Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Modron

Arcane
It seems there's no public preview of Steam Next Fest this time: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest

We have to wait until it starts to see a list of all the participating games.
Steam next fest press page up if you want to get a headstart on some of the demos, I couldn't find a link online so I just had to guess the link: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/nextfest_feb2024_press
They put them up 10 days before each festival.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It's again that time.

Demos that I played or I'm planning to play (if I can be bothered):

Monomyth
Crown Wars: The Black Prince
Vendir: Plague of Lies
Dragonero
Dustgrave
Gobs and Gods
The Dark Tower
Headquarters: World War II
Dough: A Crime Strategy RPG
Orc Warchief
Summa Expeditionis
Underspace

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
It's again that time.

Monomyth
Dragonero
Dustgrave
Gobs and Gods
The Dark Tower
Orc Warchief
Summa Expeditionis
Underspace
Dragonero has the worst UI I've seen since I tried the demo of Vendir: Plague of Lies.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I sadly discovered Sword of Convallaria is a gacha after playing the demo. In hindsight I guess the F2P should have been a dead giveaway. Also, nothing gets me going more than game telling me to tap the screen on PC.

Modron

Arcane
I sadly discovered Sword of Convallaria is a gacha after playing the demo. In hindsight I guess the F2P should have been a dead giveaway. Also, nothing gets me going more than game telling me to tap the screen on PC.
Well that's disappointing screenshots looked like it had potential.

Gerrard

Arcane
Anyone know anything about this? It's another Civ clone I didn't know existed, installing the demo right now.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Anyone know anything about this? It's another Civ clone I didn't know existed, installing the demo right now.

ss_4818c1f9bc15191c02fde3113117dfffc4574890.1920x1080.jpg

Gerrard

Arcane
It uses the same mechanic for improvements as CtP with you generating "improvement points" and buying them without worker spam. Demo is way too short though, only 60 turns.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
It's again that time.

Monomyth
Dragonero
Dustgrave
Gobs and Gods
The Dark Tower
Orc Warchief
Summa Expeditionis
Underspace
Some comments about demos I played.
Monomyth: Felt neat, looking forward to it. Items having low durability might become annoying.
Crown Wars: Medieval X-com, not as engaging as Dungeon of Naheulbeuk. Wait and see 6 months from release.
Vendir: Horrid mobile UI. Best I could say about of this is that game's environments reminded me of hive of PS:T.
Dragonero: Has some nice visuals in form of comics art and some attempt at complex systems, but game still felt like barely functional Darkest Dungeon knockoff. Low expectations.
Dustgrave: Demo froze after character creation.
Gobs and Gods: Parody Battle Brothers with simpler systems. I might go for this if it costs about 5€.
The Dark Tower: Demo froze on 1st enemy turn.
Headquarters: World War II: Tactical game on post-Normandy France. Looks neat for a strategy game, but both scenarios on demo felt heavily scripted which might make this into a puzzle game. Besides I already have The Troop (among others) which fills this niche.
Dough: A Crime Strategy RPG: Prohibition mafioso setting, facebook cowclicker gameplay. Can be recommended for people who draw intense pleasure from watching timers counting down.
Orc Warchief: City builder with orcs. Not my cup of tea.
Summa Expeditionis: 3rd person survival crafting and legionnaire base management. Might be good time waster for me.
Underspace: Freelancer copy with worse controls and worse graphics and 1st person mode which feels pointless. Needs more time in the oven.
Guild Saga: Vanished Worlds: RPG with Final Fantasy Tactics and Divinity: Original Sin inspiration. Easily the best demo of this batch.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom