Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout "The Relentless Champions Of Classic Fallout" - Glittering Gems of Hatred MK2

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Why inXile dont make a game like fallout 1 & 2 and call it with another name, Fallout 3 and 4 are not even close to the original ones, make a fallout like game will be perfect.

They did its called Wasteland 2; Its even better since its the sequel to Fallouts Holy Ancestor the Wasteland. :smug:

Also who cares about Fallouts this days? the body was gangraped and cannibalized by Bethzpizda for the manboon constoldtard masses long time a go and :obviously: Gentlemen and Trannies will have Underrail soon. Shake the dust from your sandals and move on Komrades.

naossano

Cipher
Kind of uncomfortable with that article.

On one hand, it is nice to have some NMA coverage on Kotaku and some bit of praise here and there. On the other hand :
- Didn't like how the interviewer introduced himself. He didn't say he was from Kotaku, what he intended to do with the interviews, if he had past experience. We were supposed to accept being interviewed without having any prior knowledge about him, while he had some about us.
- I doubt he had all the necessary agreement from the people he quoted. (it is naossano, not naosanno)
- He tries to make NMA looks like some guardians of an old Fort, while there is so much NEW stuff about Fallout 1st gen. The new enhancement (from Killap, Sduibek etc...), the total conversions (Mutants Rising, Van Buren etc...), the Fonline servers, (AOP, Reloaded etc...) the new games using Fallout blueprints, (Underrail, AOD,Wasteland 2 etc...) amongs other stuff. If there was only old stuff, i doubt i would be interested in the Fallout communities anymore.
- Entertaining the myth of the NMA communities being a can of anti-new-fans trolls. First, my focus when i come on NMA/Fogen/Beth communities isn't about arguing with new fans. I enjoy the debates, learning about new/old games (learning about the Codex...), lore discovery/lore sharing, some non-game debates, or just pass the time, amongs other things. Second, the Fallout 3 fanboys aren't persecuted when they come here. Only the HOSTILE Fallout fanboys are treated with a bit of cynism, and even there, most of NMA members are civil to a point, before things escalate. Withouth those hostiles people that come here with the clear intend of starting a fight, there wouldn't be any of those things. Third, i am not interested in re-re-re-stating a thousand times how Fo3 sucks. I just did it last year, the first time i played it, to evacuate all those feelings. If topics are brought up again, i rather copy-past or show some links. No one love re-saying the same things over and over.
- In my opinion, the guy already had a prior opinion about NMA and just looked for quotes to emphasis his own prior opinion, without aknowledging the facts that would counter that opinion.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
The funniest thing is that the author of that article obviously hasn't played the original fallouts either.

Used to lurk on NMA quite some time ago. Pretty sure someone was dissing codex there, so i decided to check what it's all about. Landed on some thread with a resident tranny posting dick pics, never looked back.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
DAC rules.
you think propserland is prosperous? you haven't seen their The Wasteland subforum.

NMA is gay.

Last edited:

Neanderthal

Arcane
Seemed to have an undercurrent of stating that playing or supporting the old game is a vain and foolish thing, as if they should be forgotten and scorned just for being old. Don't see this much in other mediums, Mozart isn't judged as a has been, Dickens is still read, the Impressionists work still has an audience and a bloody great price tag, seems only games are dismissed because of their age automatically, wonder why?

Then agin it's Kotaku so...

stony3k

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Seems like movies are sometimes victims of that too...
Not among serious movie buffs and critics/journalists - they still watch and learn from the old classics, including the Battleship Potemkin. That would be like gaming journalists and critics having to play Wizardry 1 or Ultima 1 before having the creds to criticize games

Neanderthal

Arcane
Yeah the amount of old movies and television programs that are lost and destroyed because of this fascination with only the new is tragic, tried to find some old copies of the original Avengers the other day, only two full episdoes of the original series remain.

A user named cat

Ahhh, yes. NMA: http://www.nma-fallout.com/showthread.php?202747-Censorship-There-is-no-censorship!

There is no cencorship on this forum, the fact that the vated topic was going for more then 70 pages should tell you enough. If this was about cencorship, then it would have dissapeared much sooner, not to mention you had 2 admins in there discussing, not throwing out any banns nor warnings to people. You can say about Tagz or Sander what ever you want, but I have yet to a see a situation where they exploited their rights as mods/admins.

The general rule is simple, dont post bullshit, and the topic is save from the vats. This forum is very open to discussions, even hot topics, and you can have your opinion and even your attitude too, but as soon as things start to go in a certain direction, then it simply makes no sense to discuss it and keeping the topic open. The forum has a zero tolerance policy regarding some stuff, like Nazis, as good example, or posting NSFW material.
A bunch of pathetic sand vaginas who strut their censorship sticks and Neogaf agendas around like Cleve with micro issues.

Probably why Kotaku now decides to do an article on them; their people in power share the same character traits.

roshan

Arcane
Also it makes this site look the most extreme there is, even though RPGCodex is a lot more about blindly hating whatever Beth does when discussing the Fallout franchise.

If anyone thinks these forums are dominant for "Bethesda bashing", I will direct them to the RPGCodex.

Looks like the Kotaku article is too much heat for some of those guys. "No, it's not us, it's those blind haters/bashers at the Codex!"

Lord Azlan

Arcane
Patron
Shitposter
Good articles and responses.

Shihonage - excellent post.

I suppose its timely to talk about the various Fallouts as number four (or six) is on the horizon.

We have had the Blisteringly Stupidity of Fallout 3 from Shamus "To be honest, I liked it too" Young and also threads like Morrowind is a 4/10 game from ThatRight " It's true. I wasted an estimated 400~ hours of my life on this game" ImInIt.

To be honest, I played and completed Fallout 3 before I joined this forum. In those days I still had my F1 and F2 CDs getting dusty on the shelves. In my Codex Era I went back to the earlier Fallouts and thoroughly enjoyed them.

Parts of me thinks the criticism of this game is like my old grandpa complaining about "music these days - hmmphh".

"Cough, spit, when I played Fallout you could only heal 2 HP per hour, now these pesky young kids can freeze comabt and use unlimited stim packs. And ammo? Bloody hell - in the future it does not weight anything - it's all made of air..."

I don't know why we get the constant comparisons - they are completely different games. Designed in a different era for a different audience. You must be stupid if you ever thought Bethesda was going to release a game on consoles where "You can kill children, if you’re sadistic enough."

I have always believed the consolisation of gaming killed RPGs. Money talks and many developers went down the console route for bigger bucks. A trend only recently that seems to have reversed. 1998 itself was just a bad year for RPG. With Witcher 1 and Mass Effect 1 the only other rivals for our affection.

We should be thankful that Bethesda at least kept the Fallout franchise alive. They never Electronic Arsed it to death. We have Fallout 3, New Vegas and now Fallout 4. I don't imagine they would ever make anything like the first two but maybe they have listened to some of the criticism about 3. Least we can damn well hope rather than despair as regards the demise of Wizardry and M&M. M&M X was barely competent and very short - decent attempt - could have been a lot worse.

The fact that the Codex collectively thinks The Witcher and Alpha Protocol are better than F3, I just need to remember that although you guys are my Olympian Gods of RPG, you sometimes come down to Earth and get dirty.

Respectively

evdk

comrade troglodyte :M
Patron
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
We should be thankful that Bethesda at least kept the Fallout franchise alive.
:nocountryforshitposters:
NAdvnAe.jpg

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
We should be thankful that Bethesda at least kept the Fallout franchise alive.

Go die in a fire. Bethesda outjewed Troika games back then and bid more money on the Fallout license. Without them, the license would have been either dead or in the hands of its creator. Both better options than we have now.

roshan

Arcane
We should be thankful that Bethesda at least kept the Fallout franchise alive. They never Electronic Arsed it to death. We have Fallout 3, New Vegas and now Fallout 4. I don't imagine they would ever make anything like the first two but maybe they have listened to some of the criticism about 3.

Would you rather:
1. Have no sex
2. Be forcibly anally penetrated by a Black Geyser

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom