Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls II Megathread™

Trash

Pointing and laughing.

Werner Herzog plays a video game. And while my first thought was 'holy pretentious batman' it quickly turned to laughter as he brings Klaus Kinski into the monologue. Do watch it until the end.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2

Hey cunt for brains put that in a freaking spoiler tag some us are still not able to get the game and i would like not to be spoiled by edgy retards who cant work spoiler tags.

Yes that means stupid little gifs to.
:lol:

I would post actual spoilers in response instead of "get this, there's a miniboss who's... a BIG GUY WITH A SWORD!! GAME RUINED" but I don't want to read them myself.

I don't want to be spoiled, guess I'll browse the thread filled with people playing it days before official release

what could possibly go wrong

-
just so this isn't a complete shitpost, here's the site of the guy who made the trailer song (not the weird one with Jethro Tull, the one where the herodude fights the masked freaks then gets fireball'd by a dragon)

http://mikolaistroinski.com/flash/en/home.html#/home/

Last edited:

praetor

Arcane

:(

looking at some other screenshots from last year, it seems pretty obvious that a lot of the game looks "washed out" (and not that much better than DaS1, if at all in some cases) because all/most of the assets/textures were designed with that lighting model in mind... remove that, and everything looks blander. sadness

[cuntspiracy mode: on]i have a feeling the PC version won't be much better than current console, then they'll release a patch for PC after it's out on next gen hardware with all the old pizzaz back[cuntspiracy mode: off] if it turns out to be like that, faith in from: lost

LivingOne

Savant
^Can't speak for others but from what I understand torches,wich are now useless due to worse lightining,were meant to push you out of your comfort zone in dark areas(instead of using shields).So there's a bit of disappointment for this mechanic not functioning properly.

toroid

Arcane
Anybody able to figure out what the hundred-and-something megabyte patch did? I didn't play until after the patch so I have no clue.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
Anybody able to figure out what the hundred-and-something megabyte patch did? I didn't play until after the patch so I have no clue.

Something something match making not working correctly something something.

toroid

Arcane

I think that's a PS3 only issue, and the patch was released across both platforms. Also, in the 'information' section of the game on the PS3 version there are notes that suggest that the connectivity issues are not fixed yet.

DragoFireheart

I think that's a PS3 only issue, and the patch was released across both platforms. Also, in the 'information' section of the game on the PS3 version there are notes that suggest that the connectivity issues are not fixed yet.

Well all I can do is speculate. No one knows at this time. Hopefully it's done by Friday when amazon finally delivers my game.

Anyways, on the topic of atmosphere: high quality graphics do not make atmosphere. Art style and music play the largest role.

praetor

Arcane
Anyways, on the topic of atmosphere: high quality graphics do not make atmosphere. Art style and music play the largest role.

eh, it's not about "high quality". it's about stuff clearly being designed with "graphical feature X" in mind and then having "graphical feature X" stripped from the engine. the former oozes atmosphere while the latter is a washed out mess

DragoFireheart

eh, it's not about "high quality". it's about stuff clearly being designed with "graphical feature X" in mind and then having "graphical feature X" stripped from the engine. the former oozes atmosphere while the latter is a washed out mess

Yeah looks like they just ripped lighting out of the entire game. Those screenshots look pretty bad.

praetor

Arcane
yeah.. in those 2 screenshots above it's particularly noticeable. the 1st one has depth and a sense of 3D, the colours are vibrant without being saturated, the lighting is more "natural" and everything fits together. in the 2nd "colour & lighting" is replaced by "dull grey", all the depth was lost with the removal of little details that breathed life into the scene and the player character looks more paintshopped on the screen rather than a part of it.

DragoFireheart

yeah.. in those 2 screenshots above it's particularly noticeable. the 1st one has depth and a sense of 3D, the colours are vibrant without being saturated, the lighting is more "natural" and everything fits together. in the 2nd "colour & lighting" as replaced by "dull grey", all the depth was lost with the removal of little details that breathed life into the scene and the player character looks more paintshopped on the screen rather than a part of it.

The hardware for these games is what? 6+ years old? It's to be expected.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom