Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Rolk's Drifter

Scholar
Cadmus I was in a very similar position when I got to Drangleic Castle. The single player isn't that strong imo, DS1 is much better in that respect. But you are in the right place to start doing some PVP like DramaticPopcorn said.

If fight clubs on the bridge are too much at this stage, you can still have a lot of fun by joining the Bellbro covenant there. If you clear a few enemies in Belfty Sol and hang around, you can get quite a lot of action. As well as being invaded and summoned by the Bellbros, you can lay your summon sign down, use cracked red eye orbs to invade players as a dark spirit, or get invaded by a red phantom yourself. So that's five different types of PVP all in the same place and right next door to a bonfire. You'll also get titanite chunks by defeating bellbros/trespassers so it can be pretty rewarding without much risk. Also the bellbros don't tend to be that good at PVP which makes them useful practise.

Another thing you can do to break up the monotony is lay your summon sign at the beginning of a map and go on your merry way. As well as breaking up the pace, having another human player can change how you play the level. It makes the combat less predictable. This is assuming you can still find players to play with. Your soul memory might be too high for where you're at. Either way, you should definitely try out the online play. It really does make the game a lot more enjoyable. I'd never played online with strangers before but I've found it quite addictive. If you have trouble connecting to other players, I'd even recommend rolling a new character and not grinding so much.

dr. one

Augur
Around 25 minutes of SotFS gameplay (Heide´s + Wharf):

The changes seem pretty cool in these two areas.
Apparently they´ve also added new friendly phantoms as additional co-op support (that "I won´t bite" gesture before casting heal was a nice touch).

Last edited:

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Makes me wonder why they release sots after bloodborne and not before it.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Around 25 minutes of SotFS gameplay (Heide´s + Wharf):

The changes seem pretty cool in these two areas.
Apparently they´ve also added new friendly phantoms as additional co-op support (that "I won´t bite" gesture before casting heal was a nice touch).

Brilliant cocksucking. From is proud.

DramaticPopcorn

>From
>fixed
I+guess+he+accidentally+clicked+on+of+the+preset+movements+_e4c6a202efb6bb4b48e1bff276abbb43.png

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Have they still not fixed the 60fps durability glitch?

Nope. The PS4/Xbone and the still PC versions are going to suck ass because of this.

Anything with less than 60 base durability will be worthless, barely able to make it through even half of No Man's Warf.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Have they still not fixed the 60fps durability glitch?

Nope. The PS4/Xbone and the still PC versions are going to suck ass because of this.

Anything with less than 60 base durability will be worthless, barely able to make it through even half of No Man's Warf.
But what if it is working as intended and it is 30 fps durability that is bug?

The idea behind is that they want you to stop spamming attacks after the enemy is dead. It still feels like a bug because the execution is shit.

Murk

Arcane
>dragon, originally a boss near the end of the game

>plop one into one of the starting areas that every halfwit goes to (to then bitch about difficulty)

HUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHUEHUEHUEHUE

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, I saw that. I take it the dragon is properly scaled for Heide's Tower? Because if not, it's just one massive GET REKT to the player I haven't seen since the Undead Dragon in the Valley of the Drakes.

They added also more heide knights (more heides drops in early game?)and supposedly changed locations of weapons. Vaati said that for example great lance can be obtain much earlier. I doubt killing a drake with masterless glancour would be a problem. Also 4 players in co-op will rape anything. Its fucking easy mode :M

Murk

Arcane
If the drake isn't scaled, then with 4 players you'd break your weapons before you'd kill the drake as it's HP and defense would go up so high.

ENJOY 60 FPS YOU POOR SAPS HAHAHAHAHA

Wait... there's no fog gate. Does that mean that if someone summons me for help I can just run and aggro it? Oh god yes, yesssss. Aggro the heides, aggro the dragon, go get fucked you poor unsuspecting idiot who wanted some jolly cooperation.

The most useless twink ever... No i-frames, shit roll distance, shit stamina regen and average damage output. I still get 2 shot by buffing twinks. At least people still get butthurt over Havel's set.

N3j6IGb.jpg

deQLdAD.jpg

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
People write shit on my steam profile sometimes after dueling with me in DS2. How are they doing it, where can I see who I just played against?

Caim

Arcane
You get the message on your screen with the name of the person that just invaded you.

Declinator

Arbiter
People write shit on my steam profile sometimes after dueling with me in DS2. How are they doing it, where can I see who I just played against?

View -> Players (on Steam) and you'll get the players you have recently played with.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom