Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Sims Online

Deathy

Liturgist
Bad.
Essentially a virtual life with no real drawing cards to it.
You don't have to pay a subscription fee to live a real life.

Chicago. And damn anyone who is not the same.
Hehe.
O man, that was great.
Yeah, but let us face it- in real life, I, nor anyone I would consider a friend, would get in a leather costume and start dancing in a metal cage in a "tripped" out apartment, let alone play a guitar solo that make's the Pumpkins develope an infiriority complex.
It is a world specificly desinged for the lifeless geekey to develope lives. Anyone read that Wired article?

Wojit

Educated
I don't know tooooo much about it, but I always got the impression that it was just a glorified chatroom.

Vikjunk

Novice
Wojit said:
I don't know tooooo much about it, but I always got the impression that it was just a glorified chatroom.

Don't most MMORPGs end up becoming a "glorified chatroom" anyways? :D

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
The Sims was fun for a few hours. Locking people up inside a small shack can only be done so many times before it gets boring. I don't see why moving the game online is gonna make it funnier, apart from possibly being able to lock up other people's children...

But on the pro side of things, it'd give geeky boys and girls a place to meet and talk about how their virtual family's day went.

Vikjunk

Novice
Rat Keeng said:
But on the pro side of things, it'd give geeky boys and girls a place to meet and talk about how their virtual family's day went.

Now that would be an all time low for the human race... ;)

Spazmo

Erudite
The Sims was fun for a little while until you realised it wasn't. Sadly, it still managed to hang on to a top five spot in the sales so they keep churning out expansions and sequels. At least they cancelled SimsVille. I'm glad Maxis will go back to doing something right with SimCity 4000.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom