Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

RPGMaster

Savant
Behold the mind of a madman:

1vIS8.png

LOL he basically wrote "Rip off First Matrix".

More like Matrix 3! :brofist:

What provoked this? What's so controversial about the app?

RPGMaster

Savant
I'm surprised Mac Walters doesn't have a wikipedia page. It would be filled with glorious vandalism butthurt truth now.

Black

Arcane
Don't know about you guys, but I'm having a blast. Haven't laughed like this for ages.

tumblr_m0xv0pUuOa1r9s8cbo1_500.jpg

Ouch, I kinda feel bad for that twitter guy. I suspect he had nothing to do with the game, just trying to play nicely on twitter. No end of rhines, no LOCKDOWNS. Poor guy.

CrustyBot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012

What provoked this? What's so controversial about the app?

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/355/index/9999272

So Geoff Keighley (the guy who is the host of Spike Tv's GTTV) released an iPad app called Mass Effect 3: The Final Hours (which you can find here: http://t.co/6GvlZqQg).

Here's the official website: ME3 The Final Hours

It supposedly has insider information on scrapped parts of the game, interviews with bioware staff over some of the moments in the game, and never before seen art work (which was also scrapped). I just bought the app and hope to update you guys later on, with any interesting news from the app.

Mac Walters on the Star Child/Reapers
"Originally, with the catalyst, the star child at the end of the game, I had written that much more in the guise of a investigative style conversation, where there is something he tells you but then, you get to ask a bunch of questions and you get your questions answered. But then me and Casey talked and decided, lets keep the conversation "High level". Give you the details that you need to know, but don't get into the stuff that you don't need to know. Like "How long have they been reaping?" You don't need to know the answers to the mass effect universe. So we intentionally left those out"​

Casey on after Mass Effect 3
"Whatever we do would likely happen before or during the events of Mass Effect 3, not after"​

On delaying the game
In march 2011, he also faced a roomful of Mass Effect developers who expressed concern about hitting the promised holiday release date... New release date set for March 2012. After much deliberation, the CAT mission (or rather, the Prothean mission) had to be removed from the set of tasks. The missions would later be completed as post-release content"​

Casey on the End Boss
'We had the final fight with the Illusive man in the game, but it just felt very Video Gamey. It didnt fit in with the themes. And really, is there a point of the end boss if only for the sake of an end boss?'​

The article also states 'Although art was created for this sequence, it was ultimately dropped because it felt too predictable to end the series on a massive boss battle.'​

On Tali's Face
We eventually decided that she gives you a memento of her pictures, but the team was throwing around a lot of pictures and designs until we decided on something and said "Yup, that's her".​

On Deciding the End of the Game
The illusive man boss fight had been scrapped... but there was still much debate. 'One night walters scribbled down some thought on various ways the game could end with the line "Lots of speculation for Everyone!" at the bottom of the page.'​

In truth the final bits of dialogue were debated right up until the end of 2011. Martin sheen's voice-over session for the illusive man, originally scheduled for August, was delayed until mid-November so the writers would have more time to finesse the ending.​

And even in November the gameplay team was still experimenting with an endgame sequence where players would suddenly lose control of Shepard's movement and fall under full reaper control. (This sequence was dropped because the gaemplay mechanic proved too troublesome to implement alongside dialogue choices).​

Man, Mass Effect 3 is bringing so much :incline: .

Hegel

Arcane
Or
+ The biggest butthurt in the whole history of Bioware.
+ Double Fine's adventure game
+ Wasteland 2
+ BG remake (be optimistic bros)

2012 - the year of :incline:

The world truly ends this year.

Wasteland 2 getting funded as a turn based game makes me wonder.

Or maybe I'm already dead because I was too slow catching that last plane after all.

Or it's like an occurance at owl creek and the last year is just made up crap as my brain dies.
Or you could have been indoctrinated, stay away from children or resized adults for the matter, you shall be fine.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So Bioware's fans are frantic for some explanation about what the ending to ME3 was really all about. They delved into the game and came up with a few plausable explanations that Bioware could use for a "true ending" DLC that many Biodrones would happily buy. What does Bioware decide to do? Release a bunch of behind the scenes documents that prove they have no plans to change the ending and it really is just a clusterfuck of bad writing.
Well played, Bioware.

Tehdagah

Arcane
'We had the final fight with the Illusive man in the game, but it just felt very Video Gamey. It didnt fit in with the themes. And really, is there a point of the end boss if only for the sake of an end boss?'
This must be a joke... :roll:

CROmagnon

Augur
Can Bioware recover from this? Has ITZ come to them?

Sure, ME3 is going to sell enough to make money, but the disgrace of this is going to have a lasting impact. First they fuck up with DA2 then the Hamburger Helper incindent, TOR makes money now but isn't too stellar, they piss off alot of people with the Brothean DLC and now the true scale of their incompetence comes to light. Shit was just getting compounded layer after layer and now they are buried under a mountain of it.

I just don't see how their future sales can't sink, especially with PR geniuses like Pristely and Roo in charge of relations with fans.

Angthoron

Arcane
BioWare should follow smart companies' suit and "crowdsource" an alternative ending DLC for ME3.

skuphundaku

Economic devastator, Mk. 11
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2 My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ok bros - anyone of you has got a seve with EXTREME (Renegade) Shepard (ok, ok may be Paragon) that meets the following conditions:

* Wrex lives
* Maelon Data Saved
* Geth reprogrammed
* Tali reconciled with Legion.

I ask because am about to replay this "pearl" and I wonder how much the story (i.e. pointless fluff) changes with those items on the list checked.

EDIT: If there is some noble soul who spares me his saves, could he upload the entire save folder, and not one save file. It appears ME3 won't acknowledge a single file during export - it doesn't even show it on the screen... unless I am missing something.
Try to find something here: http://www.masseffect2saves.com/show_saves.php?g=Male&a=Paragon&r=Liara . I know for a fact that Matthew Shepard matches that description because I've used him.

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
This is a great thing to wake up to. By the way, wouldn't that journalist guy be authorized to release the app by EA/Bioware? I can't see EA, for one, allowing people to get away with charging for behind the scenes stuff without their approval and a cut of the money. If that's the case, Priestly's being dishonest by deflecting all the blame. It's not like the fella snuck into Canada and stole all of their SUPER SEKRIT NOTES.

dumuh

Educated
This is a great thing to wake up to. By the way, wouldn't that journalist guy be authorized to release the app by EA/Bioware? I can't see EA, for one, allowing people to get away with charging for behind the scenes stuff without their approval and a cut of the money. If that's the case, Priestly's being dishonest by deflecting all the blame. It's not like the fella snuck into Canada and stole all of their SUPER SEKRIT NOTES.
Priestly doesn't understand the concept of copyright and IP. He thinks editing a .bin file is equivalent to pirating, so it isn't surprising that he has no clue what's going on with anything that doesn't involve food.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Priestly doesn't understand the concept of copyright and IP. He thinks editing a .bin file is equivalent to pirating, so it isn't surprising that he has no clue what's going on with anything that doesn't involve food.
If he had any idea of what goes on with food, he wouldn't have half of his current size.

dumuh

Educated
If he had any idea of what goes on with food, he wouldn't have half of his current size.
He's just made a calculated C&C decision. He likes food more than he likes having a social life.

Mrowak

Arcane
Project: Eternity
EDIT: If there is some noble soul who spares me his saves, could he upload the entire save folder, and not one save file. It appears ME3 won't acknowledge a single file during export - it doesn't even show it on the screen... unless I am missing something.

It does acknowledge a single quicksave file, that much I can tell you. You just have to create a folder entitled "Eve_30_Vanguard_230110" (or something like that :p) inside your Mass Effect 2 saves folder.

I tried that, but it just doesn't see the saves. Now worries, I've figured things out. :bro:

Just use this : http://social.bioware.com/project/4373/#files

to tweak a save to your liking.

Thanks brah. Now I won't have to replay through ME1 to see the "consequences". :lol:. Anyway, it works like a charm. :bro:

The only important thing is - you need to give it administrative rights in Win 7 to make it work.

Try to find something here: http://www.masseffect2saves.com/show_saves.php?g=Male&a=Paragon&r=Liara . I know for a fact that Matthew Shepard matches that description because I've used him.

No need. For the future I advise using the save mod Jaedar linked. Regardless, thanks for advice. :bro:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom