Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Indie Bundle Mega Thread

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Two Worlds 1 is one of the worst games I've ever played. Ever. Two Worlds 2 is OK, though. It has some of the best ideas of Two Worlds 1 (its unique crafting system, for example), but it's better looking and has way better combat. It's a bit like Risen, only with a larger open world and not as good writing (not that Risen has good writing, but Two Worlds 2 is even worse).

That said, there's really nothing special about it, other than its vaguely Arabian desert setting. So I don't understand why anyone would play Two Worlds 2 when there are so many other better open world games. But it's probably worth playing if you have no money, have a shitty older computer, or have already played all the Risens and Gothics and Dragon's Dogma and Dark Souls and all the much better ARPGs on the market.

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Two Worlds 2 has a semi-interesting spell system but that's about it. The world is hyper-generic and I uninstalled after a few hours.

pippin

Uh, is Two Worlds 2 (including DLC) worth 1 $CURRENCY$?

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/game/two-worlds-ii-velvet-edition

There is remaster coming somewhere in next two years. Maybe it will be free for current owners?
Still - better to get this thing from GOG and not deal with TopwareDRM or whatever that installation limiting shit is called...
Ah yes, I wondered about WTF is this:
Please note: Incorporates 3rd-party DRM: Reality Pump

Thanks for opinions, I'll pass!

Reality Pump DRM is effectively an installation limit drm, but the limits of said limit, if you excuse my reiteration, are a bit blurry. In the case of Two Worlds 1, you register the game and get a very ugly shield as a reward (which you have to summon via console commands or something like that, it's that kind of game). The response was almost instantaneous when I submitted my request for my Steam copy of TW1, so they are still "working", although it could have been a bot...
Go for gog. It barely goes for sale, but it's free of the DRM crap.

I have a weird feeling about this game (tw1). I know it's rather dumb and clunky, but it really has a special feel to it. You can upgrade your stuff by collecting several "copies" of it, and also it has no level scaling that I know of, and if it's there, it's not really noticeable, this means that if you fight strong enemies they WILL kill you, evn if you're somewhat prepared. The world is huge ad there's plenty of factions, but it's very likely that you'll end up being liked by all of them without even meeting them. I dunno, It's like a highschooler version of Gothic, which got killed by a mediocre XBOX port and an unreasonable marketing campaign which hailed it as an Oblivion killer. It was a weird european company trying to compete against Bethesda, and it went as you might have expected.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
I remember Two Worlds 1 for being my cure after experiencing Oblivion, herald of decline. Pity it had bad console port (after all it was Europe where they weren't that popular) cause walking'n'whacking stuff would fit here perfectly.
Yes,
marketing campaign which hailed it as an Oblivion killer
it was, for me and maybe other peopel who hide this fact from Beth fanboys and casuals who might call them haters.

Gord

Arcane
So far I've only bought the Monthly for XCOM2 and paused since (Warhammer had me interested, but then I realized I would probably play it for 1 hour and forget about it again).
Looking at the content of past Monthlys and what has been in there recently, I get the feeling that its best days are over - unless you are interested in the revealed game, there doesn't seem to be much sense in buying.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Recently it's been a lot of 2deep4u shit. Only ones I think I bought where the Mad Max and Dragon's Dogma bundles. In both cases I was mostly disappointed with the rest of the included games. There has been only one I sort of 'regret' not getting in on but I had zero interest in the headline game.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So far I've only bought the Monthly for XCOM2 and paused since (Warhammer had me interested, but then I realized I would probably play it for 1 hour and forget about it again).
Looking at the content of past Monthlys and what has been in there recently, I get the feeling that its best days are over - unless you are interested in the revealed game, there doesn't seem to be much sense in buying.
I think you shouldn't ever (and not in the past either) buy into a monthly, unless you think you'll like the already revealed game enough to justify the 12 dollars.

I subscribed to

Stick of Truth+This War of Mine (of the revealed games, Renoved Explorers looks promising, someone said it's great, even?)
Stardew Valley (Styx, Rebel Galaxy and Broforce are keepers of the hidden games)
Dragon's Dogma (keeping Mordheim and The Flame in the Flood)

bundles

and forgot to cancel Vermintide (which could have gone worse, I guess Project Cars is as good racing game as any, and perhaps Jotun might be worth keeping).

So that's 12-13 games for 48 dollars, I'm satisfied with the avg. price

Don Peste

Arcane
ohia5_v3_256.png
coffee1_v2_256.png
fynbos_01_256.png
26WFFpp5D&F%20sale%201140x335_v4_1140_KR.jpg
https://store.na.square-enix.com/discovery-and-friends-sale

With each digital bundle purchase, you will also receive 10 additional Square Enix Online Store codes for the same bundle you purchased to share with your friends. In order to redeem the Square Enix Online Store codes, your friends need to create a Square Enix Online Store account (registration is free) and apply the promo code when checking out.

Gold Tier: ($18)
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
  • Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
  • Conflict: Denied Ops
  • Gyromancer
  • Quantum Conundrum

Silver Tier: ($10)
  • Hitman: Contracts
  • Hitman: Codename 47
  • Thief: The Dark Project - Gold
  • Thief III: Deadly Shadows
  • Battlestations: Midway
  • Daikatana
  • Deathtrap Dungeon
  • Startopia

Bronze Tier: ($5)
  • Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days
  • Thief II: The Metal Age
  • Project: Snowblind
  • Order of War
  • Scarygirl
  • Urban Chaos
  • Pandemonium!

Buy 1 Tier (single Steam key, not individual keys), get 10 extra keys for your "friends".
Steam keys are region free, but you need an:kwafuckyeah: IP to buy at the Square Store.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
I think you shouldn't ever (and not in the past either) buy into a monthly, unless you think you'll like the already revealed game enough to justify the 12 dollars.

I subscribed to

Stick of Truth+This War of Mine (of the revealed games, Renoved Explorers looks promising, someone said it's great, even?)
Stardew Valley (Styx, Rebel Galaxy and Broforce are keepers of the hidden games)
Dragon's Dogma (keeping Mordheim and The Flame in the Flood)

bundles

and forgot to cancel Vermintide (which could have gone worse, I guess Project Cars is as good racing game as any, and perhaps Jotun might be worth keeping).

So that's 12-13 games for 48 dollars, I'm satisfied with the avg. price

Renowned Explorers is p. fun.

Agreed on the rest though, they are running the same scheme with Humble Monthly as they did with regular HB. Start out with lots of good games packed, but lately it's shovelware galore apart from the headline game.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Gold Tier: ($18)
  • Tomb Raider: Legend
  • Deus Ex: Invisible War
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  • Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver
  • Blood Omen 2: Legacy of Kain
  • Conflict: Denied Ops
  • Gyromancer
  • Quantum Conundrum

Who the fuck's gonna pay $18 for that, even if it's 10 keys for each game??

Tom Selleck

Arcane
Wait so each tier is separate? And if you get Gold you don't get bronze or silver inclusive? Eat my shorts.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Renowned Explorers is supposedly good. That and Hard West is probably worth $6.

Gord

Arcane
REIS and HW are both good games to play for ~20-30 hours. REIS in particular is something one can take out once in a while to play for an hour or two, but one has to be able to see beyond the cute/humorous art style.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What about Spintires, can you drive a potato lorry in a Polish thicket, hoping to make it in time for a dinner of Borscht and vodka?

Baron Dupek

Arcane
What about Spintires, can you drive a potato lorry in a Polish thicket, hoping to make it in time for a dinner of Borscht and vodka?
It's the most accurate driving simulator of Polish roads but this time - you get proper vehicle designed for it, not 20+old Golf or other stolen imported German car.
Surprisingly stable physic compared to 98% other games with physic engine.

pippin

The Steam version of Bloodnet only has the CD release with the voice acting. The gog version gives you both the CD version and the floppy version, without voice acting. That is, if you care about these sort of things.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom