Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

1$
Arma II
Take on Helicopters
Ufo: Afterlight
Alpha Prime
Arma: Gold Edition
Arma: Tactics

6$
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
Arma II Operation Arrowhead
Arma II DayZ Mod

Suprised that ARMA Tactics went into bundle fodder in what, 4 months?
Propably too late to buy Arrowhead for DayZ but whatever, I'm not MP games fan.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I love how you have to pay $6 to get something which is free anyway.

Wasteland 2
It is presented that way to both, advertise the bundle with DayZ and to make it sure that newcomers don't miss that DayZ mod requires Arrowhead in addition to the base game.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Maybe it got easier installation? Like "click & download" or something.
And why there is Afterlight? It's cool game but srsly... where it come from?

Wasteland 2
Maybe it got easier installation? Like "click & download" or something.
And why there is Afterlight? It's cool game but srsly... where it come from?

These are steam codes, it adds DayZ mod to your steam library.
BiS accuired few smaller Czech studios, among them Afterlight devs.

Last edited:

Baron Dupek

Arcane
http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/kingdoms-bundle/
- Europa Universalis III Complete
- Sword of the Stars Complete Collection
- Hearts of Iron III
- Europa Universalis: Rome Gold Edition
- The Kings’ Crusade
- Magicka
2,65€

Winter still not coming but whatever.
Also - saw other bundles and spotted missing UFO game, heard that's fun with some mod.

Last edited:

FuelBlooded

Scholar
Is Alpha Prime worth playing from the humble weekly? Except for Arma I and II and UFO, everything seems shit.

Caim

Arcane
I've seen Deadly Premonition described as Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill meets The Sims, done hilariously over the top in such a way you cannot stop watching it. Is that accurate?

Angthoron

Arcane
I've seen Deadly Premonition described as Twin Peaks meets Silent Hill meets The Sims, done hilariously over the top in such a way you cannot stop watching it. Is that accurate?
Yes.

There's just one issue with it - publisher-dictated combat. They demanded combat or GTFO, so a small-ish dev team had to rush-add a bunch of that. It's generic, and it's grindy, and the controls suck dicks for it.

However, it's a pretty batshit game, and the main cast does grow on you. They actually have decent backgrounds and archs as well. If you want, look up the LP by supergreatfriend at LP Archive, it's hours of awesome entertainment. I basically bought the PC version as a thanks for the fun I got out of following the LP. Some day, I'll play the game as well, myself. Some day... When my massive backlog clears up, and I've finished D: OS in single and co-op about seven times. And then all the other KS stuff. And things. Yeah. One day.

sexbad?

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
It is Twin Peaks done by anime loving retards who don't know how to design third-person shooters or films instead of the master filmmakers and writers and actors involved in the television program.

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
Yes.

There's just one issue with it - publisher-dictated combat. They demanded combat or GTFO, so a small-ish dev team had to rush-add a bunch of that. It's generic, and it's grindy, and the controls suck dicks for it.
at least it's not as shitty as the combat in rule of rose... and there is also the issue of the pc port of dp crashing like hell and being a shitty port overall

Angthoron

Arcane
Yes.

at least it's not as shitty as the combat in rule of rose... and there is also the issue of the pc port of dp crashing like hell and being a shitty port overall
Didn't some modder fix it?

Servo

Arcane
So is Arma 1 and 2 worth $1? I heard it was buggy as hell five years after release.

Also, is it anything like the old Rainbow Six games?

Kitako

Arcane
Bundle Stars has some good games for good prices. Cut and paste:

Take advantage of these amazing price cuts while they last!
  • Cities in Motion 2 - $5.00 (75% off) - more info
  • Omerta: City of Gangsters - $10.00 (75% off) - more info
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition - $2.50 (75% off) - more info
  • Sengoku - $2.00 (80% off) - more info
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition - $3.25 (75% off) - more info
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane - $4.00 (80% off) - more info
  • Crusader Kings Complete - $2.00 (80% off) - more info
Grab BIG savings on the awesome Mount & Blade hack & slash/role-playing games!
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword - $1.50(85% OFF)-more info
  • Mount & Blade: Warband - $3.00(85% OFF)-more info
  • Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars DLC - $1.50 (85% OFF)-more info
Don't forget these are all LIMITED TIME deals, and there are plenty more games on offer right now at the Bundle Stars Store.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom