Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Cthulhu_is_love

If you like paying for DosBox warez, sure.
I know that should provoke me, but i really love that.:love:
I would buy all the games on abandonia if they let me.

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Vault Dweller
Hey, according to steamspy there is something fishy about Age of Decadence summer sale.

2virs40.jpg

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In

Renegen

Arcane
It's pretty shitty to increase prices for the Steam sale because so many people buy precisely with the perception that the 50% discount is a 50% cut on the regular price that they can get any other time of the year. It's taking advantage of people fading memory of old prices to psychologically trick them into making an impulse purchase.

The Ziggurat I bought for $5 is pretty good however, I give it a 7/10.

paintinggrey

Scholar
wow...1954 Alcatraz is £0.84, didnt get picked for it in the begging thread no excuse now.

also Resonance and Gemini Rue are cheap as chips.

rohand

Cipher
Enhanced steam and isthereanydeal help a little in seeing historical prices so I can make better decisions with my already light wallet

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Same thing happened to MMX + DLC. It was like 5 bucks before the sale, now it's like 20. I am not paying that much.

DramaticPopcorn

Waiting for WH40k: Armageddon to go on sale.
Also, interested in getting This War of Mine, Neo Scavenger and Telepath Tactics.

t

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Commandos BEL for 39 cents? That's probably the best deal on any game ever.
was about to buy.
Nazisquad wont allow me fellow german jew to throw my money at them.
(german steam doesnt list nor sell the game)

ARRRRGHHHH

what do i do?
PM me your steam name or whatever I need to gift it to you.

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Hello - I need options to purchase Multiplayer or co op games to play with my young teen age son.

I am hoping to get him to respect some of the games Dad likes and get him a healthy respect for RPG. You could also treat as a social experiment to see if kids these days would ever play and enjoy RPG as I played back in the day.

Have done some research already about games in general.

SS2 - cheap - but fiendishly impossible to attain multiplayer
Civ IV - possible as we both like it - don't know how multiplayer works though
Dead space 2 - possible - but multiplayer is not story based
BIoshock 2 - possible
Titan Quest - have tried and got it working
Torchlight 2 - possible and cheap. Not sure how multiplayer works
D:OS - possible- Heard its good but expensive. I have not bought it yet let alone buying two versions.

So as the forum that knows RPG - what would you recommend to play as multiplayer or Coop?

Whiran

Magister
Multiplayer takes a very long time and can be... uncertain with stability.

However, if you both enjoy the game it is a great one since it takes awhile which means bonding time.

Good fun. Easy game. The multiplayer is interesting for sure. Plus it will lead to Path of Exile.

So as the forum that knows RPG - what would you recommend to play as multiplayer or Coop?
I would recommend playing Fallout Tactics together at the same monitor. Each player picks a character to control and have at it.

Divinity: Original Sin works quite well as multiplayer.

Borderlands 2 is a hoot to play and its multiplayer is really good as well.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hello - I need options to purchase Multiplayer or co op games to play with my young teen age son.

I am hoping to get him to respect some of the games Dad likes and get him a healthy respect for RPG. You could also treat as a social experiment to see if kids these days would ever play and enjoy RPG as I played back in the day.

BIoshock 2 - possible
D:OS - possible- Heard its good but expensive. I have not bought it yet let alone buying two versions.

D:OS. It's a colorful and has a light atmosphere, great turn-based combat, and you can play it with him in coop.

I wouldn't even consider any of the other games you listed for the given purpose, maybe Civ IV if you enjoy such strategy games more than RPGs, but imo you should go for D:OS.

DramaticPopcorn

BIoshock 2 - possible

Full Mojo Rampage is quite gud in Co-op provided you have good connection. It's a pretty cool isaac clone with wodoo-themed twist.

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron

D:OS is great fun in coop and it's DRM free, don't get two copies, get one, copy the folder and it will work in MP just fine

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom