Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

ortucis

Prophet
Gameplay is one thing, but what i cannot understand is what does it have to do with Doom. It looks like Crysis, one of newer Call of Duties or just Generic sci-fi shooter #53.

Funny thing is the older 2008 version of DOOM was accused of being too generic and Call of Dootie like, but you know, in hindsight, it looks like genius compared to this revamped piece of shit.

It's Bethesda we are talking about here.

Retards canceled Prey 2 cause it wasn't "upto their standards".

Fallout 4 is their standard.

Venser

Erudite
Why would anyone preorder a digital copy? And without any discount? Makes no sense

Astral Rag

Arcane
Nice official screenshot
ss_d4408123acf59c69cc1944973f7b9ea8b97bdd2e.1920x1080.jpg

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Why would anyone preorder a digital copy? And without any discount? Makes no sense

No idea. The only reason could be preload, especially if you have a slow internet connection. But that would mean pre-purchasing it days, not months before release, especially because it's a real pre-purchase, ans Steam takes the money immediately, not like amazon, which charge at shipping for pre-orders.

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Holy fucking shit, does Bethesda acknowledge there are third world countries on this planet? First Fallout 4, now Doom at 58 fucking dollars at South East Asia, while almost every other AAA games are at least 30% or 40% off here, even Ubisoft's games are cheaper.

Caim

Arcane
Holy fucking shit, does Bethesda acknowledge there are third world countries on this planet? First Fallout 4, now Doom at 58 fucking dollars at South East Asia, while almost every other AAA games are at least 30% or 40% off here, even Ubisoft's games are cheaper.
Doing a 1:1 translation of the USD price to your regional equivalent is all the rage. I mean fuck, when I bought Skyrim the Euro was at about 1,4 dollar. Remember that in the eyes of the Americans this is not screwing people over because America is the only country that exists.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Here's even moar lulz. Check out the Doom 1, 2 and 3 logos:
m_doom-hi-res.png

latest

Doom.png
nuDOOM logo:
header.jpg

What the actual fuck...

lol068.gif

Gord

Arcane
Doing a 1:1 translation of the USD price to your regional equivalent is all the rage. I mean fuck, when I bought Skyrim the Euro was at about 1,4 dollar. Remember that in the eyes of the Americans this is not screwing people over because America is the only country that exists.

The funny thing is that so far (in Germany) all of those games where cheaper in retail stores. On release one can usually save 5-15 bucks when buying it in a store as opposed to Steam (or even GOG).

GrainWetski

Arcane

The funny thing is that so far (in Germany) all of those games where cheaper in retail stores. On release one can usually save 5-15 bucks when buying it in a store as opposed to Steam (or even GOG).
Same here. Almost always 10-15 dollars cheaper just ordering from a retail store. It's ridiculously dumb.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Supposedly, the 1 to 1 conversion which fucks us Europeans is because of the cost of bringing the games over here. Localization costs, they say.

While I get it for adventure games, RPGs, Scripted FPS with loots of voice overs.... Doom ? Fucking Doom ?

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Supposedly, the 1 to 1 conversion which fucks us Europeans is because of the cost of bringing the games over here. Localization costs, they say.

While I get it for adventure games, RPGs, Scripted FPS with loots of voice overs.... Doom ? Fucking Doom ?

European prices also include European sales tax, U.S. prices don't. And sales tax is like 20% in many countries.

ortucis

Prophet
PS. I started Doom3+RoA playthrough.
Custom .ini config for widescreen + better guns (Realistic guns) + duct tape and we can ride it again.

Since I was a Quake fanboy, I never touched Doom back in the day. So my first DOOM experience was Doom 3 and I absolutely loved it. I have played older Doom games after that, but I didn't really care much for them.

So anyway, the point is, I played D3 when it was released and there were no whiny modders creating retarded duck-tape mods. Game works fine and is pretty fun. The flashlight is needed in few areas for few seconds. They wanted to create a dark atmosphere to make you feel like anything can jump from the shadows (kinda messed that up thanks to teleporting enemies) and this is why darkness works in that game. The section where you follow one small robot in darkness was just so much fun thanks to flashlight mechanic.

Taking that away and turning it into another shit horror game where you run around with flashlight on, is bloody retarded.

Also, Doom 3 expansion is awesome. ID creates a good game and their expansions are always an improvement. For example, RAGE. That game's expansion when full nuts with action and I loved it.

PS: Bethesda killed iD Software. Is there anything these people can't kill?

T. Reich

Arcane
Wow, take a load of this guy!
Praising a shit game because he never played originals.
Filthy decline enabler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom