Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

pippin

Well I think one of them gives you the movie characters, but I don't know about the others

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The first DLC gives you two short scenarios from the Alien film, which is alright since it has voice acting from the original cast. The rest of the DLC all involve Survivor mode and have no story or character development.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I haven't played the original Homeworlds, is the remaster any good? It's currently 50% off at steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160?snr=1_41_4__42

Long story short, the Homeworld remastered is basically a Homeworld 1 mod for Homeworld 2 remastered, in many places using HW2 mechanics. This is most visible by the fact that in Homeworld you had ballistic simulation for projectile hits and in Homeworld 2 it was all dice rolls. HW remastered has dice rolls instead of simulation. Plus some other HW2 mechanics, such as captured enemy carriers being unable to build anything, got applied to HW remastered.

HW2 remastered does not have any such issues for obvious reasons. Also it looks pretty.

Also Gearbox Shi(f)t never connects for me, so I was never able to play multiplayer.

Way of the Samurai 4 showed up out of fucking nowhere, 40% discount for the next 12 hours until release.

tumblr_ltdkrzDj0k1qhap1n.png

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Any good?
Halfway? Not really. There's not much in the way of strategy. A pity really since I liked the concept

I haven't played the original Homeworlds, is the remaster any good? It's currently 50% off at steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/244160?snr=1_41_4__42

They pretty much ruined all the beautiful things about HW1 by porting it to the vastly inferior HW2 engine. Graphics are nice, but the mechanics did not survive the transition very well.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Did anyone here successfully play the Steam version of Dark Corners of the Earth on Win7 x64? It doesn't play nice with the unofficial patch as far as I can tell, encrypted .exe and all.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Did anyone here successfully play the Steam version of Dark Corners of the Earth on Win7 x64? It doesn't play nice with the unofficial patch as far as I can tell, encrypted .exe and all.
It worked when I used it. When I didn't the game just kept deleting my saves.

Thane Solus

Arcane
-10% on Centauri Sector: http://store.steampowered.com/app/355810/ (marketing plant)

Also check out these helpful reviews:

"Fuck you, godamn iphone developer" - Metro (i dont own a ios phone)

"11/10" - anus pounder

"i died, this game sucks" - pretentious hipster

"its like skyrim, but with spaaaaaaaaaaaace" gamespotz

Last edited:

Thane Solus

Arcane
See you in the $1 tier of the next Groupies bundle.

:))))

not gona happen. But it was when the game was in alpha 1, as debut thingy. Not a very good idea, but back then it was in greenlight.

So when you gona buy me an iphone Metro? After you finish Fallout 4, 7 times?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
<Lurk mode off>
<Advertising plant mode on>

King of Dragon Pass now on Steam - http://store.steampowered.com/app/352220/ - buy it, you want it

<Lurk mode on>

It's a port of the iOS version, not the old version available on GOG: http://kingofdragonpass.blogspot.com/2015/07/new-in-steam.html

New in Steam

King of Dragon Pass will be coming to Steam on 28 July. But the game has been available for mobile (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone), as well as the original version (either on CD or as patched to be downloadable by GOG.com). So what exactly is coming to Steam?

The version on Steam is essentially the mobile version, but tuned for desktop and laptop screen sizes (I ran it on a 30 inch iMac, but it should run on a 1024 x 576 netbook). HeroCraft has been responsible for the Steam versions, since I’ve been busy with Six Ages, so I am not completely sure of the specifics. But I believe the Steam achievements are the same as those we added in 2.0. There are also Steam Cards (which may have some new art).

So if you played on Windows or Mac before, you’d be moving from 1.7 to 2.2. There are 48 new scenes and 4 new illustrations (plus a new Lore map). There are also new advisors, and a lot more advice in management screens. There are also more treasures. We made many bug fixes (such as unblocking two of the original scenes), and fixed typos. You no longer have to worry about sheep. The economics system should no longer be quite as harsh, with death spirals less likely. (Rest assured that the game is still difficult, especially on the Hard setting.)

The Tula screen was too difficult to rework, but it wasn’t part of game play. And HeroCraft originally started their porting before our scene contest, so those scenes are currently only in the iOS version.

We like to avoid spoilers, so it’s hard to talk about just what the four dozen new scenes are about. We did mention the Troll Herobefore, however. And here’s the artwork for one of them.

So if you have played King of Dragon Pass on a laptop or desktop, but not a mobile device, there’s a lot of new stuff. And if you haven ’t played at all, now’s your chance!

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom