Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Jesus am I that slow? It took me 60h to beat the whole thing (DLCs included) according to Steam. I can't see how you beat this game in 10h

Non-completionist rabble. :obviously:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Steam shows 16 hours for me. Given 2-3 of that is usually AFK time, tinkering with options, etc. and my OCD compelling me to play full stealth/ghost then I can easily see someone beating it in 10 hours or less. If you didn't care about stealth at all you could probably beat it in six hours. 'Exploration' in the game is pointless as it just grants you more money (which is never in short supply) or trinkets that offer minor/barely noticeable buffs.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
So Rise of Nations Extended edition is on sale until Septermber 1st,I haven't played the original so is it worth 10 euros?
What's the Kodex Kritical Koncesus?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That's a lot for a sale item, but I'd say the game is worth it if you haven't played before at all. It's basically Age of Empires for adults.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
Rise of Nations is one of the best RTS games I've played. It's great for MP.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Nice sale this weekend.
FX2 pinball tables are 75% off now so I got the rest of em I didnt have. Only thing I didnt buy is that new Walking Dead table that they released few days ago.
New Star Wars pack is a bit shitty IMO, previous one was much better, the table with the Droids must be the most boring table Zen Studios ever made. But Deadpool and Guardians of the Galaxy tables are mucho fun to play.

Also got a speedrun platformer Ms. Splosion Man. You dont jump, you explode in this game. Played 4 levels so far, lotsa fun, worth the 2 euros I paid for it.
Last game I got was Max and something something. My daughter liked the first Max and the magic marker game so this one is for her. Didnt got to play it yet.

Alchemist

Arcane
If you beat the average (currently $1.74) you also get the previous two Infinite Space games. Seems like a good deal to me - always wanted to check these games out.

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Seems the new Thiaf was a massive hit that sold millions like everyone expected.
Still not buying. Fuck em
Nah, when a game is wildly successful the company will always brag about it. Squeenix is completely tight lipped about Thiaf.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Seems the new Thiaf was a massive hit that sold millions like everyone expected.
Still not buying. Fuck em
Nah, when a game is wildly successful the company will always brag about it. Squeenix is completely tight lipped about Thiaf.
It wouldn't be on sale for 10 bucks if it sold millions bro. This massive cuts just mean that they've given up on it and try to squeeze out every penny they can. Next stop will be christmas sale for 5 and finally bundle inclusion.
Word of mouth is a powerful thing.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Same state as unofficial sequel of Gothic called Arcania - not even with booze and hookers.

Srsly, there is ton of fan missions for Thief trilogy and most of them are better than Thi4f. If they can't make better game than free The Dark Mod then it should tell you something.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
So which of the older Thief games should one get to start with ? Thief Gold ? Assuming entirely hypothetically that said person has not played any Thief game yet.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
There are purists who would say to start with "vanilla" Thief, because arguments can be made that Thief Gold's additions aren't that hot. I suggest you ignore them and play Thief Gold anyway.

Another suggestion is in regards to the difficulty level: Since you've never played Thief before, start the game on Normal and avoid Expert until you're familiar with the game. Once you're familiar with Thief, ONLY play on Expert. This means that you may feel you have to abandon your current playthrough and start over. This is normal. (All this mostly applies to Thief 1+2+Fan Missions, Thief 3 is different enough that there is little gain from playing it on Expert.)

TripJack

Hedonist
Another suggestion is in regards to the difficulty level: Since you've never played Thief before, start the game on Normal and avoid Expert until you're familiar with the game.
ridiculous :rpgcodex:

expert just forces you to explore the levels more thoroughly, which in a game with levels as good as Thief's you should be doing anyways

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom