Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Announced

dr. one

Augur
this game will be hard to resist.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Sceptic said:
MetalCraze said:
Lawl I'm so hardcore on the Codex I bitch about Bioware being dum but play their piece of shit 7 times
:smug:

I think skyway has now degenerated to the point where he genuinely believes he's the only person in the world who still has taste and that literally everyone on the Codex apart from him is a closet Bioware/Bethesda fanboy who pretend not to enjoy themselves while enjoying stuff they only think they enjoy. Or something. What's next from our wacky mascot?

SharkClub

Prophet
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
SimpleComplexity said:
Gwendo said:
Brand new engine:

http://twitter.com/Bethblog/statuses/14010984884604929

Seeing lots of speculation about #tesv game engine. It's brand new... and it's spectacular!
:patriot:

Looks like Todd lied (again) in that eurogamer interview.
Well, who says he's not the one telling the truth and Bethblog lying?

I wouldn't be surprised if their "upgraded Gamebryo" is what they class ass a "new engine".

They know people hate Gamebryo, they're not gonna shout about it being in TES V. Remember all those lies pre-Oblivion and pre-Fallout 3?

Zeus

Cipher
Huzzah. Ever since I played through Bruma, I've wanted an Elder Scrolls game set in Skyrim. Hell, back in August, the whole, "What do you want from the next TES game?" I asked for,

Sharp axes. Flight spells. Overhauled advancement system which actually gives you incentives for leveling up. Skyrim!

One out of four ain't bad. I'm guessing they'll deal with scaling, since it seems to be the #1 complaint about Oblivion (next to a lack of voice actors, maybe).

I can't believe all the idiots calling for id Software's "Rage engine." Yes, that's what we want, a game engine so new nobody has any experience with it, which is designed ground up not to support mods. Because when someone around here asks if an RPG is any good, the first thing they hear is, "Yes, but only if you don't mod it."

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Lyric Suite said:
JarlFrank said:
Which Morrowind mod was that?

And yeah, it's the positive memories of Morrowind and Daggerfall that make me have hope against all odds. Morrowind is as special to me as Fallout for most people here and I just want to believe that TES series isn't completely lost to retardation.

I want to believe. :(

http://www.mobygames.com/developer/shee ... erId,6760/

Lol I know Julian. He used to post on Internet Infidels back in the day.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Decado said:
Lyric Suite said:
JarlFrank said:

And yeah, it's the positive memories of Morrowind and Daggerfall that make me have hope against all odds. Morrowind is as special to me as Fallout for most people here and I just want to believe that TES series isn't completely lost to retardation.

Was he a good a patriot? Daggerfall was a good effort, wonder why the guy gave up after being ditched by Bethesda in favor of Toddlol.

visions

Arcane
DraQ said:
IronicNeurotic said:
With Autism at least you get something out of it.
Confirmed.

DraQ is a genuine autist/asperger's?

RatFink said:
wouldnt they be kinda..well..sleeping all the time sprawled out over rocks hoping for a bit of sun?

Not neccessarily, it's not certain that the dinosaurs were ectothermic (the existence of polar dinosaurs seems to speak against this view, for instance). The metabolism of Akaviri does not have to resemble that of modern Earth's reptiles.

Self-Ejected

Jack

█▓▒░
Patron
Insert Title Here
A new Elder Scrolls game?
ghahaha.png

At least it'll get the Codex going.

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Lyric Suite said:
Decado said:
Lyric Suite said:
JarlFrank said:

Was he a good a patriot? Daggerfall was a good effort, wonder why the guy gave up after being ditched by Bethesda in favor of Toddlol.

I remember once he casually mentioned being involved in Elder Scrolls in a thread. I shot the guy a PM and we talked briefly -- he wouldn't go into it, beyond saying he was the Julian mentioned in the credits, and that he had a lot to do with Morrowind's design and lore. I didn't press him on it, because it seemed he didn't want to talk about it. He was cool, though. Of course, I didn't know then that he had been forced out (or whatever) and, interestingly enough, it was my conversation with him that sparked my looking into a Morrowind sequel. Two days later they announced Oblivion, and I remember coming over here and seeing all the :x Ahhh, memories.

Admiral jimbob said:
Sceptic said:
MetalCraze said:
Lawl I'm so hardcore on the Codex I bitch about Bioware being dum but play their piece of shit 7 times

I think skyway has now degenerated to the point where he genuinely believes he's the only person in the world who still has taste and that literally everyone on the Codex apart from him is a closet Bioware/Bethesda fanboy who pretend not to enjoy themselves while enjoying stuff they only think they enjoy. Or something. What's next from our wacky mascot?

Skyway is that friend of yours that cracks a gay joke if you so much as look in the general direction of a man, which makes you wonder if he thinks about mansex all the time and is just projecting (only with Skyway it's elf assassin dick, not actual dick)

Luzur

Good Sir
Lyric Suite said:
Decado said:
Lyric Suite said:
JarlFrank said:

he is also following the DaggerXL project.

dbx

Arcane
Patron
Beth really has no shame. And no imagination either.
The Lord of The Rings is released->let's make a tolkienian high fantasy elder scroll.
Dragon Age is released -> cool, let's add dragons!

deuxhero

Arcane
Reconite said:
SimpleComplexity said:
Gwendo said:
Brand new engine:

http://twitter.com/Bethblog/statuses/14010984884604929

Seeing lots of speculation about #tesv game engine. It's brand new... and it's spectacular!
:patriot:

Looks like Todd lied (again) in that eurogamer interview.
Well, who says he's not the one telling the truth and Bethblog lying?

I wouldn't be surprised if their "upgraded Gamebryo" is what they class ass a "new engine".

They know people hate Gamebryo, they're not gonna shout about it being in TES V. Remember all those lies pre-Oblivion and pre-Fallout 3?

I have heard it speculated that it is due to Gamebyro's newfound deadness (came about after QuakeCon) preventing them from using a gamebryo based engine. It would be cool if true.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Sceptic said:
MetalCraze said:

Lawl man you played a 7 years old game from a studio that must mean you should love everything the studio releases 7 years later.

Admiral jimbob said:

You have some imagination.
As I see it - retards constantly bitch and whine about Bethesda. But buy everything they make at the same time. Simple at that. You are welcome to prove me wrong. I even guarantee you there will be no less than 20 threads about this "shitty dumbed down" Skyrim when it comes out.
At least I'd never buy a game I bitch about for a year.

Twinkle

Liturgist
Sceptic said:
the Pocket Guide being the lore of the various provinces, including establishing the Imperial Province as half-jungle)

I'd rather believe my own eyes than some skooma addicted imperial ninja cartographers. :smug:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Luzur said:
he is also following the DaggerXL project.

He should join development. If he's not gonna work in the industry anymore, might as well keep it at least on a hobby level.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom