Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Rageaholic

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Yes, he fell in love with DA:O's relative :incline:. Fuck, so did I, and apparently many others on the KKKodex. That just makes his disappointment and rage more fun to watch.

Actually, this recent Great Bioware Backlash is probably driven to a large degree by people who are mad at Bioware for abandoning the design philosophies behind the first Dragon Age.
Yeah, DA:O was the closest to Baldur's Gate we could get from a AAA developer this decade, it felt like a good NWN 3 or something, it really gave me some hope. Sadly, only to crush it right after.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Yes, he fell in love with DA:O's relative :incline:. Fuck, so did I, and apparently many others on the KKKodex. That just makes his disappointment and rage more fun to watch.

Actually, this recent Great Bioware Backlash is probably driven to a large degree by people who are mad at Bioware for abandoning the design philosophies behind the first Dragon Age.
Yeah, DA:O was the closest to Baldur's Gate we could get from a AAA developer this decade, it felt like a good NWN 3 or something, it really gave me some hope. Sadly, only to crush it right after.

DA:O was released last decade. :smug:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron

DA:O was released last decade. :smug:
FFS Racofer, sometimes I still thing the last decade was the 90's, now you are telling me that we already changed decades AGAIN? What's wrong with the world, is EA altering time to release their sports games faster?

racofer

Thread Incliner
If EA changes a decade to a single year, they could have the best game of the decade award every decade! Imagine how this would boost their sales!

Ermm

Erudite
I thought I would see a fat or ultra skinny nerd (I thought he sounded a bit like Boilerplate or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me) with ultrathick glasses. What I found was an emo on steroids.

attackfighter

Magister
I thought I would see a fat or ultra skinny nerd (I thought he sounded a bit like Boilerplate or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me) with ultrathick glasses. What I found was an emo on steroids.

looks more like a hipster to me, or maybe a metal head hipster. long hair and metal music = metal head, glasses plus forced interest in current trendy fad = hipster. he probably also smoked weed one time and considers himself a stoner

Whisky

The Solution
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera
Dear god am I sick of angry reviewers.

I mean, this one wasn't that bad compared to others.

But shit, is this the most overused internet schtick ever, or what?

RatFink

Educated
could just be because he used it for his video
but all that fuzz about thief being a dark game plus the importance of shadows and showing it with brightness cranked the fuck up is kinda stupid...
i dont know..dont like that guy..seems incredibly douchy

attackfighter

Magister
Dear god am I sick of angry reviewers.

I mean, this one wasn't that bad compared to others.

But shit, is this the most overused internet schtick ever, or what?

well people who have talent and creativity probably have more important things to do than review video games and movies for free on jewtube

so that only leaves the retards who think yelling and pretending to be mad is super funny

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
This series went from being the most important in a decade...

I stopped at there.

Console retard is a retard. I bet his firs "rpg" was KotOR. :roll:

Esquilax

Arcane
He has some good videos, but I can't stand how he just mangles those metaphors and comparisons in without giving any thought to "does this actually make any lick of sense?"
It's even worse when it's a reference to classic literature and you just feel like he's namedropping to seem intelligent.

Though, obviously the worst offense is that he liked Oblivion.

Yeah man, this is really fucking bad. Some of the attempts at humor are the sort of pretentious, try-hard nerd shit that makes me fucking cringe. The dude is just trying way too hard. I mean, Thief I/II are my favourite games too (I can't pick between them) but the jokes really fell flat.

I will say that the dude has damn good taste in metal though. Good shit.

A user named cat

AVGN will always be the best of the bunch. While he isn't the most intelligent and is mostly a Nintendo fanboy, his videos are the most fun to watch and chimes back to my 80's childhood. He also doesn't try to speak like a pseudo-intellect either, especially in comparison to this Rageaholic dork. Who the fuck wants to hear someone doing a lame impression of Dennis Miller, using a Thesaurus vocabulary and all? I want to tear down this guy's hipster rock posters and punch him in the throat.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
AVGN will always be the best of the bunch. While he isn't the most intelligent and is mostly a Nintendo fanboy, his videos are the most fun to watch and chimes back to my 80's childhood. He also doesn't try to speak like a pseudo-intellect either, especially in comparison to this Rageaholic dork. Who the fuck wants to hear someone doing a lame impression of Dennis Miller, using a Thesaurus vocabulary and all? I want to tear down this guy's hipster rock posters and punch him in the throat.

I'm not sure I would compare the two. The impression I get from AVGN (and also the Nostalgia Critic/TGWTG crowd, perhaps not all of them) is that his videos are primarily for the lulz, with making a point coming in second.
In Rageaholic's videos, it seems to be the other way around.

You can make a sliding scale of lulz<---->content, with Nostalgia Critic on the far left, and somebody like smudboy or Errant Signal on the far right.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hmmm, watched a few reviews, while overall, it's not bad, there are some rather questionable things that he appears to like, such as Oblivion, which's essentially same as Skyrim if not dumber. Suppose he was too young to notice it at the time, but then the pose of a hardcore games is a little questionable.

Also, he seems to hang up on little details sometimes while not noticing there's much bigger issues to beat up on, say on level scaling in Skyrim for example, didn't hear a word about it in that review. Still, not too bad, not too bad.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

This one is my favourite one.

:love:

edit: Oh right, we aren't talking about BRO Team... the DA 2 Rageaholic video was pretty funny and :obviously: . You could tell he really liked Origins. But I remember he ripped on New Vegas... because it was too hard. So, I'm mixed.

Sul

Savant
Yeah I'm sure. Digitom was just the channel that was used before the Bro Team create his own.

Ermm

Erudite
He doesn't even know what a Tim Schafer is WTF.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom