Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Lord Of The Rings: Gollum - stealth action game by Daedalic

Well the events of LOTR are largely tied to several aspects of Gollum's life. I wonder if we're getting Smeagol scenes or not. Don't think so, but it could be a nice feature to have.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
You are Deadalic, a company known for 2D adventure games. For some reason you get the license to make a LOTR games.

You have two options:
- You hire some of the best 2D fantasy artists available in order to make the most visually appealing LOTR 2D adventure game possible.
- You hire some of the worst 3D artists available in order to make a janky stealth game about a goblin.

Pick one.
TBH, it's not like Gollum isn't ripe ground for a good adventure game.

Dude gets to involve himself with both the good guys and bad while struggling to escape from both with his own agenda. Lot's of territory for such a game and the genre can allow you to skip easily across large distances to focus on the crucial parts that would mesh well with adventure gameplay.

Stealth Gollum game sounds good, but it'll quickly get repetitive unless it becomes a baby-eating simulator as we focus on Gollum's darker side as he survives.

I'm sure in the 90s somebody could have made a great Gollum game, but in the age of decline and faggotry? I'm just expecting mediocrity here.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
You are Deadalic, a company known for 2D adventure games. For some reason you get the license to make a LOTR games.

You have two options:
- You hire some of the best 2D fantasy artists available in order to make the most visually appealing LOTR 2D adventure game possible.
- You hire some of the worst 3D artists available in order to make a janky stealth game about a goblin.

Pick one.
TBH, it's not like Gollum isn't ripe ground for a good adventure game.

Dude gets to involve himself with both the good guys and bad while struggling to escape from both with his own agenda. Lot's of territory for such a game and the genre can allow you to skip easily across large distances to focus on the crucial parts that would mesh well with adventure gameplay.

Stealth Gollum game sounds good, but it'll quickly get repetitive unless it becomes a baby-eating simulator as we focus on Gollum's darker side as he survives.

I'm sure in the 90s somebody could have made a great Gollum game, but in the age of decline and faggotry? I'm just expecting mediocrity here.
The game would have been like Chuck Rock or something.

Hagashager

Educated
I am expecting Styx reskinned to golum, so pretty good game.
My thoughts exactly, they should do this. Styx is a great game, one of the only stealth-action games I ever enjoyed, and Gollum is literally the inspiration for most if not all "conniving, skulking, underdog goblinoid protagonists" which Styx is.

EDIT: I'm very late to this party apparently. Game doesn't look like much at all.

Also, I agree with above poster, LOTR doesn't lend itself to games.

Cassar

Savant
01vtkv.JPG

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It got removed
Oh well the game will come out tomorrow so not a great loss
The impression is that the game is 10 hours of janky platforming and shit stealth sections interconnected by long cutscenes

1684876043918679.png

1684876757070192.jpg

1684885779781911.jpg

1684877659178699.png

1684877664198828.jpg

1684885571560008.jpg

1684885981743217.jpg

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom