Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Humble Indie Bundle #2

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Notice how Windows users pay the least on avarage?

Also, Notch donated 2000 bucks.
Notch, I did not buy Minecraft for you to donate the money away.

:rpgcodex:

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
I finally decided to give them 18PLN. It's above average workwise and despite the theoretical value being 85PLN, I didn't really want any of these games, except maybe Cortex Command.
Too bad that it's impossible to make a partial buy so that all the money would go to developers that made a product that interests me.

I've been having an eye on machinarium so I think I'll get this and pay something along the lines of 5-10 USD. or I would if there was a reasonable payment option, all I can see is paypal and such things, why no card payment option. :(

MapMan

Arcane
Merkwürdigliebe said:
I've been having an eye on machinarium so I think I'll get this and pay something along the lines of 5-10 USD. or I would if there was a reasonable payment option, all I can see is paypal and such things, why no card payment option. :(

Do a google checkout.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I decided to pay $12, giving $10 straight to the developers and the rest (which was $1.99 for some reason) as a Humble Tip.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Funny thing. I just discovered that Cortex Command runs on the Wine much faster than the Lisux version O_o .

Gragt said:
ortucis said:
How's "Child's Play Charity"? Any fun?

Their logo is a console controller. That's enough for me to ignore them.

Derp, absolutely no controllers ever made for PC, not one. :roll:

Anyway, got it earlier, paid $15 and don't regret it a bit.

Multi-headed Cow

Apparently Cortex Command dude was about to go under, too. Hopefully this means he'll make the game less of a mess to play, because when the stars align it's a lot of fun.

MapMan

Arcane
Yeah, considering how successful the bundle is, he should get his shit together and make CC the way it should be.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
ComradeCommissar said:
Derp, absolutely no controllers ever made for PC, not one. :roll:

Well, sure there are.

Here is what one of my controllers for PC looks like:

keyboard.jpg

And that's what my other controller for PC looks like:

tree_mouse2sm.jpg

DID YOU GET THE MESSAGE, YOU DAMN FLAMING IMPREGNATING TRANSFERT STUDENT, OR DO I NEED TO GET ANYMORE OBVIOUS?

I have to say that Machinarium alone was worth it, is a wonderful adventure game, Cortex Command looks like it's got plenty of potential however hard to say considering how unfinished it is. Haven't looked at the other three much yet, one seems like a standard platformer and the other two I don't know, well it was worth 5 dollars at least no questions there, would probably paid a bit more if I was familiar with the content.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Machinarium's good but ultimately overhyped/overrated. Braid's a very fine game to waste one's precious time on, however.
That makes it at least two decent games in that bundle. Not bad.

MapMan

Arcane
Clockwork Knight said:
So I decided to see some videos on youtube, specially of Machinarium since it looks beautiful, and...

:rage:

I don't know if it was the LPer or the game, but it was so slow. Not adventure game slow, just slow. I guess you don't notice it while playing, but I had like three epiphanies watching the little robot push those crates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz6Z5QkfW-Y

Prolly the guy who recorded it has shit pc and thats why its so slow. It runs way faster on my machine.

MapMan

Arcane
Yes, you can download them as many times as you want and they promised to host it for the "forseable" future. They even suggest burning it to a cd or something so you save them bandwith.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Also the games aren't very large -- it's under 600 MB for all five.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
It annoys me that the people who made a tower defence game will get the same amount of money as the people who made physics for Cortex Command and graphics for Machinarium.

Awor Szurkrarz said:
It annoys me that the people who made a tower defence game will get the same amount of money as the people who made physics for Cortex Command and graphics for Machinarium.

Machinarium guys should be happy they're getting any money at all

http://machinarium.net/blog/2010/08/05/ ... e-amnesty/

We released the game DRM free which means it doesn’t include any anti-piracy protection, therefore the game doesn’t bother players with any serial codes or online authentication, but it’s also very easy to copy it. Our estimate from the feedback is that only 5-15% of Machinarium players actually paid for the game. If you decide to buy the game, you can be sure you’ll support directly the developers, not any big publisher or distributor.

Listen to this pirate song composed by Tomas Dvorak specially for this occasion:

Tomas Dvorak - Pirate Amnesty

The offer runs from August 5th to 12th.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom