Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software The Dark Souls Discussion Thread

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Do you even need to jump once in Sen's Fortress? I don't think you do.

wideman

Novice
hmm.. I played DS1 some years ago, have done several runs. And I am now thinking whether there was any jumping needed really. If there was, it has never been in life or death situation. More like systematically approach the ledge and jump. That is unless you are doing speed run glitches or cheeses.

To me the 'platforming' stuff in DS1 felt better than in DS3 which was more action oriented game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

wideman

Novice
Yeah, kinda. The only annoying thing about the control scheme is that you can't roll directly out of a sprint, which can suck in boss fights.
Run Dodge could give some level of advantage for player inviting for some cheezy strats.

Steezus

Savant
Patron
Yeah, kinda. The only annoying thing about the control scheme is that you can't roll directly out of a sprint, which can suck in boss fights.
Run Dodge could give some level of advantage for player inviting for some cheezy strats.

No, it wouldn't, really. It's been possible in every other game once they figured out they could put jump on right stick.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
392869409_10229418321378699_6962661871624965615_n.jpg

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DS1 is fine.

DS2 onwards is where the issues are. And by the time you reach ER you will watch DS2 and think the combat is not as shit after all

Self-Ejected

Dadd

Self-Ejected
DS2 combat is good, especially in PvP, but very different from that of other Souls games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom