Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mysterious Mystery of the Codex Murders

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
But you are among the most vocal... in my defense, without much proof.
Like it was with Tigranes, user activity is a good measure of how much they have to hide. Especially in a first game when it is uncertain how much activity/lurking is too much.

Of course, you are an experienced player, and you can turn it around easily, so...

I have made my list of innocents/suspects, and two of them are dead as of today. I take it as a sign that my gut feeling is correct.

And as an active player, you can be cooperated with to form some kind of a common strategy. Even when this strategy results in us hanging a detective. :M

It could be, and I have nothing to accuse you of as of yet, except maybe asking me a few posts ago to decide on whom we should vote out.
I asked those whom I consider innocents. That includes you and Grimgravy. If Tigranes were alive, I'd ask him too.

What I want is to form a coalition of people who would be of one mind on certain matters. The less of us are left, the easier it is for the killers to form a voting block that would disrupt our efforts.

As for why I may consider you innocent, well...
Yeah, the note rules out filthy casuals as culprits.
+M

Last edited:

Nevill

Arcane
But if you want a serious explanation... it's the same reason why I think it should be obvious I am innocent. The killer would be cautious not to make too many enemies and accusations, even in jest - especially when there is nothing indicating them yet. They are wary of possible retaliations. It is much more likely that those who throw accusations around like a blanket are innocents.

Since that was what you, me and Tigranes were doing, I ruled you out.

If you are still a killer despite all that - well, hat's off to you. :salute:

Now that I have voiced it, though, I do not expect that line of reasoning to work, naturally. But for a first approximation I think it wasn't too bad of a clue.

It is why I still suspect Viata is being mistaken, not malicious.

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Duraframe300 is barking up the wrong tree, but hey that's his choice. Who DIDN'T vote to lynch someone last night? They were either trying not to make enemies or slackers. Either way, they should go. The killers got two of them leaving Spigot. That could make him suspect or it could mean the killers will get him next. Nevill I could support any of your three choices at this stage.

Also, the big vault boy head implies a big head to disguise and the murder also took great physical strength.

Like that of a bear.

I ACCUSE SPIGGOT.

a bear named spigot , this time the victim was not eaten, merely brutally murdered. Strange. Is it because I thought the last murder clearly identified you that you changed the pattern and didn't eat a leg or two this time ? You are still a suspect in my book. But I will not accuse you. Not right now. Not yet. There is still time for an investigation to be conducted, and it should be conducted. Still, you should defend yourself.

forgive my inexperience with these games, but I don't think I'm supposed to be role playing based as my user name in this game? If that was anything to make decisions a killer named 'friendly pacifist guy' would make it to the end np because there's no way anyone would believe he could have done it.

now, on to others. nevill continues to proclaim me one of the most suspect, while lauding those who post a lot as clearly innocent (the group he belongs to), and look now, tigranes is dead and he has been proven innocent! so clearly following this reasoning there is no way it could have been he or taxalot... unless he killed off tigranes just to make this point. I do think the one or both of you are playing a role, however, I think one of the two is the priest. so if only one of you makes it through the night, I will then be convinced that one is a killer.

then I think there's a couple of others that are not getting much attention, in duraframe and grimgravy, who are worth further investigating.

Duraframe300 is barking up the wrong tree, but hey that's his choice. Who DIDN'T vote to lynch someone last night? They were either trying not to make enemies or slackers. Either way, they should go. The killers got two of them leaving Spigot. That could make him suspect or it could mean the killers will get him next. Nevill I could support any of your three choices at this stage.

Grimgravy, I accused taxalot yesterday.

it's a 59 hour day and in the type I take typing up my post everyone decides to kill me? could have at least let me make a few points first.

Nevill

Arcane
then I think there's a couple of others that are not getting much attention, in duraframe and grimgravy, who are worth further investigating.
I would agree on Duraframe. However, we have no one to investigate him. :(

could have at least let me make a few points first.
No problem. We are listening.

Edit: I will revoke my vote for the time being. I didn't know the post was in the making when I voted.

See, this is why I urge everyone to post more often. :M

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Sorry. It wasn't in the spreadsheet posted, so I missed it. I'm open to removing / changing my vote.

Duraframe300

Arcane

Edit: I will revoke my vote for the time being. I didn't know the post was in the making when I voted.

Oi, thanks.

Don't have much to say to my defence. I'm european (time zone) and am currently invested in Xenoblade Chronicles X, a jrpg. Which is why I don't post often.

Last edited:

was asleep. and I find it interesting that some people are more interested in lynching those whose participation they find lacking (see excomm [may he forever rest in peace] and the post-lynching justifications about how it was his fault for not posting more), as if punishing inattentiveness is the aim of the game, rather than stopping the killers. funnily enough, hoaxmetal was perhaps the least active, and he also didn't last long.

as an aside, I don't buy into your "people who post lots must be innocent" theory Nevill because having read however many CYOAs on this forum I know you would be posting a shitload regardless of your role, it's just what you do.

Nevill

Arcane
I find it interesting that some people are more interested in lynching those whose participation they find lacking
It is customary for these type of games to kill lurkers. They are serving as cover for the killers. You can't guess who they are because they simply won't talk, so you don't know if they are guilty or innocent until they are murdered or detective pays them a visit, wasting his precious time.

If you refrained from lynching them on those grounds, all the mafia needs to do is to keep silent and they would be untouchable. Thus, the ones who do so are killed. They are either criminals or unwitting shields for them.

The goal of the game is to corner the killers through their own lies. If there is no activity and no back and forth bickering, there is no game. So it comes with the territory.

Excom could have saved himself with a single post, but he didn't (because he was asleep). Normally the game allows one to speak in his defence, but as we've seen it does not always account for timezones.

I don't buy into your "people who post lots must be innocent" theory Nevill because having read however many CYOAs on this forum I know you would be posting a shitload regardless of your role, it's just what you do.
Perhaps. Or perhaps I would be more careful. Or perhaps I would be posting different things.

I took upon the role of the detective even before we killed the real one. That's quite a risky thing to do, as it invites attention both from the killers and from the original detective. And that's not what you usually want to do as a killer. I know our detective is dead, and there is no one to verify my words, but it is logical, no?

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Talky doesn't mean innocent in my book. But, time zones aside, if you're not going to talk much at all, why bother signing up? Heading to bed now. Don't gang up to kill me. Let the killers do that!

Nevill

Arcane
Fine.

I VOTE TO HANG Jim the Dinosaur.

He has been too quiet lately, and I wanted to have him checked back in the first day anyway.

I'd be voting for the Corporate Jew Master, but it seems he was asleep for 7 hours during which the killer killed Hoaxmetal with a pillow. He could be responsible for the death of Tigranes, but I find it unlikely that the murderers didn't act in a coordinated manner.

I urge all innocents to come to a decision. If we don't hang someone, we will have 4 innocents and 2 killers tomorrow (only winnable if we hang one of the killers, else we lose). If we do, we'll have either 3 innocents and 2 killers (still winnable if we hang a killer), or 4 innocents and 1 killer. Inaction won't save us.

I suggest we start hanging the lurkers, if only to have a smaller pool of people to observe. And if we get the murderer, all the better.

Last edited:
feels like 59 hours is just too long, i don't know if some people don't care or are just waiting for the last few hours but it creates too much dead time. after checking in throughout the day to find nothing happening I'm coming around to your way of thinking. i'll have a look in the morning (would be around the 36 hour mark, which seems like a better time limit) and if there's been no developments I'll get my lynching hat on and join the accusations.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I VOTE TO HANG Jim the Dinosaur

This vote ONLY counts if a last one is needed for hanging. I personally have severe doubts he is a killer.

(As in I don't have the gut feeling I had about excommunicator. And something was up with him, even if it was in the wrong direction)

Last edited:
yeah, lynch the guy who's obviously the most sane of you all, while Nevill types unhinged post after post on his blood (and semen?) stained keyboard barely able to see the monitor behind jar after jar of poorly preserved human organs (and semen?).

BUT GO RIGHT AHEAD FELLAS

sheesh

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Current votes (threshhold is 4, correct?)
Spigot: corporate jew master,nevil, me
Jim the dimosaur: nevil, taxalot, duraframe
Grimgravy(me): duraframe
Nevil: Viata
Viata: nevil

Not lynching someone is silly, so I'll vote to make sure someone is finished off. (currently only Jim the Dinosaur is there for me to push over the threshhold.) I've got about 1.5 hours before work for more options to be presented.

Last edited:

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Ok. Work approaches. Let's spice things up.

I ACCUSE Viata
I ACCUSE Nevill

Spigot: corporate jew master,nevil, me
Jim the dimosaur: nevil, taxalot, duraframe
Grimgravy(me): duraframe
Nevil: Viata, me
Viata: nevil, me

Mr. Pink if people don't step up to put someone over the lynch threshhold, I ACCUSE Jim the Dinosaur so someone gets it.

The quiet ones need to let the accusations fly! Later peeps!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom