Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Latelistener

Arcane
Is White Gold comparable to Far Cry?
It's probably like comparing an old rusty truck to a shiny sport car.

I noticed that a lot of CIS games were panned by western critics. Some of them deserve it, some of them do not, but Deep Shadows games were controversial even in CIS. Good ideas buried under a terrible implementation.

Drew

Savant
p89fOpz.png

I sure like the look of that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Roguelike that the Ultima Codex has been posting about for a while released on Steam:

Explore five different worlds, fight their monstrous inhabitants and try to survive and find an ancient artifact to save the world from destruction.
For every game session, the game will create new environments full of challenges and surprises, populated with monsters and ancient magical artifacts.

There are eight different player classes, each one designed with a unique playing style. Some of them are combat-focused, others have access to magic spells in 4 different schools of magic while others must rely on their special martial skills to survive.

As you advance through the game, you will find over 40 different types of monsters with distinct skills and abilities, you will be able to charm them using magic spells and make them join your quest. By using some of the ancient magic found in the dungeon, you can unlock more advanced forms of their powers and skills.

The game keeps track of your adventures on its online server, sharing the in-game events with your friends in real time, maintaining a leaderboard of the most successful heroes as well as a graveyard of memorable characters which you can share in social media.

Ananias is a classic turn-based "roguelike" adapted for modern media, it removes the cumbersome movement and complex commands while keeping all the features from the genre that make the games fun and enjoyable: turn-based combat, random level generation, and long term item strategy. These are among the things that make every adventure into the game unforgettable.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wake me up when they re-release Turok2: Seed of Evil with patch that remove fog and respawning enemies

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
First time in 25 years I've ever heard anyone refer to the first Journeyman Project game by anything else than just "1" at the end.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Yet another Interplay re-release coming out of GOG exclusive:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom