Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Dragon Age: Inquisition Thread

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
EA killed Maxis already so Bioware could join their zombie army soon, but i hope it will not go that way becouse DA and ME series are quite fine AAA crpg's, despite shitstorm on this forum.
r2gpvq03dyu8sqb039if.jpg

Deleted member 7219

I'm 45 hours in the game by now and so far it's fun.

The main story has some good moments, as do the companion quests.

The 'sidequests' in each region are absolutely abysmal, though.

Delterius

Arcane
Xor said:
HEY GUYS I THINK KONJAD MIGHT BE TROLLING US.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1546889
Konjad said:
So... how many of you actually want to play it?

As for myself I will definitely not buy nor play it. After the demo I'm sure this is one of the worst cRPGs ever. Hell, perhaps even worse than Oblivion, though still incomparable to ArcaniA.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56207
Konjad said:
First of all the combat is just plainly boring. I knew it won't be anything that requires thinking but this one is even more boring than in DAO. Dialogues are horrible. Worse than in DAO. Music is shit, graphic is just laughable. There is no singe pro of that game. It's just shit. Good thing they put up a demo because now I know to not bother with DA2. I mean DAO was semi-good. It had filler combat, it had overdone violence, it had many other drawbacks... but at least dialogues were okay and there were some choices with some consequences from time to time. The game was rather good until Deep Roads. But DA2? Now, THIS IS SHIT.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/posting.p ... &p=1557559
Konjad said:
Good thing I have 1 GB memory in my GPU and it supports DX 11.

Good thing I'm not going to play DA2 anyway.

http://www.rpgcodex.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=56619
Konjad said:
I don't even know why the fuck did I open this thread. Eh, bad habit reading everything in RPGD.

On topic:
I don't give a shit. I want The Witcher 2/Risen 2/DE3/EB3/AoD... hell, I might also play Skyrim, though I doubt it. But this turd? Hell, no!

And my personal favorite (from the same thread):
Konjad said:
I find it ironic that the 'dex says DA2 is shit beyond salvation even with mods, unworthy of anything and yet so many of the members will play it...

Can we add anyone who ever plays DA2 custom tag "Biowhore"?

In mid March he changes his mind and starts calling DA2 the best game evar.

Its not plagiarism, its an homage.

Self-Ejected

IncendiaryDevice

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot
Welcome to the internet, where discussion forums are killed by unkillable discussion killers spewing endless one-liners.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Delterius

Arcane
:badnews:

Now, I have an interesting theory to put forward. If gaming journalists never play more than a few hours of each game, does that mean they never even saw BioWare C&C in all its glory?

Can you imagine? Living in a world of Schrodinger's C&Cs. Where Dragon Age is (probably) just as reactive as Age of Decadence, or something.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Those awards and articles only have relevance if people keep reading them and viewing the sites. Stop giving attention to these shit games.

AwesomeButton

Patron
It's not the views coming from us that give them relevance. I read a few pretty good articles on the subject of corruption in the videogames media on forbes, but I'll have tomsearch around to find them. Whatever the authors' agenda they do state some truths which do get relevance when they get printed in Forbes. imweasel knows some good articles, at least I've seen him quote them.

sv0

Barely Literate
Beat the game. Even though I doubt codexers care, I'll play tag.

In the cop-out final fight, Corypheus was glitched as fuck. I had to restart twice because he just stood there, invincible even when I whittled his health to zero. I hadn't encountered very many glitches up until that point, though I'm sure there are tons, but it was a bit disappointing that the final battle was so absurdly broken. The ending probably wouldn't have been fulfilling either way. Up until then, I thought the story missions were pretty cool (if corny,) so killing The Dark Lord because I am The Chosen One was a let down.

I had fun with the game, but definitely can see where all the criticism is coming from. I loved Origins and wasn't a gamer when DA2 came out, so I suppose I'm a naive soul. I won't be replaying the game like I did Origins, and definitely don't recommend it to RPG purists. Maybe someday I'll join you ranks.

Delterius

Arcane
Beat the game. Even though I doubt codexers care, I'll play tag.

My child, we are very inclusive folk. By all means, you are already set for great things just by seeing the finale for the cop out that it truly is.

Welcome to the Codex. Mind the bumps on the road ahead.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Finally heard about Gaider leaving DA, laughed at how some of you guise thought that was a sign of failure and not a sign of a guy getting sick of working on the same damn thing for 10 years.

imweasel

Finally heard about Gaider leaving DA, laughed at how some of you guise thought that was a sign of failure and not a sign of a guy getting sick of working on the same damn thing for 10 years.
What makes you think that EA didn't remove Gaider from Dragon Age after people bitched about the lackluster writing, the forced homosexuality wherever you look and heaps of gay lore (like transsexual Qunari)? As long as Gaider is lead writer people will expect more of that bullshit from the story DLC too.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom