Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Elder Scrolls Online - gone B2P

Data4

Arcane
TES has great lore. What it lacks is a game that respects it.

halasterbc

Novice
That's weird. Anyway, if you wanna enjoy walking for years on a first person game, where you need to click on the right pixel to Interact with it, dialog is ludicrous, lore is a kindergarden excuse of forgotten realms, and you can see they didn't want to create shit, but they didn't want to pay anything for its "lore" either.... Wait.. are you guys friends with Bethesda now?

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Ouch. The Elder Scrolls may not be the most original setting ever made, but comparing it to the Forgotten Realms is harsh. I actually find the lore to be pretty interesting, but you have to go out of your way to find it in the more recent games, because they have very simplistic stories. Morrowind was probably the only game to live up to the setting's full potential.

halasterbc

Novice
I didn't mean to say it's unoriginal. It is, but i meant to say it's garbage. I didn't play all tes games, but i've watched vídeos of the ones i didn't play. Including one of a monk running around with robes and a broadsword, killing stuff. I mean, he was swinging a fucking broadsword, but using a robe for extra speed right? Or maybe it's all so interesting i can't possibly understand...

DraQ

Arcane
Or maybe it's all so interesting i can't possibly understand...
Or maybe you're simply too retarded to.

I might be inclined to respond in depth, but then again:

-I have already had this kind of, rather voluminous, conversation quite a few times (someone bring up their DraQ.txt and/or search function)
-I would be responding to the kind of person who judges the lore entirely based on few derpy gameplay vids (in other words, a moron)
-...of Oblivion, of all TES games, which generally shat on TES lore, explicitly contradicted itself and was as much of a generic derpfest as you can possibly cram in a single game

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I didn't mean to say it's unoriginal. It is, but i meant to say it's garbage. I didn't play all tes games, but i've watched vídeos of the ones i didn't play. Including one of a monk running around with robes and a broadsword, killing stuff. I mean, he was swinging a fucking broadsword, but using a robe for extra speed right? Or maybe it's all so interesting i can't possibly understand...

So...your chief complaint against the Elder Scrolls is that you saw a video of a monk with a broadsword? I'm not sure I understand your argument.

DraQ

Arcane

So...your chief complaint against the Elder Scrolls is that you saw a video of a monk with a broadsword? I'm not sure I understand your argument.
I'm not sure there is anything worth understanding there.

halasterbc

Novice
halasterbc said:
Or maybe it's all so interesting i can't possibly understand...​
Or maybe you're simply too retarded to.

I might be inclined to respond in depth, but then again:

-I have already had this kind of, rather voluminous, conversation quite a few times (someone bring up their DraQ.txt and/or search function)
-I would be responding to the kind of person who judges the lore entirely based on few derpy gameplay vids (in other words, a moron)
-...of Oblivion, of all TES games, which generally shat on TES lore, explicitly contradicted itself and was as much of a generic derpfest as you can possibly cram in a single game

You've made so many assumptions about me it's surprising.
I've actually lost a lot of time playing each Oblivion, Morrowind and Skyrim entirely, and its lore/setting/unecessary attempt at awful grandeur is shit because it is. Because i (and hopefully you) read/played much better fictions/history based stories. The "awesome" Barbarian/monk vídeo is on an old Elder scrolls game, don't know wich, don't care wich. The best you can do is sit here making poor attemps on calling me a retard because TES' lore appeals to you. And of course you did that. I doubt you or anyone would instead call me on my argument, following by pointing me all TES' lore fictional glory. Ok, i'll give you that. TES' lore is fictitiously glorious. Wait.. now i sound like a retard...

halasterbc said:
I didn't mean to say it's unoriginal. It is, but i meant to say it's garbage. I didn't play all tes games, but i've watched vídeos of the ones i didn't play. Including one of a monk running around with robes and a broadsword, killing stuff. I mean, he was swinging a fucking broadsword, but using a robe for extra speed right? Or maybe it's all so interesting i can't possibly understand...​

Are you trolling? Wow.

If this hasn't been done, place your bets.

Will TESO, on a purely technical level, be more of a failure than TOR?

I'm betting no, but not by a large margin.

Data4

Arcane
TESO will have a fuckton more fanboy apologists than TOR, which might just barely keep it above water for a bit.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't think TESO will be nearly as bad. SWTOR was just WoW with a different coat of paint, but TESO looks to be doing a few things differently, and I have a lot more faith in Zenimax than I do in EA.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
http://gamecriticsawards.com/winners.html

Best Role Playing Game
The Elder Scrolls Online
(Zenimax Online/Bethesda Softworks for PC, PS4, Xbox One)

Something tells me TESO only won because the game critics couldn't think of a way to call Titanfall an RPG. Also:
Publisher Breakdown
Eight Wins:Electronic Arts
One Win:Bethesda Softworks
Disney Interactive
Sega
Sony Computer Entertainment
Supergiant Games
Oculus VR
Ubisoft

Looks legit.

What faggotry:

:lol: DraQ have you seen it? :troll:

da0b5cf2b786bd7e1d6b0fd574ed800e.jpg

a15dd6618ba2956c1c5fe369cad2d4cc.jpg

9513012f143ea48fbe4272378f832665.jpg

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
DraQ: they need to be humanoids so you can collect the rare drop item sets off of them, of course. The kwama queen's probably going to be some sexy dunmer hybrid with at least 36DD knockers. You know, for the kids. :troll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom