Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

DramaticPopcorn

Elite Dangerous: Arena can currently be added to your Steam library for free:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/443080/announcements/detail/804273587548973455
Reading the reviews for this and it's COMEDY GOLD:
7W8y6jX.png

And Positive tab is full of apologists eye-rolling at people who FOR SOME REASON didn't buy the full game and complain about retarded dev approach for this FREE release.

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
LundB invests in Steam XP: http://www.gamezone.com/news/steam-user-spends-13-000-to-get-to-steam-s-highest-level-3441332

According to someone close to LundB, who goes by sngisback, this is how he did it:

• he bought Summer sale (mysterious) cards every day from the 1st day of release on Steam community market for $2000 daily limit
  • he prepared [approximately] 7000 trading card complete sets from different games to get bonus Summer sale cards after craft them
  • he ask for me with help him to get the maximum of Summer sale cards and i got few thousands from trades with many steam community users
Basically, LundB wanted to be the top dog on Steam and $13,000 got him there. It's a shame to see that he didn't buy games with that money...

Turjan

Arcane
Yup. LundB doesn't care for stuff like that.

Then again, raw should know that.

Last edited:

pippin

Warning: that version of Spellforce 2 might still lack some expansions, which you would have to buy separatedly.
Also the Aquanox games are broken iirc. The rest work fine it seems.

pippin

That discount is almost permanent though and the Steam versions still have that weird Topware DRM. GOG versions are completely DRM free but don't go on sale as often.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Two Worlds series got a big Steam discount, -90% fpr the whole collection. Worth it at this price, ask commie

They are enjoyable enough, scratch the open world itch if need be. The second will be getting a remake(enhancement) later in the year I think as a prelude to another expansion and Two Worlds 3 so hopefully the shitty parts will be polished out. Reality Pump have spent too long being distracted by trying to make Raven's Turd playable when the original makers were dumped and Topware made them try to salvage something. I always though they could have the potential to be a kind of Polish Piranha Bites if they could focus on the series more than they have been able to(like CDPR they also did the one step forward, two steps back thing in many ways from TW1 to TW2 just as CDPR did with Witcher 1 and 2).

pippin

That discount is almost permanent though and the Steam versions still have that weird Topware DRM. GOG versions are completely DRM free but don't go on sale as often.
Doesn't really matter, since I think you could just use GOG connect to get the GOG version after getting it from steam.

GOG Connect lasted for like two weeks and it's not active now. I don't really think it's going to come back and it should be considered as dead as the movie section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Doesn't really matter, since I think you could just use GOG connect to get the GOG version after getting it from steam.

GOG Connect lasted for like two weeks and it's not active now. I don't really think it's going to come back and it should be considered as dead as the movie section.
Ah, thought it'd be a permanent feature, like the reclaim option.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Goddamnit. That'll teach me to not wait. The Two Worlds part by itself is cheaper than on Steam.

sser

Arcane
Developer
It's hard to think of a reason to buy Two Worlds in the first place.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom