Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I almost finished all DLC stuff with vanilla DS2. All except the 2 pets in Frigid Outskirts. A shame it leaves a bad taste at the end of an otherwise very enjoyable trio of DLCs. I mean, all those "special DLC dungeons" were kinda crappy and the gank-squad battle was another troll boss, but at least you could come back to it rather quickly. Having to run again through the whole fucking Frigid Outskirts is probably the worst design decision they made in this game.
Twin cats is the only Dark Souls boss I haven't beaten. I did the run up to it once and said fuck it, I don't have time for this shit. Never regretted it for a second. Crown of the Ivory King is otherwise my favourite DLC of the lot, so I just pretend the frigid outskirts don't exist.
It's funny how everyone has trouble with different things. For instance, the only Soulsborne boss I haven't beaten (never summon) in the From games is Orphan. Fuck that fucking thing. I've been meaning to go back and try it again though, I could probably get it, I usually just get irritated and finish my playthrough.
I've beaten those stupid cats in Softs, I just don't fancy running through frigid fuckskirts until I manage to beat them again. 2 runs were enough this time. It's not like it's a good boss battle anyway, just a double copy-cat with shitty loot.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've beaten those stupid cats in Softs, I just don't fancy running through frigid fuckskirts until I manage to beat them again. 2 runs were enough this time. It's not like it's a good boss battle anyway, just a double copy-cat with shitty loot.
It's actually a p. good boss battle, the AI is tuned so it's hard but manageable. One of the best boss fights in the game IMHO.

The problem is most people would need 10+ runs at it and ain't nobody got time for running through those fucking outskirts over and over again. It's easily the worst boss run in all souls, probably in all gaming.

Max Damage

Savant
FXrNFtz.png

It really feels like for every good change it was mandated to add 2 shitty ones. Not that this room was great before, but in SotFS it takes forever to clear because it's brilliant design to have same enemy with long sweeping attacks copypasted to the limit :hmmm:

Max Damage

Savant
Qcbrtt7.png

This doesn't even work proper, I have this door open + same but on the other side, the remaining stone spearmen don't come to life and fight, can't open other doors because of that lmao

Max Damage

Savant
UBikPAV.png

A reset later, now 3 doors are open, 3 remain locked. This is some Korean MMO design, seriously, who the fuck thought this was an improvement?

Max Damage

Savant
I kill spearfucks right next to a door on 3rd attempt, still no progress. How do you butcher something that was working fine so badly? And guess what, you have to fight the Sentinels each time still. Seriously, whoever says SotFS is "definitive version" is a certified dumbfuck.

Max Damage

Savant
Yype8Zx.png

The doors are working again, but look at this shit, seriously. I have to make sure to not let these cunts despawn, so the optimal things is to chip away their health and make sure they die as close to doors as possible while also rolling through the meatgrinder of spears. It was a shitty gimmick in vanilla that somehow got worse on From's 2nd attempt.

Max Damage

Savant
I don't have screenshots of this place from my vanilla runs, so here's some footage I found by someone else:

The room is way less crowded, and you can reliably get doors to open. This is yet another spot where SotFS takes a dump on something that was working as intended by inflating crowds and breaking something extra on top. The annoying thing in the original was you'd have to fight Ruin Sentinels you set free each time if you didn't open all doors on first try, guess what is there's more of in SotFS too?

Hell Swarm

Learned
Probably killing too far away, especially if you're despawning enemies. That room was great first time through but fuck replaying it.

Max Damage

Savant
lEFzaNK.png

I hate that there's no unlimited red orb, but I managed to get summoned to this fight and stop 2 guys from getting bored :positive:

Max Damage

Savant
Blue Acolyte is best mod ever, not only it makes cracked orbs reusable, but it also checks all the areas for players, not just the one you are in. I'm invading in 15 seconds or less after queuing, simply amazing :yeah:

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
The gank squad boss in the first DLC is underrated. It has one of the best musical tracks in the game and gives you PTSD episodes at the same time. And fucking Sinh. I worship every piece of DLC this game has. It's Souls perfected.

ferratilis

Magister
Is the Demon's Great Hammer a rare drop? Because I just got two in a row from the birds. And not even with Petrified Something. As soon as I can get enough twinkling titanite, I'm upgrading that bad boy to +5 because the moveset is nice and it looks cool.

Caim

Arcane
Is the Demon's Great Hammer a rare drop? Because I just got two in a row from the birds. And not even with Petrified Something. As soon as I can get enough twinkling titanite, I'm upgrading that bad boy to +5 because the moveset is nice and it looks cool.
Yep, it's a drop from apparently the small stone and the petrified something. The birds can give one of three weapons, and in some speedruns and challenge runs this has been the cause of a lot of resets.

Max Damage

Savant
pmlgaI6.png

Boring co-op boss for meh DLC, at least it's easy enough you don't really have to try, it's a shame PvP in Souls just sucks as far as core mechanics go.

ferratilis

Magister
I love being invaded by these dexterity twinks. Get bonked, bitch.
aEZTWrO.jpeg

hs1p75X.jpeg

I just hope I don't run into that faggot who uses hacks to fill your inventory with thousands of binoculars, making it impossible to open the inventory and rendering your save file useless. That would be a bummer.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Would a hack prevent a back-up save file from being restored? You would lost whatever progress you had made since that last back-up, but nothing more. :M

ferratilis

Magister
Would a hack prevent a back-up save file from being restored?
No, but afaik you still can't play online with a backup save. At least in Elden Ring you would get a 180-day soft ban. Maybe DS2 is more lenient.

Since the inventory data is stored in the save file, the only way to fix the issue would be to switch to offline play and use Cheat Engine to remove injected items. It's a pain in the ass, either way.

It's explained here:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3219839402
It appears that the only way to remove these items currently is to use the public Cheat Engine table, which can be acquired from GitHub which I will also link at the end of this post. Make sure you have the current build of Cheat Engine installed (version 7.4 as of 4/12/2024). To remove the items, launch Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, and load the affected character. Next, open the Cheat Engine table(DS2_SotFS_Bob_Edition.CT), and it will automatically link to your active instance of Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. In the lower section, click "Open - Table v4.7.4" > "Scripts" > "Misc" > "+14 Crash Protection". Once this is enabled, this will prevent the game from crashing due to the +14 Bleed Daggers in your inventory. From here, you should now be able to go in and remove them. To hasten the process, select one of the items, and hit "Discard Selected", and you can mass select the items to be discarded.

Max Damage

Savant
I don't understand this kind of "trolling", imagine being such a sad loser that you get joy from bricking someone's character.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom