Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Inquisitor - alternate timeline where Jesus came off the cross and killed the non-believers

9ted6

Educated
So how much are we betting that an African woman appears at some point to tell the MC how evil his church is, and that's the moment he starts doubting his job?

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Witcher was a fine action rpg based on a pretty good series of books. It also looked nice for its time (despite using a modified aurora engine).

This will be action adventure based on mediocre series of books and visually several generations back.

Might be a tough sell in Q4 2023 between the likes of Phantom Liberty and Starfield.

9ted6

Educated
Is this islamic Witcher?
More like ultra-Orthodox Christian ("kill them all, the God will sort them out" style).
I meant it more on the theological side of "well you see Jesus is just a human and he didn't actually die on the cross". We see this fanfiction all the time in islamic and modern agnostic/atheist media.
This is more like "well he's real but he's evil". Which you see a lot less of given agnostic/atheist media usually says Jesus was a 0th century progressive redditor, but it still lines up with Christians = bad.

Harthwain

Magister
I meant it more on the theological side of "well you see Jesus is just a human and he didn't actually die on the cross". We see this fanfiction all the time in islamic and modern agnostic/atheist media.
I see. In this case Jesus wasn't human when he broke the Cross. He either decided to punish the heathens and establish His Kingdom on Earth (by single-handedly destroying the Roman Empire and killing the last Roman Emperor), as the Doctrine states. Or he actually died and the Beast took over his body and created a crooked version of Christianity, which is what the books seem to allude to.

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Be the ultimate Holy Judge of the Demo - The Inquisitor
Be the ultimate Holy Judge and Jury of the Demo and take your first steps into the Unworld.

The Inquisitor will have a demo, launching today and ending alongside the official Steam Next Fest on the 16th of October.

cb2aab698e2c97cba0b665ccb5df932c302a1a2a.jpg

The Inquisitor, which was recently shown exclusively to press at Gamescom, now has a playable demo where you will meet the titular inquisitor, Mordimer Madderdin, for the first time. You will see the harbour and marketplace within Koenigstein, and investigate the rumours of a vampire among the citizens. You will also meet compelling characters, participate in the Grand Tournament within the city, and witness the enigmatic Unworld, where the truth can be pieced together from shards of memories . The Inquisitor is coming soon to Steam, Xbox Series X|S, Windows PC, and PlayStation 5.

The Inquisitor Features
  • Be the ultimate Holy Judge and Jury: Your role as an Inquisitor is to maintain order and enforce the faith in God. But the world is full of sinners who have lost their way. Decide the fates of those you judge in multiple story-driven cases and missions. This is a world where morality and what is right have long strayed from each other. So, will you show mercy or undying belief in The Holy Law?
  • A morally tainted, non-linear tale: This is a dark and gritty story centered around a religion preaching revenge and violence. Multiple branching story choices will test your morality. Choose your path and decide what kind of Inquisitor you will be - one of pity or one of retribution - and ultimately what mark you will leave on this world.
  • Enlightened sleuthing: Mordimer has unique skills and abilities that allow him to solve the various crimes and mysteries that have befallen Koenigstein. Track down and interrogate suspects. Discover the hidden truths of the city and its inhabitants. Piece together the evidence and make your final judgments.
  • Delve into the Unworld: Unbeknownst to those around him, Mordimer has the ability to enter the mysterious Unworld. There he can discover the deeper secrets that suspects have tried to hide in their souls. But there is a grave risk when venturing into this world and the dark force which reigns supreme here will do everything it can to destroy you for stepping foot into its realm.
  • Persuasive interrogations: The 1500’s remain a cruel era of justice. As an Inquisitor, you have free rein to use whatever methods and tools deemed necessary to persuade suspects to reveal ‘the truth’. These optional interrogations date back to the times of the real Inquisition and it’s up to you to decide if and how much force to apply to those under your investigation.
  • Let your sword do the talking: Sometimes a tongue just needs to be cut right out in order to loosen it. A full sword-based combat system means various cases will let or even require you to use brute force. Master your blade, find your openings, and use your enemy’s weak points against them.

laclongquan

Arcane
If it's a lesser known game with minor popularity nobody would bother it.
But if it's sold well, and have some (not even much) popularity, the religious crowd will kill it the next day~
Gaming is a weird media compared to novels, movies, or music.
Anyone remember the silly invisichildren patch the German need for their games?

Gerrard

Arcane
The performance in the demo is fucked, I get the same (awful) FPS no matter what settings I use, zero difference between high and low presets.

Last edited:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
lol its ugly. And makes my rig loud for no reason, even inside menu.
Still booted it, quickly came up quicktime chase. Then it hit me. WHy am i not playing house of the dead instead? I think that was the name

Gerrard

Arcane
The environments are serviceable, but character models and animations are quite prosperous.
Seems like the texture setting doesn't even do anything, at least for me, most of my textures are blurry as fuck but changing the setting doesn't have any effect.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
The environments are serviceable, but character models and animations are quite prosperous.
Seems like the texture setting doesn't even do anything, at least for me, most of my textures are blurry as fuck but changing the setting doesn't have any effect.
Ok, so it's butt-ugly. We kind of knew it from the previous presentations. But how is the gameplay?

Gerrard

Arcane
Ok, so it's butt-ugly. We kind of knew it from the previous presentations. But how is the gameplay?
So far seems like a budget Witcher 3, there's choices in dialogues that lead to different outcomes, but no way to say whether or not they actually have serious effect on what happens down the line. For example, you can have the mask merchant arrested or not, but it doesn't make any difference at the present point. I think there's some kind of alignment mechanic that depends on your choices too, but the game doesn't mention it. There seem to be some minor events you can miss also.
You have stuff like eavesdropping and examining a body in the demo, but both of these tell you how many clues you can find so I don't think it's possible to somehow fuck up, unless you're later expected to come to your own conclusions. There's the witcher sense too that cheapens the whole thing though. Oh yeah and shitty QTEs.
There's no saving in the demo and my game crashed while leaving the inn so I don't know if that was the end of it.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
So far seems like a budget Witcher 3, there's choices in dialogues that lead to different outcomes, but no way to say whether or not they actually have serious effect on what happens down the line. For example, you can have the mask merchant arrested or not, but it doesn't make any difference at the present point. I think there's some kind of alignment mechanic that depends on your choices too, but the game doesn't mention it. There seem to be some minor events you can miss also.
You have stuff like eavesdropping and examining a body in the demo, but both of these tell you how many clues you can find so I don't think it's possible to somehow fuck up, unless you're later expected to come to your own conclusions. There's the witcher sense too that cheapens the whole thing though. Oh yeah and shitty QTEs.
There's no saving in the demo and my game crashed while leaving the inn so I don't know if that was the end of it.
but do you murder shit

Sunri

Liturgist
Inquisitor shouldnt be about combat most of the time in the books, he avoids it if he can

Gerrard

Arcane
They released an update to the demo and the performance is a bit improved, still not good enough though.

This is coming out on Steam today. I'm not looking forward to the QTEs and stealth segments--although they're supposed to be pretty easy--but the setting and the crime scene investigation should be fun. For my debased taste, anyway. Diehard Codexers will probably be appalled.

ADL

Prophet
Well that snuck up on me. It's out (on consoles, three hours on Steam)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom