Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
Codex has high standards, but my example with DAI Leliana is that her design was a try at making an attractive woman according to mainstream standards. I don't think that's the case for Cassandra, Sera, and Josephine, especially the former two. I personally believe that the DAI artists and designers set out to depict the 'average homely woman' as per SJW goals.
So, they must live on a strange planet because even average women that I know are more attractive than those SJW uncanny valley monsters.

LundB

Mistakes were made.
The combat is shit as RPG combat, and it's shit as action combat. At least ME had the decency to go full-on action combat instead of providing this sort of autoattack cooldown-juggling semi-action abortion.

Either give me proper acceptable RPG combat or give me a fun action game (shooter or melee or both) with the occasional RPG element (upgradeable skills, inventory, c+c, etc), it's not that fucking hard.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
Bh1ICoV.png
ScreenShot350_zps3377e47e.jpg

Speaking of plastic hair... Is it supposed to be an inside joke about Gaider's toupée or something?
dm7ynQJ.jpg

Xenich

Cipher
They came up with some bullshit saying that I played for more than 24 hours (which is of course impossible), so I won't get my money back. The "Great Game Guarantee" mentioned on Origin's website is bullshit.

Oh well.

Yep, that is expected. They know some are going to feel like they were raked over the coals with this game. I pirated DA2, played it for 15-20 mins deleted it and went on my way. I keep considering going back to it if it is cheap enough, but it would have to be a few bucks to get me to even consider buying that piece of shit. Hell, most games these days it is obvious through Youtube footage and various comments from the fringe here and there that the game will be shit, but you can always be taken from time to time. I know some people here have shit fits about "pirating" to test a game, but they can fuck off.. I have over 600 games from the last 30 years where I was taken for a large amount because they lied and misrepresented a game, I know better now, I will pirate if I truly think the game deserves a "testing" before buy, but these days, it is obvious that most mainstream games will be utterly pieces of shit. No need to Pirate DA:I, it is obvious fucking garbage. I think you just fell victim to a desire to play something and the hope that it might be even remotely entertaining. Sad that most games these days aren't worth even a full read of a review.

Oh, and imweasel, if you can prove the time you played (you can as they log your account time with the game), then go up the chain, don't talk to the lackeys, get the manager on the phone and tell him to justify his policy in the face of the facts. If has a problem, tell him you will take it further up the chain, even contacting your local news studio who does "bad business" reviews as well as report them to the better business bureau. If you are in the right, don't be a chump, stand up for being right or don't bother ever complaining about a company again.

Oh, and BTW every CEO of every company has their number publicly listed. Call them, bitch to them about the double standard policies. You will get your money back. I guarantee it.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Skimmed through a few reviews, am disappointed-but-not-surprised that combat is a joke, but was pleasantly surprised to see journalists actually calling it out.

Well, see ya in a year or more, DAI. Early 2015's going to be all about Pillars of Excellence. :cool:

Athelas

Arcane
I don't see the problem. You don't have to aim, meaning accuracy is entirely dependent on character skill rather than player skill, meaning it's a true RPG. :troll:

Deleted member 7219

Unlocked early through Korean VPN.

It's pretty good. Combat is a little annoying but the music is fantastic and the world design is beautiful. Doesn't feel very Bioware so far to tell you the truth, but I've only just got to Hinterlands and I've mainly spending my time running around looking at things.

kris

Arcane
Don't know why so many complain about characters being not being attractive. I prefer a game were everyone doesn't look like models. Like Starcraft 1 kerrigan over SC2 sudden vapid model. If the complaint had been that their design was bad, sure, but now I see so much whining about their appearance. Is that really such a problem for you?

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I pirated DA2, played it for 15-20 mins deleted it and went on my way.
DA2 had a free demo though. It was great as well. Did the intro sequence, which ended with a boss fight, then skipped to a point like midway through the game, which ended with a boss fight. very representative of the experience you'd have playing most of the game. It did restrict which class the PC could be and also the difficulty, but there was some mod created to get around that within a day. Easily could see it wouldn't be fun for me off that with near 100% certainty so I've great respect for Bio for doing it (that the difficulties weren't enabled by default was disappointing though) in a time when demo's are definitely the exception.

Shame they aren't doing it this time AFAIK.

Bradylama

Arcane
Don't know why so many complain about characters being not being attractive. I prefer a game were everyone doesn't look like models. Like Starcraft 1 kerrigan over SC2 sudden vapid model. If the complaint had been that their design was bad, sure, but now I see so much whining about their appearance. Is that really such a problem for you?

It isn't so much that the characters are plain looking, but that they are covered in sheets of sweat and grease with plastic hair.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Its a combination of them being ugly on purpose to appease some bullshit SJW nonsense about objectification and them being ugly because the artists and designers are shit.

Actually, now that i think about it, i think the artists just fucked up and now they are pretending those characters were made ugly on purpose.

Last edited:

Deleted member 7219

Actually I think Leliana looks vaguely like Felicia Day now. It's like having her in that DLC and poorly made youtube series wasn't enough.

I don't see how she looks like Felicia Day, and her personality is anything but.

Xenich

Cipher
I pirated DA2, played it for 15-20 mins deleted it and went on my way.
DA2 had a free demo though. It was great as well. Did the intro sequence, which ended with a boss fight, then skipped to a point like midway through the game, which ended with a boss fight. very representative of the experience you'd have playing most of the game. It did restrict which class the PC could be and also the difficulty, but there was some mod created to get around that within a day. Easily could see it wouldn't be fun for me off that with near 100% certainty so I've great respect for Bio for doing it (that the difficulties weren't enabled by default was disappointing though) in a time when demo's are definitely the exception.

Shame they aren't doing it this time AFAIK.

I have been fooled by Demos in the past, which is why I don't use them as good evaluations. Really it is no harm, no foul type of thing. Every game I have pirated to try out and enjoyed, I own (those I don't enjoy get deleted right away). For instance, I pirated Space Rangers 2 and ended up buying It, the first one, the remake and the HD one even though they are essentially all the same game (with some additional content and changes). If I think your game is good, I speak with my money, if I think it is shit, you will never know because I won't have spent a dime on your ass.

As for DA2, I thought it was complete shit from the amount I played. I hated it and it soured the entire company on me. Though I looked at it from an RPG game evaluation. I guess if I was looking at it from a shallow arcade hack and slash game, it might have rated it a bit higher for me. /shrug

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I don't see the problem. You don't have to aim, meaning accuracy is entirely dependent on character skill rather than player skill, meaning it's a true RPG. :troll:

Uhh... you can't miss a locked on ranged attack.

nikolokolus

Arcane
RK47 After watching your video (which was funny) I'm sitting here speechless. How did this plot-hook ever get out of the writer's room? The Oblivion/Witcher 2 ripoff aside, there's absolutely no logical explanation for the conclusion that your glowing fap-hand is somehow the key to closing the big Oblviion ga ... erm ... rift.

I'm imagining the PnP game I run and trying to open up a campaign with this schlock. I'd get laughed out of the room. These people should be ashamed of themselves and it's not even for the SJW pandering, it's the utter failure to construct a hook that makes any sort of sense.

Malpercio

Arcane
So apparently I
managed to suppress the mage rebellion
Uh, ok? Didn't realize it until they told me.

All characters requited but the emo dude, but no way he's getting into my inquisition. We have already reached the bad character quota with Sera.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
You know, an actual laugh track makes BioWare's dialogues MUCH better...

Maybe if it's actually funny bro.
I don't really find it funny, just needlessly pointless and explain nothing.
The story is weak.
Very, very weak.

Darkion

Augur
Just saw a video presenting Dorian. I'm surprised, I thought they were going for the easy FABULOUS! stereotype treatment, but they went with bitchy stereotype instead. I was expecting to hear the theme from that old Dynasty show in the background at any moment. As usual the comments are the best part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZK_hfTV4Zw

There are all sort of spoilery videos on that channel if anyone wants to fish for lulz.

Bradylama

Arcane
RK47 After watching your video (which was funny) I'm sitting here speechless. How did this plot-hook ever get out of the writer's room? The Oblivion/Witcher 2 ripoff aside, there's absolutely no logical explanation for the conclusion that your glowing fap-hand is somehow the key to closing the big Oblviion ga ... erm ... rift.

I'm imagining the PnP game I run and trying to open up a campaign with this schlock. I'd get laughed out of the room. These people should be ashamed of themselves and it's not even for the SJW pandering, it's the utter failure to construct a hook that makes any sort of sense.

They're counting on you being so enamored with spectacle that you won't notice.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Lolve how there are never more than 4 dialogue options but there are 6 buttons on the "wheel."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom