Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
New weekly Indie Humble bundle - The Focus Home Interactive 2 bundle.

For a buck:

Mars: War Logs
Space Run
Pix the Cat
Yesterday
Final Exam

BTA (currently $5.40)

Wargame: European Escalation
Contrast (Collector's Edition)
Game of Thrones
Cities XL Platinum
Bound by Flame
Etherium

Pay $15+ to unlock:

Farming Simulator 2013 Titanium Edition
Of Orcs and Men
Cities XXL
Blood Bowl: Chaos Edition
Styx: Master of Shadows

Pay $40 or more to get the Focus Selection Pack (Dec 2015 Edition) which includes all of the above as well as:

Another World: 20th Anniversary Edition
Faery - Legends of Avalon
Farming Simulator 2013 - Classics
Farming Simulator 2013 - Titanium Expanion (???)
Final Exam
Pro Cycling Manager 2015
R.A.W. Realms of Ancient War
Runaway: A Road Adventure
Runaway: A Dream of the Turtle

The Focus Selection Pack is going for $130 on Steam, and the combined value of all the titles is almost $400, so it's more than 90% off for $40.

Steam keys only, and only ONE Steam key for the entire Focus Selection Pack.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Mars: War Logs?
624316-mars-war-logs-windows-screenshot-the-first-adversary-you-encounter.png

Yeah, I remember.

Would get bundle for this game alone. Never played any Spider's games beside Loki, in times where eveyone including your mother wanted to make Diablo2 killer.

Pity that Styx is behind $15 bucks wall, cause game is better than Thi4f that everyone forgot week after release.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
$1 tier is solid. Only $5+ tier game that somewhat interests me is Bound By Flame and I heard it's pretty crappy.

pippin

Gameplay is just average, but combat is ok, especially considering there's no trash mobs and every fight happens for a reason.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The best part of the Mars War Logs is the beginning in the prison. After that you see that devs didn't had much money and you need to move through a couple of locations where the enemies respawn and must fight them over and over again. I finished it, but don't feel like replaying anytime soon. Game of Thrones is good if you are a storyfag and like the setting. Bound by Flame has a ridiculous end boss who will stomp on you like an ant.

Martius

Liturgist
I think so far its lowest price for Bound by Flame so its good deal if someone is interested (with other games as bonus). Too bad near the end there are some stupid things like one of previous becoming re spawning thrash mob. Last boss is pretty much broken, good luck if you will even think about fair fight (at least on normal difficult, maybe on easy its actually doable for normal human being). I dont mind hard fights but there is fine difference between hard but fair and impossibly hard.
At least there is option to make 40 traps and lay them in one place. Sounds idiotic but its probably best tactic.

Atomkilla

Arcane
I'm thinking of giving this Humble Monthly thing a try. What do you guys think? It's 10,80$ for the first month.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
If you think Alien Isolation is worth the asking price. But hey, if you're third worldian or relative to Metro its prob too expensive for you.

kazgar

Arcane
https://www.humblebundle.com/

Ubishit bundle:

Pay what you want ($1 USD min for keys):
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger (Steam)
Grow Home (Steam)
Rayman Origins (Uplay)

Beat the average to get: (More games coming next week)

Far Cry 3 (Uplay)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell® Blacklist (Uplay)
Assassin’s Creed Chronicles: China (Uplay)

Pay $15 USD or more to unlock:
Assassin's Creed Rogue (Uplay)
The Crew (Uplay)

Pay $75 USD or more to unlock:

Tom Clancy's The Division Pre-Order (Uplay)
Exclusive Tom Clancy's The Division T-shirt
66% off up to any three Ubisoft titles in the Humble Store coupon *
(excludes pre-orders, The Division, Rainbow 6 Siege, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, and Anno 2205)

Remember reading some good stuff about Call of Juarez? Worth a buck?

Don't really do uplay so the rest is rubbish.

pippin

Wasn't Gunslinger supposed to be a rather fun arcadey shooter? That's what I remember right now.

kazgar

Arcane
Gayman Origins is fun too, sadly no steam but uplay faggotry

still, 1 buck for Gunslinger? count me in (will wait for upcoming additional tier 2 stuff thought)

Isn't it if you spend the buck now you lock in the BTA price for now? waiting a week for tier 2 will probably mean a higher BTA?

Telengard

Arcane
I'm thinking of giving this Humble Monthly thing a try. What do you guys think? It's 10,80$ for the first month.
Grab bags are never worth it in the long run. They're actually a basic gambling, relying on sunk costs and hope to keep the suckers purchasers buying. You buy blind, and then the big reveal comes and you look for reasons to justify money already spent, rather than examining something you haven't bought and weighting the cost and benefits first. But there's always the hope that this time you'll get a good deal out of it. And once in a while, you will get that good deal. But you'll end up buying 50 grab bags for every one that is a good deal on something you actually wanted. Add up all the money you spend getting that one good deal, and you'd probably save money buying the exact things you wanted at full price.

Then again, you could be one of the lucky ones and get exactly what you want, first try. And then if you immediately stop buying, you win. That's gambling for ya.

pippin

The problem with the Humble Monthly is that they don't really have exclusive games, that is, most of the stuff they offer has already been bundled, even in their own site.

Markman

da Blitz master
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Really? When was Alien Isolation bundled?
Or Thalos last month?
Most of the monthly games have never been bundled.

In the end, its $2/game=$12/bundle. If thats a world for you then avoid.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Wasn't Gunslinger supposed to be a rather fun arcadey shooter? That's what I remember right now.
Yes it is.
Me and few codexers from similair thread might confirm it.
That thread...iirc it was about decline of FPS genre, and CoJ Gunslinger was example of recent good one. So totaly worth single buck.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Gunslinger was a fun game, but for me it wasn't so much as for the shooter-mechanics, but the narration - you couldn't really trust the person telling the story, and you were just playing out the scenes he was narrating - so there are moments where he would go back on his words. For example, he would say something like "did I say a couple of bandits ? No, there were Indians, and a whole lot of 'em" and and that moment you had to redo a bit, battling the big group of Indians instead of bandits.

I didn't like the last past with the cemetery, and I didn't like the skill/upgrades mechanics at all. But for a $ it's sure worth it.

Martius

Liturgist
Rayman Origins is for sure worth at least that one dollar if someone like 2d platformers and can stand uplay. Maybe Far Cry 3 is worth few dollars more since Blood Dragon was decent.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom