Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview The Story is important in Dungeon Siege III

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Fuckin' Skyway is a piece of bullshit. Even on topics I agree with him he comes across as a moran.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mistah Sawyer says that Nate Chapman is a good systems designer. Then again, other people say he's a good systems designer and he's worked on nothing but slam dunks and cancelled titles so I dunno if I should take him at his word.

StrangeCase

Educated
Seriously, they really need to not bother. Just fucking make the game like the last two and even the second one sucks because they tried to make a engrossing story and it just fell flat on it's face. They thought people would want to do quests in the stupid elf town.

Instead they should just push the player along the cool Disney haunted house style gameplay were you go along a narrow linear path and go "oow ahhh" at all the cool sites.

I'm telling you they're going to fuck it up trying to add in stupid shit. Just give the player AWSUM spell effects, blood and guts, armor that shows off delicious cleavage, nice sights and sounds and we should be good to go.

No seriously, I mean that. Fuck C&C, fuck divergent story arcs, fuck romance. Just release a normal fucking game without getting into these now tired gimmicks. They're like tits: they start off nice and firm and end up old and saggy. They should be telling us how they have an awesome physics engine that allows for realistic flying of heads and limbs and showing totally awsum crystal caves and snowy forests or some shit.

I agree. This game doesn't need emotional writing, it needs 15+ death animations for every single monster depending on weapon/spell use and angle relative to the player. That's exactly the kind of game I would play after a day full of whining customers at work.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom