Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The state of physical gaming libraries

ds

Cipher
Patron
It would take a company that specializes in fulfilling bespoke orders for boxed versions of various games with willing cooperation from the developers/publishers. I know for certain I would rebuy certain old Big-box titles if some company went to the trouble of putting them together with all the bells and whistles for a reasonable price, for no more than $80-100 say. Likewise, there are plenty of games that I'd pay for on disc that were never before released on disc, just so I'd have a proper physical backup if anything ever happened to Steam or whatever other company was selling them. Primordia for example.
It exists but the company is run by literally faggots and don't deserve your money.

Which one is that? There was IndieBox but iirc they stopped making new boxes and are just selling the remaining stock now. They were also really trying to push a subscription model which never made sense to me - who the fuck wants physical boxes that take up real space of random games rather than games you actually like.

The Kickstarter era was pretty great for boxes from indie games. Great for me anyway, most developers seem to have underestimated the cost and effort required for offering physical crap.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Limited run games were doing it. But they're fully pozzed up trannies so don't give them money for bath tub HRT

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Limited run games were doing it. But they're fully pozzed up trannies so don't give them money for bath tub HRT
They fired their social media manager when they found out she was following a few right leaning people on Twitter. Some crazy tranny complained about her once they discovered who she was following. It wasn't anyone super out there either, fairly mainstream people.

Hell Swarm

Educated
https://nichegamer.com/limited-run-games-fires-cm-over-twitter/

Games distributor Limited Run Games has fired their community manager, seemingly over public outcry for who they follow on Twitter.

“LRG respects all personal opinions, however we remain committed to supporting an inclusive culture,” the company said. “Upon investigating a situation, an employee was terminated. Our goal as a company is to continue to foster a positive and safe environment for everyone.”

One of the users the ex-employee Kara Lynne followed, Ian Miles Cheong, claims it was due to her following both him and the other notable account LibsofTikTok. Both accounts are kind of notorious online for stirring the pot yes, but a fire-able offense to follow them?

Absolutely not. From the looks of it, it all started after a witch-hunt of sorts started a pressure campaign that caused the company to cave and remove the employee from their roster.

There are other claims that Lynne was fired for publicly expressing her excitement to play the upcoming Hogwarts Legacy, which some users now consider “transphobic” due to Harry Potter creator J.K. Rowling taking a hard stance in favor of biological women.

Limited Run Games removing their community manager is a mistake and will only embolden these types of people. They see the blood in the water and will never stop, and will never be satisfied enough to leave you alone.

The same kind of outrage campaign on social media from the same people that led to Kara Lynne being fired also led to Night in the Woods developer Alec Holowka seemingly killing himself. Limited Run Games is ironically selling his game right now, years after his death.

Another recent outrage campaign was directed at this year’s MAGFest where organizers posted “Kotaku’s Journalistic Integrity” on a floor sign, noting it’s in “404”, a joke that their journalistic integrity is missing. Limited Run Games contributor Frank Cifaldi and others kept screaming about GamerGate, for some reason. The sign has since been removed.

Here’s hoping that cooler heads will prevail and that maybe taking crazy people who are constantly online, at their word, might have been a bad idea to entertain in the first place.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
So I googled her and I can understand the real reason why angry LGBTQ gamers are mad at her.

19530691062_866a383902_z.jpg

She's kind of OK looking. Maybe even hot. This is why this crowd hates her.

You know it's true.

Hell Swarm

Educated
So I googled her and I can understand the real reason why angry LGBTQ gamers are mad at her.

View attachment 49120

You know it's true.
You find that okay looking? She's built like a fridge, has a squinting lions face with a kike nose glued on. Wrist tattoo to boot.

If you find this okay , I would hope you neck yourself before you attempt to breed more of these hideous things.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

View attachment 49120

You know it's true.
You find that okay looking? She's built like a fridge, has a squinting lions face with a kike nose glued on. Wrist tattoo to boot.

If you find this okay , I would hope you neck yourself before you attempt to breed more of these hideous things.

Pic of your girlfriend.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
She's built like a fridge, has a squinting lions face with a kike nose glued on. Wrist tattoo to boot.
She's in her mid30s if I remember right, and married. I'm not sure if she has kids already. I've seen video interviews with her, and she was okay looking. She wasn't dolled up in the interviews like in that picture, either. I agree on the tattoo, though.

Hell Swarm

Educated

View attachment 49120

You know it's true.

Pic of your girlfriend.
aishwarya-061015.jpeg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom