Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Mozg

Arcane
I didn't have a lot of fun on the first 5-6 hours, on the way to that big city. Maybe it was because I decided to take a detour from following the main story and the game didn't like it.

It really doesn't. The game's open world and minor sidequest shit is garbage (some people disagree with me on this). Sidequests for the "romances" are also almost all total fetch garbage. Anyone playing it should beeline main quest shit before they overlevel and put a clamp on their sense of completionism - you aren't missing anything. Main quests will take you to almost all locations, so you'll just be backtracking if you explore the landmass beforehand.

sser

Arcane
Developer
80% off Stronghold: Crusader 2. Pretty big discount although reviews are all over the place.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Blackwell Epiphany has had its base price reduced, first time it's been so cheap.

pippin

At this point it should be included in a bundle with the previous 4 games. It doesn't make sense to sell them on their own,especially considering each game is like 3 hours long (Epiphany is 5 hours long iirc).

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Hmm, maybe I'll finally pick up Sins: Rebellion.

Not that I think I have the time for a game like that anymore.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Besides Marauder and Elminage (which got bigger discounts anyway) there is not much to get.
Aquanox 1&2 does not count.

Mozg

Arcane
Anyone want to vouch for Gungeon? The weapons seem kinda boring.

Edit - Man it's hard. 2/3 first floor bosses are about as hard as Hush from BoI using a basic character with decent tears and damage, and take almost as long with the default guns (although the second floor bosses aren't noticeably harder and you have a better chance to have a high power gun by that point, so maybe it flattens out). This may be a Spelunky situation for me where I admit defeat unless the unlockable shit gives some hardcore powerups.

Makes me appreciate how much BoI manages to make rooms and bosses that seem hard at first but that rapidly become manageable once you figure out a basic tactic (and nothing takes 2-3 minutes to fight aside from Hush).

Last edited:

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
wtf is with Steam pimping this VR shit harder than Melcar pimping his aunt?

Now it's 100% indie shitgames, Early Access shitgames and VR shitgames. Where are the actual normal games these days? What happened Gaben, you used to be cool.

Mozg

Arcane
VR shit is about tech people imagining getting in on the ground floor of the next new media, which is a 100x initial capital sycophants-write-books-about-how-great-I-am Steve Jobs kinda opportunity.

Harpsichord

Arcane
This may be a Spelunky situation for me where I admit defeat unless the unlockable shit gives some hardcore powerups.
You've retrieved the Orb of Zot but you haven't beaten Spelunky? It only requires a tiny bit of item luck once you know the game, cape lets you practically skip the caves...

Baron Dupek

Arcane
They failed with SteamOS, Steam Controler and Steam something else now they want revenge. Plus - paid mods via DOTA.

Mozg

Arcane
You've retrieved the Orb of Zot but you haven't beaten Spelunky? It only requires a tiny bit of item luck once you know the game, cape lets you practically skip the caves...

Don't taunt me, I put in a fair chunk of time and still died in the caves to things I'd handled a dozen times before distressingly often. I am platformer impaired to the point that a rogue style game with lots of instant deaths for platforming fuckups is not worth grinding out a couple dozen playthroughs to randomly get a win on the one that I happen to not mess up something easy.

On that note Gungeon softens up enormously once you've added some shit to the item pool and recognize some simple concepts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Isn't it basically a PvE version of Legendary Heroes/Fallen Enchantress/Whatever?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom