Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Latelistener

Arcane
Is Arcanum DRM-free on Steam too? I mean, could it be launched without using Steam, like Underrail for example?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is Arcanum DRM-free on Steam too? I mean, could it be launched without using Steam, like Underrail for example?

I would say probably yes, but somebody will have to check to be sure. You can buy the game, try it and then refund it if you're really curious.

Latelistener

Arcane
Yep, DRM-free. Version 1.0.7.4, judging by the .exe file.

But if Activision can bring these titles on Steam, why, for example, Hasbro hasn't done the same with the NWN series and the other D&D games they have on GOG?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yep, DRM-free. Version 1.0.7.4, judging by the .exe file.

But if Activision can bring these titles on Steam, why, for example, Hasbro hasn't done the same with the NWN series and the other D&D games they have on GOG?

It's all pretty arbitrary AFAIK. Why is the Might & Magic series on GOG but not on Steam? For some games it's possible that GOG have an exclusivity deal, but I doubt that would last forever.

m_s0

Arcane

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Is that why the average is so high here? I've rarely seen the average this high.

Doubt I'll buy it at that price just to own it on Steam. I already have most of those on GoG.

pippin

Yes. The biggest one this time is $20, for the new Kings Quest which includes all chapters. Generally it's just $15 for everything, but this is Activision.

tormund

Arcane
Humble Bundle was good once, until they started putting fixed prices to increase "average" prices.

:keepmyjewgold:
I gave up on them since they started asking for SMS confirmation for each fucking purchase (with their SMSs never actually arriving). I found out that some other people from my particular corner of the world encountered the same crap (with messages never even arriving no matter what), so I guess that my money is deemed unworthy.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
I gave up on them since they started asking for SMS confirmation for each fucking purchase (with their SMSs never actually arriving). I found out that some other people from my particular corner of the world encountered the same crap (with messages never even arriving no matter what), so I guess that my money is deemed unworthy.

Are you sure it's not your bank who's sending you those SMS?

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
People usually pay $15-20 to get everything, thus increasing the average price. Pay what you want they say. :lol:

Does the average not shift when you pay under the BTA price? You'd think there would be tons of people buying $1 bundles to go resell on G2A.

tormund

Arcane
Google Humble Bundle SMS verification.

It is something that is apparently likely to happen to people from certain countries that are deemed "unsafe" (mine being one of them), and I was among those that had the bad luck of that additional security being pushed on them.
And yeah, I was always going trough paypal too.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Does the average not shift when you pay under the BTA price? You'd think there would be tons of people buying $1 bundles to go resell on G2A.
It does, but strangely enough, the introduction of the $1 tier did not affect prices much. However, when there is a higher tier, the average usually goes up above 10$,

pippin

$1 is only mandatory when you only offer keys. DRM free games have the pay what you want thing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom