Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Ilya

Literate
Poor as fuck so didn't really bought anything, but I got Bad Rats as a gift... :happytrollboy:

DramaticPopcorn

ldmtZCR.png

>is dirt poor
>buys indies
:negative:

Bought Fallen Enchantress : Legendary Heroes for $1 in some bargain bin at local retail. lelk

Severian Silk

Only got MGS:5 Ground Zeroes and Defcon.
I got Ground Zeroes too. Do all the "secondary operations" (or whatever) occur on the same map? If so I am kind of disappointed. I was expecting more areas to explore. :(

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Quite happy with the sale. Bought Risen 3, Prison Architect, Rayman Origins and Anno 1404 Gold for 20 buck altogether. I would've bought more but I honestly don't know what by this point.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Does Anno still have that garish DRM? Keep hearing mixed things on that.

His Majesty

Augur
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does Anno still have that garish DRM? Keep hearing mixed things on that.
Only Anno 2070, get 1404.

Fruitful sale, got myself Anachronox, Arx Fatalis, Blackguards 1&2 (bundle), Risen 3, System Shock 2, The Longest Journey, The Talos Principle and Valkyria Chronicles.

Amn Nom

Learned
Bought Grimrock 2 and Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. Eyeing Valdis Story and Ori and the Blind Forest because you can never have enough action platformers. Anyone played either of them?

DaveO

Erudite
I got the X-Com and Tomb Raider bundles so far. A bit over $20 spent for both bundles, but I've yet to see much else to pique my interest.

Pretty shit sale tbh, got Tin Star at -90% and Distant Worlds at -50%. Pirated DW for quite some time prior to that, mostly because original price tag was ridiculous. I'm still butthurt about DW's autistic marketing team though (i'm not even sure they have one to be honest), selling a niche strategy game at a GTA5 price is just dumb.
:rpgcodex:

sser

Arcane
Developer
So far all I've gotten is Hunie Pop. I've been staring at Alien for quite some time. I know some here speak highly of it but I can't shake those previews I saw of the monster stomping around like a dude in a suit.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Good sale. I have bought the following games on it:

Antichamber
Caster
Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Crusader Kings II: Iberian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Iberian Portraits
Day of Defeat: Source
Dead Space 2
Despair
Empire: Total War
Empire: Total War: Elite Units of the East
Imperial Glory
Revolution Ace
Robotex
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Ashes of Urh'Rok
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Steam UI
Temper Tantrum
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Elite Soldier Pack
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC
XCOM: Enemy Within
Why So Evil

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So far all I've gotten is Hunie Pop. I've been staring at Alien for quite some time. I know some here speak highly of it but I can't shake those previews I saw of the monster stomping around like a dude in a suit.
So the game visuals are accurate to the movie and still you complain.

sser

Arcane
Developer
So the game visuals are accurate to the movie and still you complain.

I don't recall the alien stomping around like a 1950s monster romp. That's what one of the previews showed. If they've changed it they've changed it, but what is interesting about the alien is that it was frequently out of view, a part of the machinery, looking all too comfortable in the guts of a ship. If I wanted a horror game where the big bad lurches about like a pinata bounced around on strings then there's Amnesia on hand, no?

Martius

Liturgist
Bought Grimrock 2 and Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. Eyeing Valdis Story and Ori and the Blind Forest because you can never have enough action platformers. Anyone played either of them?
Valdis Story is more of metroidvania with a bit of rpg elements and pretty decent combat. Its pretty good, just expect more focus and exploration than difficulty platforming.

ZoddGuts

Augur
Freedom Planet is another good platformer in the vain of the Sonic Genesis games with some Treasure like bosses as well, heck it shits over on Sonic 4, only flaw is the furry designs in the game. Most fun you'll have playing a platformer on PC while cringing hard at the designs.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Eyeing Valdis Story [..] because you can never have enough action platformers. Anyone played either of them?
That one is good, at least combat-wise. I like it a lot better than the projectile spam of Dust: Elysian Tale. It expanded to 4 characters now but the levels are almost the same. It's not combo-heavy or item-heavy either but the bosses are nice.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Good sale. I have bought the following games on it:

Antichamber
Caster
Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
Crusader Kings II: Iberian Unit Pack
Crusader Kings II: Iberian Portraits
Day of Defeat: Source
Dead Space 2
Despair
Empire: Total War
Empire: Total War: Elite Units of the East
Imperial Glory
Revolution Ace
Robotex
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Ashes of Urh'Rok
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Steam UI
Temper Tantrum
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Elite Soldier Pack
XCOM: Enemy Unknown: Slingshot DLC
XCOM: Enemy Within
Why So Evil
I'm impressed that's almost a fourth of what you beg. Anyway, not a good sale, most of that shit is bundle fodder/over five years old and you just managed to scrape up enough third worldian coins to buy them now.

SirSingAlot

Arbiter
just out of curiosity, as everyone and his mother is constantly non-satisfied with the % discounts on steam sales, dont you guys buy games on steam via key resellers at all? like a lot of times the games are cheaper than during the sales anyways.

Martius

Liturgist
I usually do that when I can find better price. Sometimes polish online stores offer better price.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom