Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Game Awards 2023 - December 7th

Venser

Erudite
If they really had to play music to prevent longer speeches, they should've went with this

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
And just about everybody knows that, as a crass generalization, gamedevs are the biggest crybabies on the planet.
Its even worse behind close doors. I'm generally more liked by Veterans but a lot of the newer developers are just jerks. The veterans know how fucked up the industry is, the younger ones revel and thrive in how fucked up it is. Very easy to tell who's side you're on, especially when the conversation groups divide. Those industry meet ups can turn nasty real quick, pick an ally and stick to them, its usually the grey hair or grey beard guy with a hoodie on who talks non-stop about how awesome their engine code was in the 90s. These would be the people I would befriend if I were you.

Young Hipster with Glasses is your enemy. The lady with short hair and too many tattoos and piercings is the Boss level. They are usually orbiting the people wearing suits because the suit implies they offer jobs/publishing deals. I hate networking so fucking much.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
And just about everybody knows that, as a crass generalization, gamedevs are the biggest crybabies on the planet.
Its even worse behind close doors. I'm generally more liked by Veterans but a lot of the newer developers are just jerks. The veterans know how fucked up the industry is, the younger ones revel and thrive in how fucked up it is. Very easy to tell who's side you're on, especially when the conversation groups divide. Those industry meet ups can turn nasty real quick, pick an ally and stick to them, its usually the grey hair or grey beard guy with a hoodie on who talks non-stop about how awesome their engine code was in the 90s. These would be the people I would befriend if I were you.

Young Hipster with Glasses is your enemy. The lady with short hair and too many tattoos and piercings is the Boss level. They are usually orbiting the people wearing suits because the suit implies they offer jobs/publishing deals. I hate networking so fucking much.
Man, it makes me so glad I'm not working in that piece of shit "industry" as a coder...

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
COD developers had to walk back their criticism of Judge.
main-qimg-3ef9c5f93cb7b5e044085e546b8a30a1-lq.jpg

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
How? What happened? Judge play the race card?
Nope all the devs deleted their tweets, probably because no one agreed with them and probably more that Acti-Blizz PR didn't like what was happening in the presses.
I think that's a win. Judge didn't have to apologize and they had to shut up.

DemonKing

Arcane
So great I have no idea what you're talking about :smug:
The guy that voices Kratos gave an 8 minute acceptance speech last year and this year joked his speech was actually longer than MWIII's campaign resulting in butthurt from COD developers.

Rincewind

Magister
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So great I have no idea what you're talking about :smug:
The guy that voices Kratos gave an 8 minute acceptance speech last year and this year joked his speech was actually longer than MWIII's campaign resulting in butthurt from COD developers.
That's a good joke. Who cares some people are butthurt on Twitter, to be honest... And if someone does care, just wait 5 seconds... they'll care about something else :shrug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom