Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
New flash sales up.
Bully is a surprisingly decent GTA clone, but suffers from its legacy of being a console game in the graphics and control department. Magicka is awesome and everyone should play it at least once. It is - sadly - a buggy mess in multiplayer that'll crash, freeze ans do everything in its power to ruin your fun.

....Come to think of it, I thin kit's abotu time I reinstalled Magicka and threw liberty grenades™ everywhere while listneing to this on repeat.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd have gotten God Mode if it were 75% off or there was a Russian four pack. Other than that I haven't bought a thing. Conquistador and Under the Ocean reserved for the last day.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Still waiting on the Skyrimjob 75% off DLC for Dragonborn. Nothing else on steams I want that I haven't got already.

Turjan

Arcane
Still waiting on the Skyrimjob 75% off DLC for Dragonborn. Nothing else on steams I want that I haven't got already.
Good luck with that. As the Legendary Edition was released just recently, discounts on anything Skyrim related look worse than during the winter sale.

Turjan

Arcane
Good luck with that. As the Legendary Edition was released just recently, discounts on anything Skyrim related look worse than during the winter sale.

the legendary edition was 50% off on the first day
I didn't say there are no discounts, I said the discounts are worse than what we had during winter. Then again, I'm probably spoiled because of that Gamersgate New Year's Bundle.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Yes, once again the discounts have gotten worse relative to the last sale. I had a feeling this card shit would pave the way for that. You give people fake GabeN money and they're willing to buy at lower discounts because they figure 'hey I have this card money.' Granted there are very few games I anticipated buying simply because I've caught up on their catalog and there's a wide gap between now and when a lot of these Kickstarters start to come to fruition. A year from now I'll probably be buying a lot more.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I'd have gotten God Mode if it were 75% off or there was a Russian four pack. Other than that I haven't bought a thing. Conquistador and Under the Ocean reserved for the last day.
Do you know anything about Under the Ocean? I'm interested in it but haven't read a single line about it yet. Video seems pretty cool

I've had my eye on it for a while but don't know too much about it. It's a sequel to the free game Under the Garden: http://www.underthegarden.com/

7hm

Scholar
Anoyne looking at steam sales probably doesn't mind the game being on steam.

They're good devs who made a cool game, and they get more money if you buy direct. That being said, it's like 75 cents or something.

Telengard

Arcane
And minds having a DRM-free installer as a free bonus?
The worshipers of the mighty GabeN will not stand for your heretical talk of a Steam & DRM-free version*. Under the true faith, there is is only GabeN, and the light of GabeN shines only upon games of Steam. All else is heresy. There are no other stores. There are no other methods of playing games. There is only GabeN and the gift of his Steam paradise.

* seriously, they won't

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
And minds having a DRM-free installer as a free bonus?
The worshipers of the mighty GabeN will not stand for your heretical talk of a Steam & DRM-free version*. Under the true faith, there is is only GabeN, and the light of GabeN shines only upon games of Steam. All else is heresy. There are no other stores. There are no other methods of playing games. There is only GabeN and the gift of his Steam paradise.

* seriously, they won't

Multi-Headed Cow brofists this.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
Hey guys, is UnEpic any gud?

There's a demo on the official site: http://www.unepicgame.com/en/downloads.html
It has to be noted that they're going for a comical/wacky approach, but the humour is hit and miss (mostly consisting of just throwing around real-world and pop culture references) - some may find that distracting. Gameplay-wise I think it's a pretty fun RPG/platformer hybrid, but I've only played for a couple of hours, so I don't know how well it holds up later on. Personally, I bought it on GOG a while back and I'm not regretting it thus far.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Re: Under the Ocean -- I will say the devs are very responsive and answered a request by me and a question by Bruticis within like... two hours or so.

Ninjerk

Arcane
Only bought Witcher 2 so far. Finally hardcore playing the Witcher before fall semester starts so I figured what the hell (since I bought the damn game I don't know how many years ago on sale).

Multi-headed Cow

Day 2 is ending and my total Steam sale haul is still just Euro Truck Sim 2 for $3.50. Blugh.

That said, I'm strongly considering Under the Ocean, slightly considering Surgeon Sim, and if Towns wins this vote I'll consider that too. Plus Expeditions Conquistador is a definite buy at the end if it doesn't hit a daily or flash, SS2 too. And then I'll probably do something with Pinball FX2 though I haven't decided how much of a something yet. And of course Din's Curse, which I glare at every single day.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hmph. Probably Divinity Anthology and the Two Worlds games. Divinity Anthology I can understand, I don't know why I'm going to buy Two Worlds 1&2 I just know that I will.

Hey, that 80% discount wasn't there on the first day! Where'd that come from

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom