Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline The Sims 4

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Heh, the game actually has a clever anti-piracy measure.

0040556.jpg

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Wake me up when there is the complete edition of...The Sims 3.
The Sims 3 Ultimate Collection 26.36GB
There is no reason to support greedy bastards who can't make improvenments and large free form world.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
There is no reason to support greedy bastards who can't make improvenments and large free form world.
Ehh it's not like the large free form world is even that big of a deal. They've already proven they have trouble doing that, but can do individual lots great with The Sims 2. There must be a way to turn off aging for other households when you're playing; The Sims 2 was fun to play each family for a week at a time while The Sims 3 you were stuck with really just one, unless you wanted to move to another and then come back to see that half your sims got deleted (moved out of town), lost their high paying jobs and now work at a diner, etc shit like that.

Caim

Arcane
Incidentally, I got the free complete edition of Sims 2, but when I try to run it the game stays stuck in the pre-main menu loading screen. Is that a bug or just an extremely long-ass loading time?

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Incidentally, I got the free complete edition of Sims 2, but when I try to run it the game stays stuck in the pre-main menu loading screen. Is that a bug or just an extremely long-ass loading time?
Feature

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Feature
And I thought that Sims 3 with all expansions was bad in this regard. Oh well.

That's actually not normal, though yes, The Sims 2 does suffer slowdowns on loading when all the expansions are installed. Still, it should be fully playable.

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
When you install everything at once and play it for the first time yeah there's a long ass loading screen. Go make a coffee or something. Next time you play it should load fine.

Avellion

Erudite
At the time of posting this, Sims 4 has a metascore of 72. And a user score of 3.7.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-sims-4

It's a better RPG than Skyrim.
Since I am a newfag who cant brofist yet, this will have to do
:bro:
Especially Sims Medieval - it's RPG light. So has more ties to the genre Skyrim ever had :troll:
You even get to choose class in that game, unlike Skyrim.

Edit: as a matter of fact, this

Rpg7a6dm.jpg

is more of an RPG than Skyrim.

Last edited:

WalkinDude

Augur
Patron
Codex 2014
So I went ahead and bought the game, and other than the horribly deformed babies that thankfully grow up to be normal looking kids, I don't get what the bad hype is about.

Oh wait yeah I do, every single new sims game is met with the exact same shit. Sims 2? "What is this crap wow 3D but there's like 2 fridges to choose from this sux im going back to Sims 1" Sims 3? "What is this crap wow open worlds but theres like no items this is horse shit im going back to Sims 2" and now this. If you're going into this expecting the same (shitty & bloated) game that Sims 3 provided 11 EPs in, yeah you're going to be disappointed. Sims has always been a cash grab so I don't really care, there's no way to sell out this franchise with shitty DLC and other overpriced garbage. It is what it is, and it's pretty fun.

Self-Ejected

Irenaeus

Self-Ejected
Patron
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual The Real Fanboy
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom