Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The funniest thing about the elf thief chick is that she's the only companion in the game whom you can refuse to take in the party in your first conversation with her.

Even the writers realized how fucking annoying she was.

You're also fully capable of firing Cole and Dorian and The Iron Bull.

You cant fire Black lady because she can become divine, and I think Cassandra can too. There's a few that cant be dumped but a fair few can. Stop spewing bullshit memes you dip

He could still be wrong for all I know, but that was the point he was making. So if it isn't true of all three you mentioned, it is you who is the dip. HA. HA.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
Men, I am here to announce that I beat the main game, the Jaws of Hakkon DLC and the Descent DLC on Nightmare with all the trials turned on. A dubious honor, to be sure. But that second to last Jaws of Hakkon boss was incredibly hard (at first), until I realized how OP grenades are (never bothered using them at all up to that point). I went from beating my head against a wall, to killing him in 60 seconds with grenades.

The ending of the game really, really, sucked. You kill the villain in probably the easiest, most anticlimactic, battle of the game, then everyone just kind of shrugs and you only get like 2-3 title cards based on your choices (compared to Origins, which had a ton). On to Tresspasser, though. I'll be glad to be done with this game.

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
on Nightmare

Why did you torture yourself like that?

I genuinely enjoy high difficulty. In fact, I was luke warm on this game until I hit a few fights I couldn't manage, then started to sperg out with crafting and trying a bunch of different builds for all the characters. My happiest moment in RPGs has always when I come up against a boss fight that seems impossible, but manage to find some way through it. And the good thing about DA:I is that its crafting and builds are so varied you can try a bunch of different things when you get stuck. I'm an obsessive powergamer and DA:I's infinite crafting system just pushed all my buttons for some reason. Plus, it's really incredibly hard on Nightmare coupled with "Walk Softly" (which gives enemeies a bunch of new abilities), "Friendly Fire," and that trial where you can't use any healing potions. One of the harder AAA RPGs I've played in ages (although, I feel like now I know the ropes I could probably solo the game on nightmare blindfolded.....definitely don't like it enough to try that, though).

prodigydancer

Arcane
In My Safe Space
on Nightmare with all the trials turned on
high difficulty
Trials don't make DA:I much harder. With trials on, those "fights you couldn't manage" in early game are more or less rigged against any setup that isn't warrior tank + DW rogue + 2x mages with Dispel. If you understand how guard generation works and can chain dispel enemies, there are very few fights that pose any threat at all. Crafting further trivializes things as you can craft weapons with +guard on hit which makes your whole party virtually immune to CC.

Friendly Fire
FF is DA:I is dumb. Since your characters NEVER stay in one place (Hold Your Ground doesn't really work), you can't avoid hitting them by good positioning and careful targeting. Hence, there's no tactical depth to it. It's just an inevitable annoyance you have to deal with. And since dealing with it is very frustrating, you simply limit yourself to single-target only abilities because they never FF. With the party setup I mentioned above DPS output doesn't matter at all so AoE is superfluous.

Bottom line: with FF and trials fights become even longer and even more tedious than they already were in vanilla Nightmare, but not much more challenging.

Last edited:

Tom Selleck

Arcane
I never played it!

:positive:

But I watched it on Youtube.

:mixedemotions:

(The :negative: is me, just to be clear. And the :positive: is EA and the rape is painful and implied)

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

This GDC 2015 talk from Bioware's Kaelin Lavallee and Mark Wilson walks through the challenges of creating Bioware's biggest single-player game and the instances where narrative and technical teams had to work together to build a fantasy world that could scale properly in design.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Wow, 184 pages of discussing such crap game. And on RPGcodex.

I dont want to shame, but why instead of playing mainstream trash - better play INCLINE games?

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Actually I thought about playing it, but I can't find awakening, and they killed my favorite pirate server, so I can't easily obtain it again.

What difficulty should be done for enjoyable ironman for first playtrough? And what about friendly fire?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Story sucks. I want to do walking in environment crafting and do stuff like managing an organization of psychos.

Delterius

Arcane
Story sucks. I want to do walking in environment crafting and do stuff like managing an organization of psychos.
There's not a lot of point to playing it at the highest difficulty or with friendly fire on. Trust me, I tried. Stay away if you can't have fun with BioWare's soap drama.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't wanna highest difficulty, I'm split between normal and hard. (And also I wonder if I shouldn't do awakening first... If I'd obtain 22GB of data from somewhere.) I heard it had funny character and because main team wasn't pressured into making epic story, it had actually enjoyable story.

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
DA:I was the reason why I joined the Codex, I needed a safe space. Somewhere I could safely shittalk the game with likeminded individuals.

Frozen

Arcane
There is a Jim Sterling in every country and Inquisition was the reason I was banned for the first time on a local gaming forum for trashing pos and his paid review.
"gaming journalists"...the lowest form of life

Theldaran

Liturgist
He probably didn't buy on release, and just waited for a sale. Otherwise he would have needed a more serious therapy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom