay.

"I can tell! ... ... I... ... I guess I can't win your heart after all. ... ... ... All right then, if i give Mariah my power, it'll solve everything! ... ... If I'm part of Mariah, ... then if you love her, you'll love me too! ... ... Ok! That settles it! I'm going to give her my power!"

Wait, what? :shock: So the game is not only forcing one romantic interest down my throat but, like, two, and one is, like, a Loli Fairy? Screw you, Japan. You need help, and fast. And once we get to Mekata and get the full story all this stuff will go so much into squick territory it's not even funny, nya. But, like, in any case Jakyo Manor music comes and Nadja fuses herself with Mariah, who then gets one free point in each stat and comes back to her senses.

shinmegamitenseiii278.png

"Where am I? What am i doing...? I remember them bringing me to the Factory, but after that it's just a big blur... I almost feel as if something else has been controlling me, and I've been asleep... You came to rescue me, didn't you?"

Mister Plot forced me to, nya.

"Thanks, Koneko, I appreciate it! But how did you know where I was?

... What!? You found Mekata!?"

More like he found me, nya.

"Hurry, let's go back and talk to him! He should know everything about what's going on, and have the information I'm looking for too..."

And so Mariah joined the party. She's still level 19 and has the same stats, spells, and now weak equipment she had last time we saw her, other than by the single stat point in each thingie she got from Nadja. Now our party is Gurulu, Dverger, and Angel in the front row and Nekomata, Koneko, and Mariah in the back row. And since Mariah has Patra she can heal the Closed status in our party members, yay.

We start looking for the exit, nya. First thing we come across is a Temple Knight patrol, and we go pew pew on their behinds. Then we come across a patrol of Angels and Neophytes, but since we have our own Angel we are left alone. We also get our own Archangel after some simple negotiation and an offering of several magic stones.

shinmegamitenseiii299.png

neophyte.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii300.png

shinmegamitenseiii312.png

Pretty cool demon for the front row so we switch him with Angel since we have Mariah now for support caster duty. Note, though, that Archangel is level 28 and Koneko is level 27, so i don't really know if he joining me was dependant on a bonus from having high inteligence, a bonus from being Law, or a bonus from the game being buged. And I don't really care as long as he stays with us, nya.

We then leave this small and abandoned prison camp thingie and go for a small walk in a very empty and uninteresting stretch of brown factory overworld map isolated from the rest and lacking in any decor. We enter a mine shaft, kill more thingies, find another elevator, and come back to the B7 dungeon by the way that was before protected by the weird boss thingie Nadja didn't want us to fight with, who is no longer there.

As we are returning to the passage linking Valhalla to The Center we come across a new demon, Youchou Kelaino. This bird girl is also known as Celaeno, one of the three harpy sisters from Greek myth together with Aello and Ocypete. Kelaino, whose name means darkness and stuff like that, was the lover of the west wind, Zephyros, and as far as i remember is a pretty nasty girl who once scared the entire Troyan army and, like, etc.

kelaino.jpg

shinmegamitenseiii317.png

Since i have been playing some Imagine lately all my warning thingies went into we are screwed mode, so i was all kind to her and after a small negotiation she accepted to join The Messiah. A quick visit to her sheet was enough to show my Neko superinstincts were right once again: She has Mudo, the first spell of the Death line, which is one of the only two Save or Die lines in the Megami Tensei universe. The other line is Expel, to which Angel's and Archangel's Hanma spells belong, but while Mudo works in anything that is, like, alive, Hanma most of the time works only in Undead thingies and corrupted thingies and stuff, so a bunch of Angels spaming Hanma to us is, like, totally better than a bunch of Kelainos spaming Mudo at us.

shinmegamitenseiii335.png

A bit further and we are back at the dungeon thingie linking Valhalla with The Center. As we get near the exit leading to Valhalla, where Mekata is waiting for us, we come across Daniel, who is totally not impressed with The Center's actions.

shinmegamitenseiii336.png

"... My findings indicate the operators of the Center made him do it. They've stooped to using any means necessary to bring about the Thousand Year Kingdom, no matter how dirty!"

So you are telling me that, like, The Holy Church got all the worst sinners in the same place and then threw them all, quite literally and Place included, into Hell's maw? Colour me surprised, nya. :roll:

"We can't let the Center get away with this! Somebody... has to do something about them..."

Uh Oh, Ooopsie, etc. He leaves and we go get a peek beyond the gate that once led to Valhalla.

shinmegamitenseiii344.png

So Tokyo Millenium's is now not only a city built in an artificial island that somehow became the ceiling of the pot shaped cave that was once Tokyo but, like, now it also has one of it's four satelite districts being a breach into the eternal void and stuff? This place's geography would give even Cthulhu nightmares, nya.

Also of note is that, if you remember the previous Let's Play, Abaddon was one among the Datenshi, the Fallen Angels, and now he is one among the Maou, the kings and queens of Hell. I'm guessing, like, someone noticed Abaddon should be considered a Maou like other totally high ranked Fallen Angels do since he has always been seen as a, like, totally chaotic and uncontrolable but incredibly powerful all consuming force, and some tellings go so far as to declare him as being not only one of the high Lords of the Abyss, or hell, but also as being the Abyss, as in the place, itself, with all thingies and stuff built inside him and on top of him and pretty weird but cool stuff like that, nya.

As we prepare to leave for The Center, since there is no other place we can go from there, a voice comes out from nowhere and stops us. "Hey, aren't you Koneko?" it asks, and then the one who talked shows itself to be...

shinmegamitenseiii347.png

Superdoggie! *cuddles*

"You wouldn't believe what I've just been through."

Don't worry, Kerbie. You wouldn't believe how much i'm willing to give at least the benefit of doubt, being a witch and all.

"I just barely escaped with my life -- if I had been a fraction of a second slower, I'd have been eaten along with Valhalla by Abbadon. He swallowed up both Madam and her mansion. I am really indebted to her for all that she's done for me, but it all happened so quickly that I didn't have a chance to save her..."

Never liked her anyway so don't worry a whole lot about that stuffy stuff. A shame about her ubercool dress, though.

"... So, do you want me to join up with you? I like strong people like you.

... Madam... She was a though cookie herself..."

A bitch, you mean? Yeah, she sure was.

"Hey, it's OK, right? You won't regret making me your minion!"

Of course i bloody won't, he is a level 43 slaughter machine in a party actually below level 30. He has 477 HP! He has an attack of 122! He can revive fallen characters! He can breat fire and bite people and use his magic voice to cause the Bound status ailment! *Pet,pet* And, like, you can't notice it here but he is totally HUGE. In Imagine there is a Kerberos variety that can be used as mount, is actually one of the bigger mounts, and is actually smaller than the base type. The Kerberos type Bosses and Nightmares are soooooo big you are hiting, like, its toe if you are melee. So kawaii, nya.

We swap him with Dverger and finish this update. Next time we meet I don't remember if we will uncover more of JEWtopia's wickedness along with Dani-Dani, if we will venture into that Underworld thingie for real, or if we will travel to the Abyss for a short visit and some sight seeing. Either way, it will be pretty weird. And crazy. And stuff. And thingies. You already know how it works by now, nya.

See you next time!

@ Ghostdog

Yay, in Imagine you get to see The Cathedral from Arcadia, a city the Mesians built in Shinagawa after the diluge and the huge battle for The Cathedral, more or less in the same spot the great bridge began back in the first Shin Megami Tensei game. That screenshot is actually The Cathedral as seen from the shoreline, nya.

Note that this Arcadia is totally not the same Arcadia from Shin Megami Tensei II. This has spawned some amusing discusions because, like, some say this Arcadia is the same than that Arcadia, then the fans all scream it is not possible because *spoiler, spoiler, spoiler*, then some, like, retard comes along and ask what is that Shin Megami Tensei thingie they are talking about since he thought Persona 3 was the first Megami Tensei game and gets flamed to The Abyss and back, and then back to The Abyss if he doesn't create a new account or something.

There are lots of little stuff like that to be found in Imagine: The leader of the Gaian Church is the same guy from Shin Megami Tensei, the Overseer is actually *spoiler,spoiler*, the lousy bikes are the same bikes the Gaian Executioners rode in Shin Megami Tensei, the Messian Clothes are actually almost identical to the old sprites, and, like, etc, etc, etc, nya. Most of the references are only, like, there to make fans happy since Megami Tensei is a pretty huge thingie in Japanolandia but never really come into play in the gameplay or stuff itself.

lightbane

Arcane
Soo, now the enemies are so crazy as chainsaw-wielding executioners with a smiling mask Watchmen-style?

Still, it cannot be crazier than Earthbound.

In any case:
nya, nya, shonen is pretentious shit!

Berserk would have some words with you (until the loli-party is formed it becomes a shitty manga).
despise her and every she stands for. She's a testament from a time before the Shin Megami Tensei universe grew out of the young japanese male idiocy and into one of the series with some of the best female characters, like, ever, to the point almost all memorable characters since IF have been girls. And she's, like, the worst of all the characters we got to name.

Then you surely hate with all of your soul Sera from Digital Devil Saga series, an annoying bitch that destroyed the world with his whinning, and like 3/4 of the party dies for her fault as well, and her voice-acting is even more annoying. And she's a loli.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom