Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The New Obsidian: Josh Sawyer promoted to studio Design Director role

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Whether that reflects well or poorly on them or the Codex is a different question of course.
It says a lot more about you than either the Codex or them actually.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
No matter what opinion you hold, you can always say it out loud without fear of being banned. People may disagree. People may call you names. People may ignore you (which is the most "safe space" feature of the codex but it's only on an individual level), but you will always be heard. On some other forums you can really get banned for disagreeing with a moderator, for example. Here the most you can get for that is a dumbfuck or some other silly tag that does not impair your posting abilities. It's really hard to get banned on the codex - you have to either spam stupid shit non stop, post nsfw pics without nsfw tags or make one of those stupid "leaving forever" threads.

That's why I love codex for. Right from the first days I felt myself like among my old friends, and I never felt something like that before.
I know that I can joke about Jews (while on other sites harmless joke lead directly to ban), and nothing will happen, and I didn't joked like that because of knowing that I can do so isenough for me.
I'm sure that Codex is best site because also you can find perfect analysis and fine discussion of game mechanics of some crappy and really good games only here (on a level which is sadly impossible for Russian sites e.g.).
Viva la Codex!

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Somebody has been retardoing my posts whenever I say n*gger in them all the time I've been here. And just recently a bunch of DS1 fanboys in the DS3 thread cried like babies and begged JarlFrank to ban WhatAreYouACasul for "shitposting" (the guy was expressing valid points in trolling/hurtful terms, so fucking what?), and what do you know, the poor guy did end up getting banned a few days later. Explain that to me.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Somebody has been retardoing my posts whenever I say n*gger in them all the time I've been here. And just recently a bunch of DS1 fanboys in the DS3 thread cried like babies and begged JarlFrank to ban WhatAreYouACasul for "shitposting" (the guy was expressing valid points in trolling/hurtful terms, so fucking what?), and what do you know, the poor guy did end up getting banned a few days later. Explain that to me.
Nigger

test

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
I don't believe I've ever once even used the "n" word
But you just did. Is there really a difference between typing nigger and "the n-word"? We all know what you mean, you know what you mean, so in the end what's the difference? Sh*t, f*ck, c*nt. Totally not cursing right now.

hpstg

Savant
Infinitron rubs one out for every letter he replaces with an asterisk.

A user named cat

But you just did. Is there really a difference between typing nigger and "the n-word"? We all know what you mean, you know what you mean, so in the end what's the difference? Sh*t, f*ck, c*nt. Totally not cursing right now.
You know exactly what I meant and why I didn't use the whole term, don't be a jackoff. It's a stupid, ugly word that I never liked using but it's not going to go away until they stop using it on each other as well.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
You know exactly what I meant and why I didn't use the whole term
No, I really don't. If you truly respect your fellow negro enough that you don't want to remind them of the slavery days then why would you refer to the term at all? It just shows that you're still thinking along those same old lines and you're still reminding them of slavery so it's pretty much the same thing only you're a milksop. The way I see it the American negro needs three things: dignity, self-respect and to escape their perpetual poverty and I don't think anyone using mean words is going to make or break them as a people or worsen their situation. However, if you're going to pride yourself in not having referenced slavery in that way on an slightly obscure RPG forum then why would you even bring the word up?

I dunno, it just seems to me that Americans with white guilt are no less racist in their own way instead of just letting go of the racially oriented thought patterns. Racism ends when you treat your fellow man as an individual and a person and not an other to be either oppressed or coddled which both are equally bad in their own way.

A user named cat

If you're done with your speech, I was simply bringing it up to prove a point that we aren't a collective group of hardcore racists and hitler worshippers like SJWs would like to believe. Nothing more. I'm not priding myself on anything. I don't use any variation of the term and haven't since childhood. It's not white guilt, it's not to forget slavery, it's not a sensitivity issue; it's choosing not to use a stupid fucking word that does nothing but cause problems.

Prime Junta

The "alt-right" does set the tone here. Perhaps not because they're the most numerous; certainly because they're the loudest mob.

(N.b.: I'm not advocating censoring them. I do consider it my civic duty to censure them from time to time however.)

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I dunno how you do Darklands without it being set in "imaginary history".

Same way you do an IE engine spiritual successor: pretty much completely differently.
Then you can say it's totally the same because it's isometric and you click on a list of choices.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
FeelTheRads I'm curious about something. During PoE's development, you were very ANGRY about it, but then for a long time it seemed you'd forgotten about it and moved on to other things. Then you jumped on it again. What happened? Did you ever get around to playing it?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
I played enough to decide it's shit but no, I didn't play it with those expansions which I'm sure make an utter shit game into a totally awesome one.
Also I don't know when I forgotten about it or when I jumped backed in. I don't really keep track, I just hate whenever I hate.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
If you truly respect your fellow negro enough that you don't want to remind them of the slavery days then why would you refer to the term at all? It just shows that you're still thinking along those same old lines and you're still reminding them of slavery so it's pretty much the same thing only you're a milksop.

Why refering to NEgro as Negro is a "you want to remind them of the slavery days"?
I just don't get it, can someone show me that cultural background?
These things are highly amusing to me, I don't understand logic.

Johannes

Arcane
You know exactly what I meant and why I didn't use the whole term, don't be a jackoff. It's a stupid, ugly word that I never liked using but it's not going to go away until they stop using it on each other as well.
Stupid, ugly word for stupid, ugly people.

Prime Junta

Stupid, ugly word for stupid, ugly people.

Nice .sig.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
http://jesawyer.tumblr.com/post/143120816411/is-there-anything-stopping-you-from-doing

ilitarist asked: Is there anything stopping you from doing historical RPG? Do you consider PoE a historical RPG cause it functions more like a historical fiction than a typical fantasy story?

I need to devote my attention to the project I’m currently directing, but it is my intention that the next project I direct (after this one) will be a historical RPG. It’s something I’ve been talking to Feargus every once in a while for the past couple of years and he’s been supportive.

I don’t consider PoE to be a historical RPG in any way. When I say “historical RPG” I mean something set in Earth’s history – inclusive with fantastic variations, like Darklands and Ars Magica.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom