Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read The sound of a thousand Cleves devouring your family: Let's read Attack of the Titans!

Radisshu

Prophet
:eek: OH MY GOD HOW WILL THIS END

I actually know what happens

lightbane

Arcane
Anyone else noticed that so many mangas seem to deal with the same depressing crap over and over again? Must be every second mangaka is a butthurt architecture major who can't get over their butthurt from being pushed into doing something practical by their parents, when all they want to draw is lolis with their panties showing.

I noticed a lot of them seem to be born of an interesting idea, with decent artwork and passable writing, but eventually end up running too long and repeating themselves ad nauseum. Or dragging shit out for no reason other than not wanting to take a risk and start something new. The pitfall of being inherently serialized, I suppose.

But I don't find them depressing in general. I don't know why you single out Nihei either, he's just claustrophobia-inducing.

Luckily, there are some of these "serialized mangas" that lack these flaws, such as Hunter x Hunter or Ratman. Also, unless the protagonist asspulls a shonen-type super-power he's pretty much boned. I say you post the second volume to see what happens.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
You're trying to tell me HxH isn't dragged out? Come on bro.

And as far as I'm concerned, this manga ends at Volume 1. The main character died like an idiot, end of line.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
43V7T.jpg

Ignoring the fact that his foster sibling/childhood friend or whatever is obviously into him, choosing instead to ask if the requisite weakling character is feeling ok?

:retarded:

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
It is actually revealed further down the line that both the main character and his "sister" are major psychopaths, and have been like that since they were small children. I am absolutely serious.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
It is actually revealed further down the line that both the main character and his "sister" are major psychopaths, and have been like that since they were small children. I am absolutely serious.

So? I'd still hit it.

I read ahead a little bit. If you are referring to the bit where they first met, I only see perfectly reasonable actions, and a rather accurate assessment of why it was ok. I recall having a similar view of that sort of person when I was that age, and probably would have done the same thing if I had the physical capability (which at that age I very much doubt I did).

Are you referring to a different scene I haven't seen yet?

Cowboy Moment

Arcane

So? I'd still hit it.

I read ahead a little bit. If you are referring to the bit where they first met, I only see perfectly reasonable actions, and a rather accurate assessment of why it was ok. I recall having a similar view of that sort of person when I was that age, and probably would have done the same thing if I had the physical capability (which at that age I very much doubt I did).

Are you referring to a different scene I haven't seen yet?

I'm not saying that wasn't a rational thing to do. Just that, at least the main character's behavior throughout and past the whole ordeal would have prompted me to make him go see a therapist. Children should not act like that.

lightbane

Arcane
Shonen/manga/anime/Anything wapanese and rational thoughts/logic don't work well together.

Kz3r0

Arcane
I'm not saying that wasn't a rational thing to do. Just that, at least the main character's behavior throughout and past the whole ordeal would have prompted me to make him go see a therapist. Children should not act like that.
First, look at child soldiers throughout history, second, his beloved daddy was pumping him full of unknown drugs.

By the way, this is just the fantasy version of giant evil alien robots attack the Earth, the usual teen prodigy saves the day, what makes this manga interesting is how wipe its ass with all the retarded shonen rhetoric, "trust us and our commander, with the power of friendship we will won", hilarity ensues.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom