Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

Codex Year of the Donut
disco communism is just like the souls games with difficulty sliders that journalists get off to but everyone hates
it lets them be part of the zeitgeist without actually being good at the games

I couldn't stick with Seven despite it doing so much right. I think the setting just didn't captivate me in the end. Otherwise, great game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
In this world, a force that cannot be ignored are Thaumaturges – individuals versed in taming spirit-like beings called Salutors, used for manipulation of the temperaments and affinities of other people and even ultimately in combat.

Is this edgy pokemon?

I want edgy pokemon.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
More isometric action-RPG from the Seven guys? I can dig this.

Edit: yes, yes, it's turn-based. I dig this even more.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.ign.com/articles/the-th...-by-frostpunk-and-witcher-1-remake-developers

The Thaumaturge, a New 'Story-Rich' RPG, Announced by Frostpunk and Witcher 1 Remake Developers​

Have demons do your bidding.​

The Thaumaturge, a mystical new story-rich turn-based RPG from 11 bit studios (Frostpunk) and Fool's Theory (The Witcher 1 Remake) set in early-20th-century Warsaw, has been announced for PC. No release window has been given as of yet.

"Thaumaturge" refers to the ancient Greek word for one who performs supernatural events. So, yes, you can expect supernatural stuff to happen in this new isometric RPG. It promises "a unique take on combat, character development features, and investigation mechanics, touching upon the complex theme of inner demons." Watch the announcement trailer above and check out the first screenshots in the gallery below.

“The Thaumaturge revolves around the idea of demons both on physical and metaphorical layers, Fool’s Theory Design Director, Karolina Kuzia-Rokosz. “After all, it’s a game infused with 11 bit studios’ philosophy of meaningful entertainment. Its theme is evoked in different areas of the game with gameplay mechanics or narrative aspects being only a part of those.”

In The Thaumaturge, beings called Salutors exist between the real world and the shadows, and only the Thaumaturges can perceive the Salutors. 11 bit studios and Fool's Theory say "Salutors allow Thaumaturges to manipulate humans, preying on their secrets and insecurities, bending one’s will to their own needs while changing the world surrounding them."

We'll have more on The Thaumaturge after its appearance at the Game Developers Conference next month in San Francisco.

Last edited:
The aesthetics are excellent, but combat looks like a card game, which would suck. Interested at the moment though.
17c08340ba700c332da07931b3e66334f155d409f23af300981b8376e4328761.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just noticed that myself. The curse of cards strikes again... maybe?

Could be icons for skills also, but sure looks suspect.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Just noticed that myself. The curse of cards strikes again... maybe?

Could be icons for skills also, but sure looks suspect.
Yes, was horrified after watching trailer as well. But then, I thought "what if those cards over the enemy head are just the representation of possible TB actions?"

If that is the case, I fully approve it, because I am kind of fed up with standard GUI aka task bar with buttons, some grey out because you can't use them at given coditions, and an end-turn button to the right of the GUI.

In general, I think it is a nice idea to bring some more life into TB games by making camera more dynamic (moving with the action so to speak - you can call it cinematic also, hahaha) and minimizing the micromanaging on the GUI task-bar, by giving you only available options over the enemy in the form of action icons.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Some time ago, I finished this book named "The Alchemist," and it was a story from the alternative reality of Poland (Warsaw) occupied by Russia when magic had just appeared. 19th century politics, rifles, sabers, demons, beings older than time... Is the game related?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom