Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds: Spacer's Choice Edition - Obsidian's first-person sci-fi RPG set in a corporate space colony

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
No. Defense in general is pretty useless, with the only worthwhile thing being investing into Block for the extra armor passive IF and only IF you're a melee-only character.

I find pretty fun to jump like a crazy man dodging rocks from those gorillas, dodge backwards to dodge melee enemies and TTD feels good. Shooting enemies in the legs feels good.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Three hundred eighty nine pages long thread is testimony of Codex's love for drama, inability to move on from their -exes and brand loyalty

Stubbornly stay the same, Codex
rating_salute.gif

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
There are apparently several game files referring to the game as Indiana. Obsidian's game files don't usually refer to their project names, right?

razvedchiki

Erudite
its a petty though that from the 400 pages only about 20 contain anything usefull about the game,rest are the usual "women/blacks/jews destoyed my life heres why".
also no steam forums.
if only the 380 pages of the off topic landed accidentaly into retardoland.....

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Does shit tastes like shit?

P.S. Papa Lenard & Tim expect answer to this important philosophical question written in review format, boyz. Twelve reviews for each Papa. Please submit your reviews via Epic Store.TM, Papas read only those

So, should we add Tim and Leonard to the ever growing pile of has beens or write it off as simply Obsidian's incompetency tarnishing their reputation?

I like the second option more

Think it's 50/50.

What saddens me is how derivative it all feels. Overall theme, mechanics and even them terminals... They really wanted to make another Fallout game, but used Beth's template for some reason while stripping away what little good it had (open world, modability). Writing is where it could have won some points, but it's the usual Obsidian by-the-numbers fare instead. Movement is floaty, gunplay is non-existent. It even looks off, like whoever did the lighting might have fucked it up or something, can't quite put my finger on it, but it has that Demo Project look from UE/Unity. Not to mention characters that look like they inherited that Gamebryo chromosome.

The whole thing is just puzzling to me. Why bother leaving AAA top dogs if you are going to make the same uninspired drivel.

:negative::negative::negative:

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Did my customary one hour test playthrough. Three niggles:

1) Character creation interface isn't flexible enough. I want to be able to adjust attributes and see how they change the skills on the same screen.
2) What FOV should I use? >_> I hate having to make this choice.
3) Framerate is maybe a bit sluggish on my GTX 970 on Ultra, but eh.

Anyway for the character creation I made this quick & dirty table: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i2dBOu49112zyBWv9tnP3xQvq--vZ_6-E41Tb-q6g80/

I guess what you should do is prioritize the skills you want and then improve the attributes with the best spread across those skills.

Sentinel

Arcane
2) What FOV should I use? >_> I hate having to make this choice.
Usually anything between 85-90 FOV is my preferred setting. The higher the number the more you'll be able to see on screen. It's mainly a setting to help people manager their motion sickness that manifests on low FOV games.

Prime Junta

Spun it up. This game feels extremely 2010, except more lesbian. Like the FONV team spent the last decade tripping on mushrooms, finally ran out of bagels, and had to slap together another one. Not sure yet whether and in what measure this is good or bad.

Dishonoredbr

Liturgist
Not sure yet whether and in what measure this is good or bad.

So far, it's pretty good. Quest design is almost as good as back in FNV so far (the first town of TOW is better than Goodsprings), expect that it don't have Beyond the Beef style side quest so far. Feels like FNV but with a much more enjoyable combat, not amazing combat tho..

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Seems you can change a lot of the UI elements pretty easily for the MS version.

Go to:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\PrivateDivision.TheOuterWorldsWindows10_hv3d7yfbgr2rp\LocalCache\Local\Indiana\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

Then open GameUserSettings.ini. Everything in there is just an on or off (true or false) switch.

Example:
rtKwmXb.jpg

So far I have removed awareness icons, and healthbars. Trying to find the hit marker thing.

Edit:

Okay, it seems "hitmarkers" are connected to the aiming cross-hair, so if you wanna get rid of hit markers you have to disable the whole thing.

AimingReticleMode=Off

Fortunately you can still aim with iron-sights so shouldn't be much trouble.

Last edited:

Trashos

Arcane
its a petty though that from the 400 pages only about 20 contain anything usefull about the game,rest are the usual "women/blacks/jews destoyed my life heres why".
also no steam forums.

If something is in the game, we should have the right to discuss it in the game thread.

The alternative looks like this:

California: We are going to turn all women into ugly dykes! Fuck cisgendered white males!
White Males: WTF..
California: You actually care about petty things like how women look in a game?! LOL!

Need I point out how absurd such a situation would be? On the other hand, Alinsky would be proud.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
also no steam forums.

If something is in the game, we should have the right to discuss it in the game thread.

The alternative looks like this:

California: We are going to turn all women into ugly dykes! Fuck cisgendered white males!
White Males: WTF..
California: You actually care about petty things like how women look in a game?! LOL!

Need I point out how absurd such a situation would be? On the other hand, Alinsky would be proud.

Truly white males are the most oppressed race.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom