Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Zd7rXE5.jpg

I like ants.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why the fuck does Steam keep recommending MMOs to me when I have never played or purchased an MMO on Steam and always say "not interested" when they suggest them? Even Amazon is quicker on the uptake with this shit.

Bruticis

Ain't you the guy that liked Kingdoms of Amalur by the way? Or was that someone else?
Yup, that's him. Of course, he's also the same guy that wrote a review about Warlock 2 being shit and then proceeded to play it for nearly 100 hours.

Time to buy a bike.
YT5bpxb.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Who knows but I got NINE brofists for that witty jape so it doesn't matter.

Edit: ELEVEN!

Last edited:

Bruticis

Just sharing a little ray of sunshine from random CAGtard:
For a while now, I've only been activating games that I'm really interested in and will actually get round to playing. I have over 1400 and decided I'm really not happy with a good number of the games I own. Many of the games in my Steam library didn't represent my interest in games and have made my profile full of titles that I don't want to be associated with. On top of this, hiding them still makes them visible to others.
So I made a big list (around half my library) of games that I want removed and sent it to Valve.
List he wants purged is nearly a 1000 games, random selection to emphasise the level of awesome:
KEEP LIST:
Call of Duty
Goat Simulator
REMOVE LIST:
Baldur's Gate
Knights of the Old Republic
This man will NOT be identified by his gaming peers as having played BG or KoToR, hell no! This man will be identified for Goat Sim.
:thumbsup:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....not even sure what he's implying.

*tries to hide his Huniepop game gift he received*

:negative:

deuxhero

Arcane
Why the fuck does Steam keep recommending MMOs to me when I have never played or purchased an MMO on Steam and always say "not interested" when they suggest them? Even Amazon is quicker on the uptake with this shit.

Even Amazon? Last I heard Amazon made a huge chunk of their sales off the recommendation system, with that and their size I imagine they pour more money into it than anyone. At the very least the time they've had to perfect it certainly outweighs Valve.

The MMO recomendations are clearly a fuckup though.

Bruticis

It does the same thing to me with F2P shit and I've never even launched a F2P title. I don't think its a fuck up so much as Gaben ramming certain money generating genres and games down my throat.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Even Amazon? Last I heard Amazon made a huge chunk of their sales off the recommendation system, with that and their size I imagine they pour more money into it than anyone. At the very least the time they've had to perfect it certainly outweighs Valve.

The MMO recomendations are clearly a fuckup though.

They're a lot better lately, yes. Back in the day though they used to be pretty flawed, same as Steam is now. I get that it's a refining process that takes time but seriously, 50 "not interested" votes for anything online should have sent the message by now.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
They're a lot better lately, yes. Back in the day though they used to be pretty flawed, same as Steam is now. I get that it's a refining process that takes time but seriously, 50 "not interested" votes for anything online should have sent the message by now.

If the system is the same since I was last using Amazon, then the trick is not in saying "I'm not interested" to their recommendations, but in saying Amazon to forget your past purchases, as THAT is where the recommendations are coming from.

Luckra

Educated
Interesting ideas very poorly executed. And it was a buggy mess when it was released, I don't know if that was fixed.

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Intrigued. Is it worth getting?

I liked it. Writing is mostly cringeworthy, but the setting is quite interesting and combat is fun. Could be worth buying at a discount. The same devs also made Lords of the Fallen but unlike it Venetica is an adventure game with focus on solving puzzles and exploration.

Multi-headed Cow

Just gotta wait for Gearbox to email me my key after something like 2 years of waiting. IT'S COMING.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Fuck, somehow I missed the Valkyre Chronicles -50% sale.. or was that some bug.. could swear I've seen it couple of hours back,.,

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom